IGNORED

Doctors can lie to pregnant women in Kansas

Knight of Ni

Saw this posted on a friend's facebook page. I think I should no longer be surprised that some conservatives are trying to take away the rights of women everywhere. When will this end and how far will they go?

http://www.aclu.org/blog/reproductive-f ... t-hurt-you

They will go as far as the voters in their states allow them to go.

Coming from a blue state where bullshit like this rarely happens, I find it hard to have a lot of sympathy for women in places like Kansas who vote men like this into power and then sit back and do nothing as reproductive rights are stripped away.

People get the government they deserve.

They will go as far as the voters in their states allow them to go.

Coming from a blue state where bullshit like this rarely happens, I find it hard to have a lot of sympathy for women in places like Kansas who vote men like this into power and then sit back and do nothing as reproductive rights are stripped away.

People get the government they deserve.

The problem is, on the state level it's not like people really pay that much attention, and in the last round of elections in the red states a lot of teabaggers were voted in promising to fix unemployment and create jobs and blah blah blah- shit that not a single one has made any moves on whatsoever. I know in North Carolina it's been all about abortion and gay marriage and cutting funding to public education, K-12 and college. :evil:

That and "traditional family values" prevail down here, so warm fuzzy feelings often trump reality.

If politicians don't get their shit together soon, I might start asking Sunnidude if we can move to his home country. At least in in his (European) country, they treat women a little better.

Can all this stuff be challenged on constitutional law?

I'm sure much of it will be. But that can take time. Lots of time.

Archived