IGNORED

Moar Kidist

JesusFightClub

I can't make links but it is called "Chinese "Canadian" Lawyer Who Defended Ernst Zundel".

What the fuck. Apparently some people don't deserve a defence lawyer. In my world EVERYONE gets a defence. Fash (fascist) or not. And the lawyer who takes on difficult cases should get applause, not insults.

I am an antifascist. I oppose them, er, a lot, and I expect nasty things to happen to me and to them as a consequence. But if a Zundel makes it to court I expect him to be assigned a competent defence agent too. If there is any legitimacy at all to the court it must rest on everyone having the right to defence.

I don't know anything about this particular case .. but I completely agree on principle that everyone is entitled to a good defense. That is one of the (many) things that bother me about the 'war on terror' , or with immigration law, in the U.S. you have people thrown into detention camps with no rights and no attorneys.

If Zundel's defense lawyers had both been white, Kidist never would have mentioned the case on her blog. She might not have even bothered to think about the case at all. But since one lawyer was Chinese-Canadian, and the other was her white husband? Kidist is all over it.

This was another post that made no sense.

The only Zundel lawyer that I have ever criticized was Doug Christie, who seemed to cross the line from defending the client to defending his beliefs.

Everyone in Canada is entitled to a lawyer who will do his or her very best to defend, even if said lawyer really hates the defendant. Kidist must hate that... Well, sorry lady, everyone in Canada is equal under the law, even you.

How exactly does she think an adversarial legal system would work if there were no defense lawyers for people who according to her should not be entitled to a defense lawyer?

Archived