IGNORED

Tea Party Leader Arrested On Kidnapping, Rape Charges

muffynbear

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/03/18 ... e-charges/

The Tea Party leader allegedly, “dragged her out of the car and sexually assaulted her pretty brutally,†said San Diego Police Lt. Andra Brown. Kobulnicky supposedly offered to give the woman, walking along Linda Vista Road, a ride to her home, however he instead allegedly drove her to Fiesta Island and then raped the 56-year-old, according to San Diego police.

On Kobulnicky’s website , the father of five and man of supposed “Christian values†lists that he has held a number of teaching positions, and is “currently the Co-Organizer and Public Relations Representative for the San Diego Tea Party.†Kobulnicky has scheduled a “Patriot Voices Summit†for July 2012 (a specific day TBA).

Yet, I'm sure it was the ebil woman's fault for tempting him! :angry-screaming: :angry-cussingblack: :angry-fire:

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/03/18/san-diego-tea-party-leader-arrested-on-kidnapping-rape-charges/

Yet, I'm sure it was the ebil woman's fault for tempting him! :angry-screaming: :angry-cussingblack: :angry-fire:

Of course it was the ebil womans fault! Damn temptress shouldn't have been walking home that night! :roll: I'm sure he'll trot out some reason why he does believe it is her fault, but hopefully the law will prevail and give him the punishment he deserves.

What a horrific experience for the woman. I hope she's surrounded by people who love and support her.

How tragic. I wonder if the victim knew and trusted him? If she was a member fof the tea partiers, she might have felt that he was someone who was a friend.

I found a weird conversation happening under the comments. Why is the poster, Don so intent on claiming that rape isn't about power, I wonder? That seems strange. Don's facebook page as a lot of right wing posts on it

James Holloway · Top Commenter

First, prayers for the victim of this crime.

This exemplifies one of my biggest complaints about the so-called "Tea Party." They are not interested in change, they are acting from rage - misplaced and unfounded rage, that they have no control, and they want to control everyone else. Rape is a crime of power, not sex, as we learn from psychology. Sooner or later, people with so much hate and rage will act out on that hate and rage.

I doubt that Faux News will cover the story, and I'm sure Mr. Limbaugh will not go on a diatribe against him that lasts for days. Sin/crime is only sin/crime when a Democrat is concerned (case in point the Republican congressperson caught up in the prostitution scandal).

Reply · 4 · Like

· Follow Post · 5 hours ago

Mark as SpamReport as Abuse

Don Williams · SubscribeSubscribed · Top Commenter

"Rape is a crime of power, not sex, as we learn from psychology."

So, is it your contention that rapists should not have to register as sex offenders when they get out of jail?

Reply · Like

· 5 hours ago.Mark as SpamReport as Abuse

James Holloway · Top Commenter

Don Williams - absolutely I believe that they must register. But the crime is not motivated by sex, but by the power. Sex is the means to that power over another person.

Reply · 2 · Unlike

· 5 hours ago.Mark as SpamReport as Abuse

Don Williams · SubscribeSubscribed · Top Commenter

James Holloway, if it's not a sex crime, as you claim, how can you force someone to register as a sex offender? It's not the crime, as you claim. It's simply the means.

Reply · Like

·

edited to fix my own stupidity. :oops:

I think many psych/soc/women's studies classes teach that rape is about power, not sex. My understanding is that they don't mean it at all in a way to trivialize the sexual assault of the survivor, but rather to point out that if the man just wanted sex, there are other avenues available to him ( e.g. Pick up at a bar, ask your partner, or even securing the services of a sex trade worker) that don,t require rape. Ergo, the theory is that men rape to assert their power over women, not bc it's the only way they can get sex when they want it.

I think many psych/soc/women's studies classes teach that rape is about power, not sex. My understanding is that they don't mean it at all in a way to trivialize the sexual assault of the survivor, but rather to point out that if the man just wanted sex, there are other avenues available to him ( e.g. Pick up at a bar, ask your partner, or even securing the services of a sex trade worker) that don,t require rape. Ergo, the theory is that men rape to assert their power over women, not bc it's the only way they can get sex when they want it.

:handgestures-thumbupleft:

Wow. I wonder if the conservatives are purposefully trying to label themselves as women-haters. Right when they are trying to recover from Limbaugh's comments, a TEA PARTY LEADER kidnapps and rapes a woman?!

And I slighty laugh to myself that the Duggars JUST put on the webisode, "Rick Santorum was a Tea Partier before there was a Tea Party." Hmmm... hidden meaning? :whistle:

Anyways, if I were Santorum, I would NOT want to be associated with this party right now.

Edit: Riffle

Whoops. I made a mistake in my initial statement and will change it. I meant to say 'Why is don so intent on claiming that Rape isn't about power?" but I used the word, sex instead. :doh:

Archived