IGNORED

New (to me) Fundy Blog- Includes photos of Seven Sisters

holierthanyou

I have a hard time keeping all the fundy blogs straight these days. At some point they all start to sound the same.

Case in point: while wasting investing time on Pinterest, I come across a blog called "Yes they are all ours" (not to be confused with "Are they all yours", which is Zsuzsu's). I see skirts, ten children, homeschooling, etc. Then I come across the acronym IBLP (gothardism). Finally, after browsing for two minutes, I see photos of the seven sisters on the blog, as they apparently were houseguests for a while, during which time they got to discuss Gothard together. Fun times.

How has the internet just filled into one big interlocking web of fundies?

yestheyareallours.com/2010/10/never-dull-moment.html

ETA: my apologies if this is a blog "everyone" knows about and reads already. I didn't see the blog (or the woman's name) in the comprehensive list that is sticked at the top of the snark section.

They put flowers on the boys shirts so they'd match. Poor kids.

Where do you see that? I've been looking but not finding those pics.

I googled the blog and it showed pictures and the one with them all on the porch the boys have flowered material like the girls dresses around their shirts.

Removed link. I thought I had broke it.

I don't think they're that fundy- I've found pictures of the girls in Capris, one picture where its either a really short skirt or short shorts, and the girls wear regular one piece swim suits (not that modest swimwear crap).

Oye, she fasted the day before the 08 elections so that God would intervene and Obama wouldn't be elected.

I don't think the blog owner is *that* bad. Her kids are in college and working (even the girls!), she's on the heavy side and she's wearing a t-shirt. I'm surprised the Gothard people let her in the door.

Even if the girl is in pants they met through ATI - I don't think you can be ATI without being fundy.

I found a pic of one of the girls bellies showing while on the beach-a not so modest tankini.

Ill give her credit- she has a blogpost about how people should help the hungry by donating food, giving homeless food gift cards. etc... I've never seen another fundy blogger post a topic about that.

She also recognized that Christians in America aren't persecuted but then followed it up that only Christians in Muslim countries are persecuted....

I googled the blog and it showed pictures and the one with them all on the porch the boys have flowered material like the girls dresses around their shirts.

http://www.yestheyareallo urs.com/2010/10/never-dull-moment.html

would you mind breaking the link so they don't immediately track it here?

Not only did she do blanket training but she also did Sit time which basically sounds like the same thing but they couldn't move off the chair until she said so.

I don't think the blog owner is *that* bad. Her kids are in college and working (even the girls!), she's on the heavy side and she's wearing a t-shirt. I'm surprised the Gothard people let her in the door.

I feel a kindred spirit towards because we have the same figure but other than that we are nothing alike. Right now my baby just forced me to open start his orange. He is snubbing dinner ... again... and has never had sit time or blanket training so he feels it is just fine and dandy to make mom stop everything to start his orange. :roll:

She posted this, after lunch with a woman who confided in her:

Don't judge.

This lady has had a very difficult life. She has suffered much at the hands of others. I don't know what I would have done if I had been in the same set of circumstances. I can't assume I would have made better choices. My job is just to listen compassionately and make her feel loved and accepted and of value. God loves her every bit as much as He does me!

So far I just don't find her as annoying as many other ATI types.

I didn't blanket trained but if I'd had 10 kids who knows what I would have done. :roll:

Oh! I thought you meant the new blog's sons, not the 7 sisters boys. :doh:

They do add a little bit of trim to the bottom of the boys shirts. The trim matches the girls dresses. There is even one with sunflowers.

They also seem to have the fake Jew thing going. At least enough to celebrate Purim, which is a holiday that is of national, not religious spirit and NOT Christian and seems more like co-opting to me than with most holidays.

Archived