IGNORED

No stress and believing in Jesus = No disease!

xReems

This sort of thinking that is one of the worst aspect of fundamentalist thinking. God put doctors on earth to help us. Use them.

This. I believe that God put doctors here to help us, and that modern medicine is one of God's tools, so religious people aren't sinning if they go to a doctor. While stress does contribute to some diseases, there are things like viruses and genes being defective that cause most diseases. Fuck Bill Gothard and others like him who do more harm than good, especially when things like cancer can be cured when caught early enough. :obscene-birdiered:

Quote:

They see how they can resolve their stress and then either by life or death their greatest pain is elevated which is the pain of inner tensions and interpersonal conflicts.

Can someone translate this into English please?

Yes.

'It doesn't actually matter if they live or die so long as they've drunk our particular brand of kool-aid and we can make another entry in our personal ledger of (self) righteousness. Morphine? Just pray the pain away it's better for you. And cheaper for us.'

So if she has a child with a serious disease, whose fault is it?

Who sinned?

{{{Bicyclecat}}} my thoughts are with you. hang on in there :)

Bicyclecat, good for you. I'm so glad to hear you have such a good prognosis and a caring doctor to find it.

Faith in Christ is helping me through this ordeal, but it's just no substitute for legitimate medical care and I believe that God does much of his work through human hands. Like the ER doctor who cared enough to keep checking on my test results several days after treating me. He actually saved my life, unlike those who would rather be self inmportant douche canoes, rather than actually do something to help someone.

Exactly. Faith, in my book, works in tandem with the gifts God has given those in the medical community. Not instead of.

I'm glad your doctor caught this thing so early. Positive thoughts and prayers heading your way as you get through your treatment. :romance-heartsmiley:

Because after reading that website, it showed me more proof that Gothard truly believes that everything will be okay in the world if people find Jesus.

Gothard truly believes that everything will be okay in the world if people find giving him money a worthwhile thing to do. Preying on people made vulnerable by illness is one way to do that.

I'm sorry bicyclecat.

Archived