IGNORED

Gotta Love "Christian" Values MERGED

SpeakNow

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highschoo ... 01399.html

As first reported by Dallas Fort Worth network WFAA, Rockwall (Texas) Heritage Christian Academy volleyball coach and science teacher Cathy Samford was fired during the fall semester after she became pregnant out of wedlock. Samford had led the volleyball program for three years and had been named the school's coach of the year once during that span.

The sad part is if she worked at a mainstream school she would still have a job and nobody would bat an eye. That's really "Christian" of them.

Yes, it's the christian thing to fire a pregnant woman and leave her destitute. Heaven forbid that children are surrounded by people who sin because Jesus would never do that. The hypocrisy of these school administrators burns so bad my eyes are tearing up.

Fundies pick and chose which sin to punish (always sexual for the women). And they enjoy teaching children to ostracize a pregnant woman as the "christian" thing to do.

The sad part is if she worked at a mainstream school she would still have a job and nobody would bat an eye. That's really "Christian" of them.

Actually, there are public schools around as well that put a morals clause in teacher contracts. When I was a law clerk, we had two teacher firings over out-of-wedlock pregnancy come up (one for the mom, one for the dad). If this teacher agreed to the terms of the contract, then I can see why she'd be bound. I feel bad for this lady because I know COBRA is expensive, but if she signed a contract with this clause, then I don't see how she'd get very far legally. Even so, it seems extremely shabby for the school to treat the teacher this way just when she probably needs some help and compassion the most.

There was a similar case years ago in which a Catholic school fired an unmarried teacher and I remember she sued. I don't know the outcome of that case. Several religious affliated schools make employees see covenant contracts or statements of faith.

Don't most of these schools require you sign a contract which has 'morally' issues stated in them? If she signed the contract then she'd bound to it. Although as hard as it can be to find a job these days I feel for people who have to seek a job from an organization like this. Still one can't sign a contract and then later say they didn't agree with it they just really needed a job can they?

Don't most of these schools require you sign a contract which has 'morally' issues stated in them? If she signed the contract then she'd bound to it. Although as hard as it can be to find a job these days I feel for people who have to seek a job from an organization like this. Still one can't sign a contract and then later say they didn't agree with it they just really needed a job can they?

Yup a lot of them require it. There are religious schools that make students sign contracts as well. There have been incidents over the years in which students or teachers at religious affiliated schools are fired or suspended/expelled for breaking contracts.

Disappointing that the school didn't take opportunity to minister to this woman and teach her how her ebil ways will hinder her and her child. They could've extended a helping hand to make sure the bastard baby would be raised a proper Christian, instead they cast her out - no doubt to keep her from contanimating the virtuous students with her sex-out-of-wedlock ways.

[/sarcasm]

Does make me wonder how many students (both male and female) have been expelled for out of wedlock pregnancies.

http://blog.chron.com/newswatch/2012/04 ... pregnancy/

Cathy Samford, 29, coached volleyball and worked as a science teacher at Heritage Christian Academy in Rockwall for three years, the station reported. When the unwed woman got pregnant, the school fired her. Samford is now considering legal action again the school for what she believes is a wrongful termination.

“We all have different views and interpretations,†Samford told WFAA. “It’s not necessarily the Christian thing to do to throw somebody aside because of those.â€

I hate it when people who claim to have "morality" have in fact none. see my folks work for the Catholic schools as administrators. And i KNOW for a fact that both of my parents would have "overlooked" the fact that she was a single mom. Morality clause be damned. They're pro-life and they'd consider it a crime to cut off a pregnant woman and put her in a position that could potentially lead to abortion.

(I'm pro choice but I'm happy they actually CARE about the woman)

Archived