IGNORED

If you ever wonder what would happen if one of the Duggar...

dawn9476

kids was gay, they would probably send them to someone like Michelle Bachmann's husband who speciallizes in "Praying the Gay Away." :x

thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2011/06/29/257646/bachmanns-husband-calls-homosexuals-barbarians-who-need-to-be-educated-and-disciplined/

They probably would. I've heard a lot of pretty sad stories involving that.

However, I think that if any Duggar kid ever realized they were gay, they'd be too frightened to come out. Unless they were found out of course, but that'd just be a really sad story.

I once saw video footage of Dr. Bachmann... and he seemed like an ideal candidate for praying-the-gay-away "therapy," or perhaps an unsuccessful product of it, if you know what I mean.

yes I think they would hide it and just be a stay at home kid till they die. well you never know but I doubt they would claim they were gay.

Would the duggers ever admit to this?

gay.jpg

A tell-all book about a Duggarling escaping the house and/or the closet is one of the more unlikely things I want, right up there with a Bachmann/Palin ticket (as long as they don't win).

I already have my gaydar pinging for one of the Duggar children. I won't say which one, but my gaydar is never wrong.

I'm sure ATI has something simliar to the LDS evergreen program which helps young gay adults diminish thier Same sex attraction. DH was a semi-active LDS age 27 and not married(gasp, he decided to go to graduate from school and buy a home before marriage) and they asked him if he would like to go on a date with a recovering lesiban from the evergreen program. He did not want to particpate but basically "evergreen" helps the young adults diminsh their attraction via prayer, group meetings and practice dates with the opposite sex.

http://www.evergreeninternationaldotorg

I suspect that any gay child would just suppress it for as long as possible. They might overcompensate by having as many kids as possible (though how would you even notice in this family?). But after 10-20 years they wouldn't be able to keep hiding it and it would have disastrous results. I fear that suicide would be a likely result for a Duggar kid in this situation. Or maybe the gay kid would get lucky and find another gay person of the other sex and they could have a marriage of convenience, but that's really the best you can hope for in a soul-crushing family like that.

Archived