Whit88

remember how spunky jinger was until she was about 16? Now she's a robot too. There must be something that goes on between the ages of 15 and 16 for the Duggar girls. It seems like they have their own personality and lots of spunk (Johanna) then it gradually disappears.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My 16 yo unloads the dishwasher once a day and keeps his room above health code.

Joy would probably be so thankful for a normal, frivolous teen girl life. Hanging out at the mall, texting friends, wearing normal clothes. I could see her being a soccer player, a straight-A student, and generally having a bright future ahead of her. So sad. I just don't understand how anyone looks at all of the wasted potential and still thinks the Duggars are a lovely family.

Anyone else remember those 1970s TV ads for the United Negro College Fund? "A mind is a terrible thing to waste." :(

It seems that Joy is sent to slave for Smugglar's family once in a while. I hope that while she is there, Smugs will let her watch his TV. She does seem to like Anna.

It seems that Joy is sent to slave for Smugglar's family once in a while. I hope that while she is there, Smugs will let her watch his TV. She does seem to like Anna.

That is good for her to get out, even if it is for more of the same, at least it's on a lesser scale.

I personally hope she gets stuck with laundry duty. It would put her off to the side and way from the main fray of the house to hang out in the laundry room all day, so maybe she would be subject to less of the lifestyle and indoctrination. Also, that might be the closest thing anyone in that house gets for alone time.

Remember how "free spirited" Jinger was during "17 Kids and Counting?" She had a bunch of facial expressions and we all thought she'd be the first one to ditch this lifestyle. Fast forward to now and she looks like she's drunk the kool aid a bit more and sounds just as robotic as the other older ones. If anything, JB and Michelle will probably send Joy-Anna off to one of those "reeducation camps", aka Journey to the Heart, until she ends up sounding like her older sisters. I really hope that doesn't happen but it wouldn't surprise me too.

I'm sure that whether or not the Duggars come to this site, I'm sure they are well aware of the fact that people want to "free Jinger" (and "save Jessa"). I'm sure these girls are told to stay in line lest TV viewers start believing they're not wonderfully, amazingly, giddily happy with their lifestyle.

I'd like to liberate Jana, rescue John-David, emancipate Jill, save Jessa, free Jinger, extricate Joesph, break out Josiah, spring Joy-Anna, unshackle Jedidiah, salvage Jeremiah, deliver Jason, recover James, reclaim Justin, release Jackson, bail out Johanna, unshackle Jennifer, discharge Jordyn, and unchain Josie.

And the Bates too, but that's another day.

I thought when I saw her in a more recent video how she was becoming just like her sisters. Considering how few friends she has outside her family and their friends I wasn't surprised. The way she was dressed - she looked older than 13-14 - I was thinking it was funny - they want her to be ultra 'modest' and in turn she looks several years older instead of her age.

I'd like to liberate Jana, rescue John-David, emancipate Jill, save Jessa, free Jinger, extricate Joesph, break out Josiah, spring Joy-Anna, unshackle Jedidiah, salvage Jeremiah, deliver Jason, recover James, reclaim Justin, release Jackson, bail out Johanna, unshackle Jennifer, discharge Jordyn, and unchain Josie.

And the Bates too, but that's another day.

I love this! It should be the Free Jinger mission statement lol

That is good for her to get out, even if it is for more of the same, at least it's on a lesser scale.

I personally hope she gets stuck with laundry duty. It would put her off to the side and way from the main fray of the house to hang out in the laundry room all day, so maybe she would be subject to less of the lifestyle and indoctrination. Also, that might be the closest thing anyone in that house gets for alone time.

I doubt that any of the Duggar children of high school age get college recruitment mail. My son is a junior and he gets something from some college just about everyday trying to get him to come to that college. Some I've never heard of, others are more well-known:Vandy, Brown, Rice, Columbia etc.

Have any of the Duggars attempted the ACT or SAT?

Why would they take tests that they don't need? I think it's understood in that house that nobody is going to a real college. Just doing that College Plus BS.

I love this! It should be the Free Jinger mission statement lol

I don't know who decides these things, but feel free to do with it what you want.

This is random but I love her hair...the color and the length is nice....SOOO glad she did not get the Duggar perm. It seems like the older girls are ditching it lately too...it looked so unnatural.

Talkin about Joy Anna of course.

Joy will not even think about college. My bet is a very early courtship to "solve" the Joy-problem. Poor girl........

OMG, I hope not, but I could see Jim-Bob deciding that she needed to be married by 17 (so that she is knocked up by 18) so she doesn't feel that she can leave Gothardism when she hits legal age.

