IGNORED

Fundies Closing the Conversation

emmiedahl

There are a few others. Jericho is the one that comes to mind, and who was the lady who told me that I should live in a car and starve my children because that's what *she* did when she was poor to avoid getting benefits?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did we run Currysausage off the board? I still think he was a fundy Poe.

The problem with proselytizers is that they want to control the conversation. As soon as someone throws in a question or comment that they can't answer, they turn the conversation off.

Some Christians misuse Jesus's quote about having faith like a child to mean that they shouldn't ever question or doubt.

Wow, children ask tons more questions than adults! It's always how, or why, or but but but! Children are naturally very curious and skeptical, if anything having faith like a child means continually questioning even when the place you go to for answers is tired of you asking!

"I feel so sorry for you - you must be a very unhappy person."

Actually, I'm raising the happiest little pack of Pagans that ever lived, but I get it - I'm miserable and don't know it.

I've had "I am very sorry for you and I will be praying for your soul". And after I told a proselytiser that it was a no go and what the Marxist take on religion is, "Wow! But Jesus can even save someone like you". :D

If we get JWs etc now I just say "Not interested, thanks." My comrade earnestly tries to argue with them. He has a kind heart and also chats with charity collectors and anyone who shows up. I am maybe a bit of a bastard but I cannot be bothered.

Online I had this great thing once where (and I apologise to the Christians on the board, I was young and stupid) I was trolling a Christian mIRC room. The mod actually silenced everyone else and tried to lead me in the sinners' prayer. I was pissing myself laughing. Likelihood of me repeating this is what?

Wow, children ask tons more questions than adults! It's always how, or why, or but but but! Children are naturally very curious and skeptical, if anything having faith like a child means continually questioning even when the place you go to for answers is tired of you asking!

That is an excellent point. Also, Abraham argued with god about the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah. Apparently, the biblical god can handle a little disagreement and questioning.

Actually, I'm raising the happiest little pack of Pagans that ever lived, but I get it - I'm miserable and don't know it.

I hate that one! It's designed to infuriate and put the person hearing it on the defensive!

Ugh, hate that one. It's part of whole "How can you be X, if you don't believe in God?" theme. How can you value life? How can you have any morals? How can you live with yourself? Honestly, I'm not sure what to think of people who insist that, without Jesus, you'll be a raping, pillaging, murdering maniac. What kind of people are they that they need some external force to tell them it's wrong?

There are a few others. Jericho is the one that comes to mind, and who was the lady who told me that I should live in a car and starve my children because that's what *she* did when she was poor to avoid getting benefits?

The one that bathed and washed clothes in a stream while living in a car and her children were hungry but happy? Dang it I can't remember who it was. Devil's Advocate maybe?

Archived