IGNORED

Young VS model quits b/c body belongs to her husband

Cassia

It is actually possible that it's HER choice. I know that I have gotten more picky over the last two years or so about showing my very ample cleavage, and have gotten rid of many a shirt that my husband though were "totally fine", but I felt uncomfortable in. We don't anything about her husband, reading into it a bit much perhaps? They don't really seem fundie. She definitely has boob crack going on in that dress.

Agree with those who said showing off her fake boobs in that very low cut halter dress is hardly modest and "thinking of the lord" or whatever she said about how she keeps herself covered now. Give me a break. :doh:

Damn, she could have waited a bit, the time to gather a bit of $$...Her loss.

re: VS, the one VS model I find really gorgeous is Miranda Kerr. She's also married to Orlando Bloom, lucky her! Oh and their baby boy is soooo cute!

That reminds me of the whole Heidi Klum-Karl Lagerfeld snaffu a few yrs back: Lagerfeld told a German magazine that in the high-end modeling world Klum's reputation is not "all that" because she barely did any high-end fashio runways shows in Paris or Milan. He said that Claudia Schiffer never even met her. He also called her "heavy", to which I reply that if in his mind H.Klum is "heavy" most women are "heavy" too. But then haute couture designers have this weird idea about the ideal female shape...

Karl Lagerfeld in particular seems to project his issues about his own body (he used to be heavy himself iirc) onto others. Didn't he just snark on Adele's weight? And when he had a collection at H&M, I think I remember him complaining that they made it in a 12 or some nonsense. None of this is to say that the industry as a whole is without fault, though.

What I want to know is is she planning to donate all her ill-gotten gains to charity? Or is she perfectly content to keep the tons of money she was making doing something she now thinks was wrong to do?

Modeling gigs like that still get several hundred thousand a year. My brother's ex-girlfriend worked for VS in one of the positions where she'd know. Unless they'd reduced the salaries since 2000, then an entry-level VS model can expect to clear half a million a year for just catalogs (royalties for the catalogs, royalties for being on posted, etc., adds up fast), more for doing runway work and traveling.

Archived