IGNORED

Miss Raquel's Mom's Blog ::squeals::

Pclee

rubyintherough7.blogspot.com

(found it linked in one of miss raquel's older posts)

Anyways, it's fairly boring... there are a few interesting photos of Raquel's siblings (which she rarely mentions on her blog, since she's always talking about "ME! ::shrieks::!"

This post has some "information" about Raquel's mom and family:

rubyintherough7.blogspot.com/2011/05/some-things-about-me.html

We love to shoot guns!

043.JPG

:? :( :? :( :? :(

I guess we can see where Miss Raquel gets her stupidity from. Guns are not toys and children need to learn to treat them like the dangerous object they are.

that's what bothered me too, formergothardite. those kids are way too young to be holding guns. and who "loves" to shoot guns? like you said, they are not toys.

and then i just got this post where she does her own share of squealing about Miss Raquel...

MY DAUGHTER, SHE'S ::WONDERFUL:: GLORY BE!!!!!!!!!!

rubyintherough7.blogspot.com/2011/04/my-lovely-daughters-birthday.html

I guess we can see where Miss Raquel gets her stupidity from. Guns are not toys and children need to learn to treat them like the dangerous object they are.

Really though, they are all holding them in a safe manner in the pic, safety gear (ear muffs and eye protection on oe person, so I'll assume they all wore it to shoot), so no issues there for me. The best way for a child to learn gun safety in a household where guns are present is for them to learn by practice and that means going shooting with parental supervision and learning how to handle them safely.

I'm probably biased though, because I am one of those people who loves to shoot and shooting and minor gunsmithing are hobbies of mine. I won my first shooting trophy at the age of 7.

I was raised around guns, Raine, but my dad was HUGE on gun safety, so we would have never posed with a gun espeically with it pointing up and back like the little girl with the pink gun is. We were always taught to hold the gun pointing down so that we would be less likely to shoot someone in the head or chest. And I don't think there are any pictures of us posing with guns, period. Guns were a part of our lives, but they were viewed as something that could be deadly and needed to be handled with the upmost care.

Utmost. just fyi.

I was an expert marksman in the army and a small arms armorer. I liked shooting guns. I don't see any reason not to like it, if it's done in a safe manner, and there's not all this posturing and macho shit involved. That said, I haven't held or shot one in over 20 years, and I never plan to. I don't see why others can't love it just because I don't.

LOL, I just read my post again, saw that, and was thinking that "upmost" was wrong. Having read "My Utmost for His Highest" a ton of times in my teens, I should have known better.

I don't have any problem with people shooting guns for fun or even children shooting, as long as it is done safely. But I really don't think guns should be posed with like they are toys. All it takes is one mistake and you have killed someone. If you always treat a gun like it is loaded, you are less likely to have a gun accident.

I just hope they treat the guns in a safer manner than Miss Raquel treats her horse. Remember her idea of a safe walk with her horse was chasing him through the woods screaming at him to come back and listen to her.

I was raised around guns, Raine, but my dad was HUGE on gun safety, so we would have never posed with a gun espeically with it pointing up and back like the little girl with the pink gun is. We were always taught to hold the gun pointing down so that we would be less likely to shoot someone in the head or chest. And I don't think there are any pictures of us posing with guns, period. Guns were a part of our lives, but they were viewed as something that could be deadly and needed to be handled with the upmost care.

If she's pointing it more to the back, that is a problem, but to me it looked like she was doing a cradle carry, which would be OK in front of people like in the pic. I was raised to carry files and shotguns with the barrel point up, like in the pic, and that's how we were taught to do in firearms training at work as well, so I didn't see a problem with it. Then again, your dad's way makes sense with children, where the barrel may still be below an adult's head or chest level. And I do think that girl in particular is a little young to be walking around with a rifle. Even when I was first competing, the rule was to have it at the shooting bench or on the line or put it down to pass of to an adult, not to walk around with it because I was still small and could trip.

