IGNORED

seriously...does she think the kids bounce?

homeschoolmomma1

How many times do we see the Duggar kids jumping or on the counters and other areas. Michelle recently said that she is happy they never had any serious breaks.I believe Michelle thinks her children bounce if they fall :roll:

It's a little-known fact that the ooze from Tater tot casserole forms a protective rubbery coating around the bones of little children. :-P

It's a little-known fact that the ooze from Tater tot casserole forms a protective rubbery coating around the bones of little children. :-P

:lol:

I don't know about hers, but my kids bounce. :lol:

They have taken some tumbles that would have messed an adult up, and walked away with not even a bruise.

I am very glad though, that none of mine have shown a proclivity for being climbers. Accidental falls are bad enough. Having to be on their tails constantly to prevent them from visiting the top of the fridge or using bookshelves as ladders--that would be rough. :o

I don't see anything wrong with kids climbing. I encourage it. I've never had one of those monkey-types, but I've known some, and they are the ones you should allow to climb and find places where they can do it safely, because they're going to do it no matter what. I think my youngest grandchild is going to be a climber. He walked at 9 months!

I don't like my kids on the counters but that's because their feet are usually dirty.

Kids do have more elastic bones than adults. We've only had two broken bones among my brood, but more stitches than I can count. I guess I should make them stay out of the trees? My #2, 3, and 4 could match the howler monkeys, although I make them take it outside.

I have had a few climbers and it is a pita. My youngest is going to be one, I can tell already--not even nine months old and about to walk. He can already climb onto a twin bed!

Oh, was this topic about not letting your kids climb so much? I'd better get another pair of arms, a nanny, and possibly a few pediatric sized straitjackets if I want that to happen.

find places where they can do it safely

This is the part where the Duggars fail big time. Long staircases with no safety gates, high kitchen counters, tall bookcases not secured to the wall, etc. If you have a climber, I agree, they're gonna climb. So make sure they can climb SAFELY.

I guess if anyone gets hurt, though, they just blame the buddy or the sister-mom.

I don't see anything wrong with kids climbing. I encourage it. I've never had one of those monkey-types, but I've known some, and they are the ones you should allow to climb and find places where they can do it safely, because they're going to do it no matter what. I think my youngest grandchild is going to be a climber. He walked at 9 months!

I don't like my kids on the counters but that's because their feet are usually dirty.

You're probably right about the grandson... my daughter walked at 9.5 months, and she is a very accomplished climber (and physical monster).

the trend seems about right. My kid is a climber, and one of those adventurous ones where you REALLY have to be on top of otherwise something will happen the minute you turn away. She's gotten a few nasty scars from her adventures, but thankfully nothing broken (yet). She was a bit odd though- she went straight from crawl to a run at about 12 months. I don't really recall her EVER walking- always running or jumping, or just being as active as possible.

I have to admit, she did do a great job of keeping me in shape and helped me keep off my post-baby weight for quite some time :) It was awesome.

Mine stopped bouncing at age 12. That's when we got the TBI. Course, if one of Michelle's kids got a crack in their skulls, she'd never notice, since she pays little attention to them.

Guest Anonymous
Mine stopped bouncing at age 12. That's when we got the TBI. Course, if one of Michelle's kids got a crack in their skulls, she'd never notice, since she pays little attention to them.

She'll only notice when the kids are still smiling out of context in their thirties.

I rarely watch the Duggar show, but I remember one time Michelle handed a small baby to one of the 5 years olds. That made me so nervous! I thought the small child didn't have a firm grip on the baby and was gonna drop it at any minute! Yet, there's Michelle with that cult-like grin on her face rambling on about what a great "buddy" the 5 year old was gonna make. (The 5 year old was a boy, but I have no idea who it was.)

Michelle reminds me of some of the women in my old neighborhood who would leave their kids with anyone with a pulse so they could go out and party--that used to drive me up the wall.

How old was the baby? That's sounds ridiculously unsafe. Our rule here is: no children pick up the baby. Not that the rule is obeyed now that the baby is mobile, but... geesh.

What really bugs me is the complete lack of structured appropriate play for the younger children. I'm not saying that every moment should be planned or structured, but, especially since they are at home all day, it seems that they should have more age-appropriate toys, games, etc and areas to spread out and play. Instead we see them running through the kitchen and den/living area, climbing on counters and bouncing off furniture. Any time we see the play room it seems junky and cluttered and it doesn't seem like they use it that much. Where are the coloring books and the blocks and dress up clothes? I know we're talking about the Duggars here but it just seems like the kids need a constructive outlet for their play energy.

Definitely. Although they may have those things and we don't see them. I imagine that the cameramen encourage wild behavior because it is cute and spunky and exactly what the television audience wants to see.

My kids have that stuff, but they'd be all over the counters instead if I let them.

How old was the baby? That's sounds ridiculously unsafe. Our rule here is: no children pick up the baby. Not that the rule is obeyed now that the baby is mobile, but... geesh.

The baby was small...maybe 10 months? Not sure. I think it was when they were staying at that rental house to be close to Josie in the hospital. (So, it must of been Jordyn? What-ever age she was at that time.)

The baby was small...maybe 10 months? Not sure. I think it was when they were staying at that rental house to be close to Josie in the hospital. (So, it must of been Jordyn? What-ever age she was at that time.)

I believe Justin, who's 6 or 7, carried Jordyn down the stairs. It was definitely one of the youngest boys, and it gave me a freaking heart attack!

I believe Justin, who's 6 or 7, carried Jordyn down the stairs. It was definitely one of the youngest boys, and it gave me a freaking heart attack!

Me too! And with Michelle saying "You'll make a good buddy!", not even seeing the danger of a child walking around with an infant--I couldn't believe it.

Yikes. I still won't let my 4 yo walk down a long flight of stairs without holding my hand and she spent the first three years of her life in a house with stairs. The Duggars don't seem worried about stairs at all, but most parents I know with small children put up gates and such. I know I did, but I am a little over-protective about certain things.

I sort of remember an episode in which Johanna was on the counter playing and Boob was oblivious to it.

One day there will be a break. In that family I would probably do it on purpose to get my parents attention. :lol:

There's an old saying that "kids are made to survive their parents." Duggars may be the best illustration of this theory yet!

Erma Bombeck once said â€when your first child spits out his pacifier you run and sterilize it by the third one you just wipe it off on your pantsâ€. I am sure Michelle doesn’t even notice them now.

Archived