IGNORED

Consequences for women

rmac3

Wow! She writes very well, and she has important information to share. I haven't read all of it yet, but I'd love to know what brought her into QF in the first place. Thanks for this link.

I thought quiverfull was more a declaration that God will control the womb and that the couple wouldn't do anything to stop it. Now, while I could see that going hand in hand with fundamentalism - I'm not for sure that one has to be a fundamentalist to be quiverfull. Does that make sense? I can see someone who isn't as extreme as the people we snark on here being quiverfull (actually, I know of a couple of families that are like this - they didn't use birth control, but they weren't crazy fundie - they were kind of liberal for Christians).

Now, I could be mistaken and quiverfull has been changed to mean something more extreme than what I thought it was.

I'm sad that she's at the point of equating fundamentalism with christianity. And this is where I get mad at fundamentalism!

Would any other Christian FJians, or even non-Christians who understand when we talk about the Law and the Gospel, like to help me come up with an acronym that is the opposite of the FOG of co-dependence?

The bloger we're talking about it defines the FOG of co-dependence thusly:

"We lived paralysed in the thick of the FOG of Fear, Obligation and Guilt unable even to understand why our lives were such a mess, much less act to change them."

It's all fear of the Law and futile attempts to fulfill the Law.

I know that the opposite of Fear is Confidence and Calm.

When we give the Gospel its due weight, our Obligation is merely to act in a thankful way toward God, thus it is Acknowledgement and Action.

I'm halfway on the way to a "CALM" acronym, eh? ;)

The opposite of guilt is Freedom. And because we believe Jesus of Nazareth did it all for us, God-Man that He is, we confess our guilt at the sins we do daily, but confessing and renouncing and accepting His redeeming work, we are Free, have Freedom.

CAF? What kind of acronym is CAF to describe the wonderful independence in Christ that comes from mere, real Christianity, and not the sets of rules that the charlatans and fleece-clothed wolves try to impose?

I needz HELP. ;)

Guest Anonymous
I'm sad that she's at the point of equating fundamentalism with christianity. And this is where I get mad at fundamentalism!

Would any other Christian FJians, or even non-Christians who understand when we talk about the Law and the Gospel, like to help me come up with an acronym that is the opposite of the FOG of co-dependence?

The bloger we're talking about it defines the FOG of co-dependence thusly:

"We lived paralysed in the thick of the FOG of Fear, Obligation and Guilt unable even to understand why our lives were such a mess, much less act to change them."

It's all fear of the Law and futile attempts to fulfill the Law.

I know that the opposite of Fear is Confidence and Calm.

When we give the Gospel its due weight, our Obligation is merely to act in a thankful way toward God, thus it is Acknowledgement and Action.

I'm halfway on the way to a "CALM" acronym, eh? ;)

The opposite of guilt is Freedom. And because we believe Jesus of Nazareth did it all for us, God-Man that He is, we confess our guilt at the sins we do daily, but confessing and renouncing and accepting His redeeming work, we are Free, have Freedom.

CAF? What kind of acronym is CAF to describe the wonderful independence in Christ that comes from mere, real Christianity, and not the sets of rules that the charlatans and fleece-clothed wolves try to impose?

I needz HELP. ;)

How about COF-Cadre of Futility. Of course, whose who practice it could then be called COFfees. (Yeah, I know, I probably should be ashamed of myself)

Compassion, Alms, Love and Mercy

Love it!

masgaroll, yes!

:lol: snarkyjan, yeah, you definitely should! ;)

I agree with Snarky Jan,.

I'd also have to say to this woman - who IS a great writer - that kids from Christian families are over-represented in Psychiatric facilities because 1.There are a ton of people in America that identify themselves as Christian even if they never set foot in a church, a majority and 2 Kids from non majority religions may not get the opportunity to GO to a psychiatric facility should they be having a breakdown - I'm thinking of muslim kids who's parent's are still old world, Hassidic Jews, Amish ( though they are Christian) Asian Buddhist .... the parents would not know such things exist, not be able to afford them, or be opposed to using them. I don't think its Christianity doing it, per say.

Compassion, Alms, Love and Mercy

Or even, Calm Assurance of Love and Mercy.

Compassionte Assureance of Love and Mercy.

crackedeggs, does the blogger have stats to back up a claim that kids from Christian [sic] families are overrepresented in psych facilities? I missed that, if so.

It's so nice to read a well-written and entertaining blog.

Didn't the woman who started No Longer Quivering also have a daughter who suffered from depression?

• 6 years later...

As a former Fundamentalist, I'm happy this woman's daughter was able to find power in her gender. I'm still personally struggling with it, I constantly feel inferior to men because of my two X chromosomes, and I still feel the need to cover up no matter what. It's a difficult thing to live with. 

Archived