IGNORED

Jesus must be a torturer

gustava

According to the church's website, its mission is "to raise the church body to be true disciples of Christ, meaning that if Christ would not think it, say it, or do it, neither will we." Yet, the pastor and two members of the Heart of Worship church in Corona, Calif., forced a boy to dig his own grave and tortured him.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/1 ... 15488.html

This stuff would be hard to make up. How can so-called Christians even imagine it?

Filed under: why Christians who "follow Christ" are not better than everybody else.

Also filed under: Old Testament-style punishment of sin in action.

According to the church's website, its mission is "to raise the church body to be true disciples of Christ, meaning that if Christ would not think it, say it, or do it, neither will we." Yet, the pastor and two members of the Heart of Worship church in Corona, Calif., forced a boy to dig his own grave and tortured him.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/1 ... 15488.html

This stuff would be hard to make up. How can so-called Christians even imagine it?

I'm not sure why this is surprising--Christianity has a violent past, in America from its Christian settlers who perpetrated genocide and other hideousness on men, women, and innocent children, to present day under other circumstances.

It's all in the name of God, dontchaknow.

I'm not sure why this is surprising--Christianity has a violent past, in America from its Christian settlers who perpetrated genocide and other hideousness on men, women, and innocent children, to present day under other circumstances.

It's all in the name of God, dontchaknow.

This is sick and absolutely unthinkable. My heart breaks for that poor child. I hope every last one of those bastards (including the mom) rot in prison.

What Beb says is true. Christianity has VERY violent roots.

This is sick and absolutely unthinkable. My heart breaks for that poor child. I hope every last one of those bastards (including the mom) rot in prison.

What Beb says is true. Christianity has VERY violent roots.

Some Christians deny their violent roots by claiming that anyone who acted cruel weren't 'real' Christians. The problem with this denial is that it prevents those Christians from looking at their own religion to understand how to avoid such acts of violence and cruelty in the future. So you have an entire group of people who continue to embrace certain aspects of their belief system that justifies violence because they refuse to look critically at those beliefs.

An example would be believing that non Christians can't be as moral, good or loving as a Christian. This type of thinking can lead to dehumanizing another culture which can lead to treating the members unfairly.

(please notice that I am not talking about all Christians)

Some Christians deny their violent roots by claiming that anyone who acted cruel weren't 'real' Christians.

Unfortunately for them, the violent acts are commanded by their god and recorded in the Bible.

Unfortunately for them, the violent acts are commanded by their god and recorded in the Bible.
If they hadn't said up front "if Christ would not think it, say it, or do it, neither will we" then they'd have more of a "defense" if you will. I don't remember any part of Gospels where Jesus endorsed or encouraged the abuse of anyone. According to their own statements, they shouldn't have done this and they had to have known that.

If they hadn't said up front "if Christ would not think it, say it, or do it, neither will we" then they'd have more of a "defense" if you will. I don't remember any part of Gospels where Jesus endorsed or encouraged the abuse of anyone. According to their own statements, they shouldn't have done this and they had to have known that.

A good portion of them believe in the trinity. God commanded heinous acts of violence against mankind (including children). In their eyes God the Father, God the Son, and the Holy Spirit are one (so one doing it is just as good as the other doing it). This makes it particularly hilarious when they go off on their "pro-life" save the babies rants. Ironically, their god isn't all that concerned about babies and children after all...if you go on the "holy" book from which they derive their ideas of god in the first place.

But they didn't say they followed the God of the OT though or even the Trinity. Though I'm sure you're right, they at least pretend to believe in the Trinity. They specified Christ. If they hadn't, they could have maintained their internal logic at least. They'd still be in jail. But they would have been logical about how they got there.

Archived