IGNORED

Doug's "Titanic Society: thwarted my vacation plans

Elle

I am going to be in Branson that week, and we were going to visit the museum. The primary reason to go to Missouri is visiting family, but I've got a few Titanic-nuts among them, myself included. I tried buying tickets online since the 15th is the day that will work. It's a weekend (and my school-aged cousins have school during the week), and I'm heading home the 16th. No tickets. I called, and wouldn't you know it, "a convention of some sort" bought out all of the tickets for the 15th. Tickets are still available from Doug as part of the trip he has planned.

I am not a happy Elle.

When I become an author, I am gonna publish one of my stories with characters based on Vision Forum, and of their Titanic "Society". How they overdramatize and emasculated history.

And I can tell you that Dougie fits the description of the Effeminate Misogynistic Guy stereotype.

I've been there before, and sneaking is ain't happening!! After going through bunch of ropes, there are two sets of glass double-doors with "maids" watching over them, and then there is a solid set of double doors you go through to actually get into the exhibit, and there are employees all the fuck over making sure people aren't taking pictures. There's no getting in without a ticket. I think it's easier to get through airport security with a toddler than to get into that museum!

Oh Elle you should totally go! Unless ole Dougie has upped the price from $8 admission to $475 per dad and daughter couple, complete with lovely tea on the lawn, time in the butterfly garden, and a realistic pep talk on the "deck" of the ship he's set up, which will enlivven, enterain, and inspire generations to come about how manly men always let women and children do the cooking and dishes go first. Methinks the later.

Riffles intended.

Archived