IGNORED

Radio in the car

ForYourOwnGoodMyDear

What do you think the Duggars do with the radios in the cars? Take them out entirely and just leave a cd player in there for classical music/fundie-approved music so they can't access normal radio?

From my understanding, it seems that the older Duggars with licenses can go on grocery shopping trips if they have a sibling with them. They can't possibly be letting them use the radio in the car, they may switch it to a station that isn't approved. It's evil enough that they hear worldly music playing at the grocery store. If they did leave the radio intact, I could see a couple Duggar kids switching it to something else and changing it back when they got home. They'd have to be removing the radio.

I would love to see a caught on camera clip of a Duggar riding around blasting some heavy metal.

I could see this, mostly with Jessa and Jinger. I could also probably see Jana doing it on a lone shopping trip to buy a few jugs of milk and some tater tots that had been forgotten earlier.

Ipods have fm radio on them, don't they? Even if they don't get radio in the car, they would have it on their mp3 players loaded with fundie-friendly tunes, a feature Boob and J'chelle have probably overlooked.

Reminds me of that post on Josh's instagram where he got all excited over the truck explosion.

Reminds me of that post on Josh's instagram where he got all excited over the truck explosion.

I didn't see that one. Did he cause it?

Hmm, lemme see if I can find it. May take me a while to wade through all those food posts.

I could see this, mostly with Jessa and Jinger. I could also probably see Jana doing it on a lone shopping trip to buy a few jugs of milk and some tater tots that had been forgotten earlier.

Ipods have fm radio on them, don't they? Even if they don't get radio in the car, they would have it on their mp3 players loaded with fundie-friendly tunes, a feature Boob and J'chelle have probably overlooked.

Nope, iPods don't have FM radio. You could download a radio app (with an ipod touch), but you'd need wi-fi to listen.

This has me thinking now, with all of those kids, and various cars, how much would it take for a Duggar daughter to sneak out clubbing at night? Once she finishes her chores and somehow gets her sisters to cover for her. It could happen.

Josh was caught watching animation dvd's in a fast food drive through, on the hummer's screen.

Ah, okay. I haven't had an ipod in a few years, never had luck with them, all victims of sudden ipod death syndrome, I switched to a zen, and those do have fm radio.

I could see it with Jinger. They've mentioned how much she likes to take the younger kids and run errands. Some of the howlers would probably be young/dumb/naive enough to believe her when she says katy perry is singing about jesus or something :P

I'm always torn on whether or not the older girls would cover for each other or not. They've certainly been trained not to. Michelle wrote about it in the first book, where she says that the kids are always taught that if someone tells them something is a secret, they should run and tell mom or dad right away. I would think that, after awhile, the older kids would ignore that in favor of helping out the others in the trenches, but it's hard to say.

Josh was caught watching animation dvd's in a fast food drive through, on the hummer's screen.

Cinderella perhaps?

Nope, iPods don't have FM radio. You could download a radio app (with an ipod touch), but you'd need wi-fi to listen.

The iPod Nano models have built in FM radio. I think the past few Nano models have had FM radio.

Archived