My hope is that Josiah and Joy will leave together when she turns 18 (he will be almost 20 then, I think), they can live together for financial and emotional support while they figure out the big, bad, green haired world!

OMG, I hope not, but I could see Jim-Bob deciding that she needed to be married by 17 (so that she is knocked up by 18) so she doesn't feel that she can leave Gothardism when she hits legal age.

My hope is that Josiah and Joy will leave together when she turns 18 (he will be almost 20 then, I think), they can live together for financial and emotional support while they figure out the big, bad, green haired world!

That is one reason I hope the show continues. As long as it's on the air, Jim Bob can't get away with marrying off a 17 year old.

On the most recent episode of "19 Kids" we saw Joy having a kiddie birthday party that she has to share with her 6-year-old sister, with only siblings and relatives in attendance. Her parents spoke approvingly of how Joy is outgrowing her tomboy ways and becoming a young lady. Later on, as I watched the Bates family special, I saw Alyssa celebrating her 17th birthday with her family, but also with some friends her own age. Then she got to go hunting. Somewhere, they also mentioned that Alyssa occasionally works in the family tree cutting business with the menfolk. So evidently, Gil and Kelly aren't as tomboy-phobic as Jim Bob and Michelle.

In one of the first shows I saw Joy Anna was little and had a baby on her hip and a bubble popped up saying she's changed more diapers than most fathers or her father or something.

She'll either have to marry quickly or leave once her sisters begin to marry off or she'll be stuck with all the work. Maybe that's why Amy is her friend - knowing what she'll get stuck with I'm sure cousins talk but once the other girls got re-programed Amy was left out.

In one of the first shows I saw Joy Anna was little and had a baby on her hip and a bubble popped up saying she's changed more diapers than most fathers or her father or something.

At least she has something on the Howlers when one starts arguing with her about something. "Guess what? I changed your DIAPERS, jerk!"

Not that I ever used that one against my brothers or anything. ;)

That is one reason I hope the show continues. As long as it's on the air, Jim Bob can't get away with marrying off a 17 year old.

I hope that the show continues for the protection of the kids (with the cameras following so much it's hard beating them, etc), but I could see them trying to spin a teen marriage as something that Joy really wants and is "so in love" etc.

I felt so bad for her in the last episode. They talked about Johanna being a tomboy like Joy Anna as a child. Michelle gave a nauseating talk on how Joy Anna is "Coming into her own as a young woman". I'm sure I wasn't the only one disgusted at this. At least she seemed to enjoy going to the arcade and racing go carts. Beats forcing the girl to get a manicure or other womanly pursuits.

I felt so bad for her in the last episode. They talked about Johanna being a tomboy like Joy Anna as a child. Michelle gave a nauseating talk on how Joy Anna is "Coming into her own as a young woman". I'm sure I wasn't the only one disgusted at this. At least she seemed to enjoy going to the arcade and racing go carts. Beats forcing the girl to get a manicure or other womanly pursuits.

If I recall correctly, I think they compared Johanna to Jana as a child. Which is really scary as Jana seems to have had the life snatched out of her for a long time now.

Jim Bob and Michelle seem to have some real issues with Joy. Methinks her progression into lady land hasn't been as fast as they'd like.

There I go, getting my J's confused!

Yes, it was Johanna and Jana. SHe seems so lifeless, didn't she attend an ATI girls camp last year quite suddenly? I remember a recording that got out of a group of girls (including a few Duggars) just goofing around doing teen girl stuff.

There I go, getting my J's confused!

Yes, it was Johanna and Jana. SHe seems so lifeless, didn't she attend an ATI girls camp last year quite suddenly? I remember a recording that got out of a group of girls (including a few Duggars) just goofing around doing teen girl stuff.

I can't even imagine what meek little Jana could have done to be sent off for brain washing! Did she kiss a boy? Not want to wash the dishes? Ask for real shoes?

Edit for a riffle "of" and "off" are not the same thing!

I rarely watch the show anymore, except maybe 3-minute blocks here and there. But from the pictures I've seen and the little snippets I get, it seems like Joy is often dressed in the girliest clothes, which just don't look right on her. Most of the girls wear jean skirts or khaki skirts, but I remember seeing her in a pink floral skirt (with a white polo). In a recent picture she was wearing a peach or coral flowy dress with an animal print shirt over it that just didn't match. I have often wondered if the parents are forcing her into these extra-girly clothes to try to make her fit better into the role they want for her. Since she's in between a bunch of boys, she can't really borrow clothes from her sisters so whatever her parents buy in her size is what she's stuck wearing. Some of the pieces I've seen her in seem too girly even for the princess Jessa, so they just look totally weird on Joy Anna, especially when she seems to try to town things down with other pieces that don't really match the style.

Archived