There are a few pics of my and my sister at the range with my dad, shooting competitions, etc, as well as tons of hunting pictures where guns are present even if they aren't the main focus of the picture. I guess I don't have a problem with gun pics overall, as long as it's not the type where the person is pointing it at the camera with their finger on the trigger or trying to look all threatening. Maybe I've been around them enough I take it for granted - I realize what they can do but am cool with people promoting shooting and gun ownership or including shooting as part of an outing with family or friends and sharing photos of it.

Miss Raquel wears pants? For some reason I was under the impression she was from a 'skirts only' family. Interesting.

Miss Raquel wears tight jeans and shirts. Her "modesty" only involves talking about how modest she is.

That gun photo is messed up. I think it's messed up that anyone can just own a gun in the US, but you shouldn't be getting children to pose with them anyway.

Photos like that make me think of this:

Miss Raquel is not modest. She posted her birthday wish list, and one of the items was "a new camera bag"...

in her latest blog post about going horse-riding with a friend, she says:

Oh and kuddos to my friend, Jon, for my new camera bag!! I wouldn't have been able to take Alfonzo with me if he didn't have a safe little cave to hide in ;)

is Jon the guy she's been defrauding in some posts lately? (i don't know what i mean by defrauding. just generally she's trying to impress him or something).

Miss Raquel's mother thinks this about her??? (it sounds even worse than when I read it an hour ago)

Today is my lovely daughter's sweet 16th birthday! She has been and IS a tremendous blessing, example, and inspiration to me. I cherish her friendship. It was through her influence, encouragement, persuasion, and help that I got this blog of mine started! I'm SO thankful to the Lord for having blessed me to be called her mother.

I so look forward to seeing where God will guide her in her walk with Him. Having the privilege of being her mother has allowed me the blessing of seeing Him hold her in His tender care through dark valleys and of watching Him give her wings of flight above & beyond the mountains in her life. I praise Him for the uniqueness & beauty of her character & person. Especially seeing how He continues to mold her into godliness; how she strives to please Him, never giving up, despite her weaknesses.

She is wonderfully creative, artistic, musically talented & EXTREMELY gifted in writing. She has such a sharp & vivid memory of names, dates, & facts that I often refer to her as my "walking day-timer"! She's a go-getter. If she faces a challenge, she shows no fear in it. Only persistence in conquering & overcoming that challenge. I have NO doubt in my mind whatsoever that she will go far in life with whatever pursuits she will endeavor to accomplish. Ultimately, (and I'm SO glad!) she dreams of being a wife & mother. WOE TO THE WORLD WHEN SHE WILL BE ROCKING THE CRADLE!!! I thank God for her diligence and strength, but most importantly, for how she shines in this world for her Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ.

What does the last part mean? Why should the world be afraid once she has children? I'm more worried for the children she has. Reality is going to hit her hard.

That gun photo is messed up. I think it's messed up that anyone can just own a gun in the US, but you shouldn't be getting children to pose with them anyway.
Why not? Admittedly, we are a hunting/fishing family. So I have a photo of my kids with their shotguns and their first "kill", a dove. I think it's cute. But now I'm thinking this would not be cute to others. Regional thing?

Also, like others have said, if there are going to be guns in the house, the kids need involved and continuous gun safety training. And the guns and ammo should be stored in safes. (Ours are, just FYI.)

Unless you need a gun for hunting I don't think you should own one. I'm in the UK and hardly anyone owns a gun here.

Just anyone can't own a gun in the US. You have to register to obtain one legally and they will do a background check. My state has a list and includes being required to take a training course to carry a concealed weapon.

To be licensed to carry concealed pistols & revolvers in West Virginia, an applicant must meet the following qualifications:

Be a resident of this state and of the county in which the application is filed

Be at least 21 years of age or be at least 18 years of age and be employed in a job requiring the applicant to carry concealed handguns

Not be addicted to or an unlawful user of alcohol, controlled substances, or other drugs

Not have been convicted of a felony

Not have been convicted of a misdemeanor crime of violence involving the use of a deadly weapon

Not have been convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence

Not be currently subject to either a temporary or final domestic violence protective order

Not be on probation or any other form of judicial supervision for any misdemeanor

Not under indictment for any felony

Not have been adjudicated mentally incompetent by any court

Be physically and mentally competent to carry a concealed handgun; this provision is vague but has not led to known abuses

Have successfully completed one of several specified forms of training in handling and firing a handgun.

