IGNORED

All men should be so fortunate.... Purity Cult

0 kids n not countin

From a fundy on Facebook I check-out from time to time when I'm logged on:

I thank God for the godly young lady that the Lord is going to let me marry! She has already made a big influence on many young ladies we've come in contact with! She is meek, chaste, godly, modest, and beautiful! God has given me a true virtuous woman! Prov. 31:10

Seriously, "meek" is supposed to be a positive quality??

He's a "preacher boy" in the South who is to be married this year.

Aren't the meek supposed to inherit the Earth? Can't have a meek woman inheriting anything instead of her headship! :o

Aren't the meek supposed to inherit the Earth? Can't have a meek woman inheriting anything instead of her headship! :o

The meek get to inherit the Earth sometime in the distant future. In the present they have to suck it up, otherwise they're not being meek. It's a great way of keeping people in their place. "Sure, you're suffering now, but just you wait!"

A lot of fundies have no love for the Sermon on the Mount and mostly ignore it. One would think that to a Christian, the words of Christ would be the most important words to them, but not so apparently.

A lot of fundies have no love for the Sermon on the Mount and mostly ignore it. One would think that to a Christian, the words of Christ would be the most important words to them, but not so apparently.

I wonder why.

Blessed be this, blessed be that. They played it from a disc, the voice was a man's. Blessed be the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are the merciful. Blessed be the meek. Blessed are the silent. I knew they made that up, I knew it was wrong, and they left things out too, but there was no way of checking.

Nope, fundies tend to be Paulians. Forget Jesus and all his talk about love and compassion and helping people, Paul is the man! You get to hate on women and think that you are better than everyone else. :roll:

Nope, fundies tend to be Paulians. Forget Jesus and all his talk about love and compassion and helping people, Paul is the man! You get to hate on women and think that you are better than everyone else. :roll:

Explains why Paul never managed to find a wife....he was a misogynistic blowhard.

Sigh, yeah. Ghandi had it right. "I love your Christ. But not your Christians. They are nothing like your Christ."

I've always wondered how fundies going into marriage deal with quirks and habits and personality issues. They don't look at any of that beforehand, and sometimes, there are things you need to hammer out and compromise on.

Archived