IGNORED

OK, I'm officially scared... Santorum

3 is enough

I'm at the beach. 4 miles from the blue pacific in a hidey ho kind of town. The great South Bay. But I'm east of Sepulveda where nothing goes well. Even when I lived in Hermosa I was east of Sepulveda by 1 block.

Smuggar sees these victories as something huge for Santorum. Thinks Romney will fall over and play dead and let Ricky boy take the prize. Nope don't think so.

Woo, South Bay!

Also, a lot of people are speculating that, because the Republican nominee is so up in the air, Obama has this in the bag. I'm really worried that if people think that, they won't get out and vote. Obama needs to campaign hard, and people need to mobilize like they did in 2008.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Also, a lot of people are speculating that, because the Republican nominee is so up in the air, Obama has this in the bag. I'm really worried that if people think that, they won't get out and vote. Obama needs to campaign hard, and people need to mobilize like they did in 2008.

Unions here in the PNW are already gearing up to get out the vote and canvass and are currently working on voters registration. Lots of folks have living wage jobs on the line and their kids educations at stake. When you live belly to belly with the right wing there is value in early motivation and organizing.

Yes to this!

Also, let's not forget another scary thing about Santorum: He's not opposed to declaring war on Iran. Just what we need!

Yes to this!

Also, let's not forget another scary thing about Santorum: He's not opposed to declaring war on Iran. Just what we need!

^This. Don't underestimate the amount of people who hate seeing a black man as the US president and will vote for *anyone* other than Obama. Even if it means a whack job like Santorum. My ILs are such people, and they loathe Obama with such fierceness- they would so vote for Santorum, even though he wants to make BC illegal, make abortion illegal, ect. They want a white man in the office of the US presidency that badly.

And don't underestimate the laziness of the general public not to vote, to think, Oh, Obama's got it, I don't need to vote. I'm actually quite concerned about this election. I think the Republican nominee, whoever it may be, has a real chance of winning. [Which would not bother me if they weren't so anti-woman and anti-social justice and pro-1%.]

Yes to this!

Isn't every Rep. candidate except Paul not opposed to declaring war on Iran?

Those are my concerns, as well, LauraElle. I was at a meeting on Saturday to organize the campaign of candidate for state representative to run against the dragon lady who is currently filling the office, and some old lady was sitting there going on and on about how she's disappointed in Obama, and who isn't to one extent or another, but look at the alternative. I have serious issues with things like Gitmo, being able to lock people up and ignoring their rights, the less-than-expected health care plan (although I do see it as a legitimate first step), the fact that he's to the right of Nixon on some issues and in bed with big business like all of them, and a host of other things, but her issues were really rather petty things based on a hardline ideology and some were things that the president has absolutely no power over. I listened to her for awhile and then said, "Well, I understand all of that, but unless you and others like you [self-described liberals] put that aside for the moment and get a whole lot more excited, we are going to have President Romney or President Santorum or President Gingrich. How disappointed will you be then?"

Archived