The same laws also apply for regular gun purchase as well.

(1) Has been convicted in any court of a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year;

(2) Is addicted to alcohol;

(3) Is an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance;

(4) Has been adjudicated as a mental defective or who has been involuntarily committed to a mental

institution;

(5) Being an alien is illegally or unlawfully in the United States;

(6) Has been discharged from the armed forces under dishonorable conditions;

(7) Is subject to a domestic violence protective order that:

(A) Was issued after a hearing of which such person received actual notice and at which such person had

an opportunity to participate;

(B) Restrains such person from harassing, stalking or threatening an intimate partner of such person or

child of such intimate partner or person, or engaging in other conduct that would place an intimate partner

in reasonable fear of bodily injury to the partner or child; an includes a finding that such person represents a credible threat to the physical safety of such intimate partner or child; or by its terms explicitly prohibits the use, attempted use or threatened use of physical force against such intimate partner or child that would reasonably be expected to cause bodily injury;

(8) Has been convicted of a misdemeanor offense of assault or battery.

Laws vary from state to state, but no, it's not true that just anyone can get a gun. There are a large number of guns however, so criminals still get them illegally. Hunting is a popular thing where I live. I don't like it personally, but I'm the person who feels bad about killing a spider. :? The attitudes about guns in the US is very different from the UK. The biggest issue has to be with safety and people not teaching children that guns are dangerous and parents being stupid and not keeping their guns locked away when not in use.

What does the last part mean? Why should the world be afraid once she has children? I'm more worried for the children she has. Reality is going to hit her hard.

Maybe her mother thinks she is going to be a marvelous leader as a mother, or something? "The Hand That Rocks The Cradle Is The Hand That Rules The World". Of course she is going to be the best mother ever and raise mighty warriors, as good as she is herself :D

But I fear that her children will be as clueless as she is.

Sev is a gun enthusasist. He keeps guns and ammo locked up in safes, and Sevy is starting to ask for her own cricket gun. I am glad that Sev and I are taking measures to make sure our daughter is more than aware of gun safety, and has observed her father in a few of his tournaments. Sevy wants to follow in his footsteps and become an competitive shooter, and I am happy that the two of them have a shared interest.

So, all in all, posing in pics with guns..... no. Just, no. Otherwise, as long as safety and the laws of the land are observed properly... anyone can shoot. It's those who do not follow the laws of safety and the land that I worry about....

edit: riffle... my grammar sucks.

...no, it's not true that just anyone can get a gun.

Except for the gun show loophole, which does allow pretty much anyone to buy a gun at a gun show with no background check or records kept. Just sayin'.

She is wonderfully creative, artistic, musically talented & EXTREMELY gifted in writing.

ARRRGH. I think what makes me the angriest about Raquel is that there is no one around to help her improve herself. Her writing is going to be allowed to top out at her mediocre 16 year old ability because she's surpassed her SOTDRT. (And really, her writing does not seem to have improved from when she was 14.) I think she could be a good writer, but she can't teach herself to write without a better writer around to help. And for the love of everything that is sacred, she's never going to have anything to write about if she never experiences life beyond getting SAHWed young and SOTDRTing her own procreats.

Except for the gun show loophole, which does allow pretty much anyone to buy a gun at a gun show with no background check or records kept. Just sayin'.

There is nothing to stop a private party gun sale.

Miss Raquel is not modest. She posted her birthday wish list, and one of the items was "a new camera bag"...

in her latest blog post about going horse-riding with a friend, she says:

is Jon the guy she's been defrauding in some posts lately? (i don't know what i mean by defrauding. just generally she's trying to impress him or something).

Can we pretty please adopt "kuddos" as a way of commending each other for a job well done? :eusa-pray:

Can we pretty please adopt "kuddos" as a way of commending each other for a job well done? :eusa-pray:

Kuddos? Is that something kows chkew?

Archived