IGNORED

FIsh With Trish Shaming Women Over Their Clothing Choices

debrand

I can just see Trish pointing and staring at the poor waitress with a fake "wide eyed wonder". :o Makes me sick.

I'm thinking, is this not actually a lie? She is lying that she thinks the first woman has accidentally shown her cleavage (she knows fine well it was purposeful) and she's lying that she's worried for the waitress in the second scenario. At least it must be a lie of intent.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She could just call them something different. My grandmother calls them pedal-pushers whereas I say capris. I'm sure she's heard of the style, even if she isn't familiar with the terminology.

My mom sometimes calls them "puddle jumpers." She actually will use all three terms interchangably- I think sometimes it is situational or dependant on mood, and other times it's just whichever term comes into her mind first.

I didn't realize that she had a connection with Ray Comfort.

This is what he said on her site

What Others Are Saying...

"If you look up the word "diligent" in the dictionary, you will probably find the name "Trish." She is not only diligent, but she has a zeal for the lost, a good grip on biblical principles, and a deep and worshipful love for the God who gave her life. If I want something done quickly and done properly, I give it to Trish. I am honored to know her, and I thank God for the day she became involved in this ministry."

Ray Comfort

President/ Author/ T.V. Host

Living Waters Publications

No wonder she is arrogant, insenstive and rude.

NB2: I guess they weren't capris, if capris come halfway down the shin. They ended right at the middle of her knee.

Not to muddy the waters further, but I would call those Bermuda shorts! :)

Miss uh-oh would have died of shock of the uh-oh from today's swimming lesson. I am wearing a high necked sleave-less that is cut very full and doesn't even show my ankles. Well some little man about 3 came up behind me and threw my skirts way up high showing everyone I was wearing my sunday pair(very holey) and proceeded to hide under my falling skirts. All I felt was a whoosh on my backside then little hands wrapping around my knees. I was horrified again at the pool in less than 6 days. Thankfully on about 7-8 people saw that show but I think tomorrow I will be wearing a suit of armor tot he pool. :shock:

Hehehe. He probably thought "Oooh! A hiding place!"

Little kids don't really have an understanding of personal boundaries- if they see something that looks like they could hide under, they will go hide under it. I can't tell you how many times we've found my four-year-old cousin hiding under clothes racks in department stores or under the dining room table with the tablecloth. :lol:

(I mean no offense with this post, just pointing out why he might have done that)

Not to muddy the waters further, but I would call those Bermuda shorts! :)

Yeah, I would consider those Bermudas.

I get what MJB is saying. There are places where an unofficial dress code is in place, and showing dressed for golf is a little inappropriate. Women are fighting for their rights in that church, and this does nothing to help the cause.

Many medical schools have strict dress codes. The thought is that we need to be dressed like professionals so patients and the community perceive us as such. It's not about oppressing anyone (although I'll be upset to give up my official test day uniform of a Victoria's Secret sweatsuit. very sad, I love my sweats), it's about learning to fit in with the medical culture.

Hehehe. He probably thought "Oooh! A hiding place!"

Little kids don't really have an understanding of personal boundaries- if they see something that looks like they could hide under, they will go hide under it. I can't tell you how many times we've found my four-year-old cousin hiding under clothes racks in department stores or under the dining room table with the tablecloth. :lol:

(I mean no offense with this post, just pointing out why he might have done that)

Or it might have been his inherent sinful nature :roll:

There is a really lovely family with three children in my church and one day they all had ants in their pants. At the beginning of the service there is a sort of percussive bell-ringing (like this:

), and they were all dancing and grooving to the rhythm. The oldest boy (around 6 or 7) was standing behind his mom, and he reached over and started playing percussion on her butt cheeks. Of course she was mortified, but I can't help but laugh. Kids are just like that.

Not to muddy the waters further, but I would call those Bermuda shorts!

Sometimes they are called clam diggers too.

Bit of useless trivia: Popularized by Mary Tyler Moore on the Dick Van Dyke show in the 60's. She would wear capri's for half the show, and dresses for the other half.

As to the little guy under the dress. Never had that happen, but several times I have had a little head peek under a public restroom door and ask "Mommy?".

Not sure I should have watched that -- now I can picture the face and hear the voice that goes with the UH OH! That somehow makes it even more annoying to me.

I bet she sounds like one of the Teletubbies.

Okay, so this lady describes her reaction seeing short shorts as a "panic attack"? :violin:

Yeah, I don't normally wish real panic attacks on anyone (panic disorder blows) but for Kristen there, I'm willing to make an exception. If she was seriously triggered on a regular basis by scantily-clad people, she would not be functional.

MJB, I totally understand your position, and would agree if I went to your church. I believe people should dress appropriately for the occasion because it shows respect for the people around you, as well as for yourself. If I were golfing, that outfit would be appropriate (though honestly, I don't do polos or those colors, but that's just me.) In church, I tend to dress up a bit more, and would only wear Bermudas to an outdoor service, if at all.

You are always welcome in the ELCA, and will generally find women dressed appropriately, though we don't have that pesky "Women Can't" thing to worry about. ;) We just dress seriously because we know it makes us look FIERCE and AWESOME. :lol:

clarinetpower, God love ya (and I mean that sincerely), I plan to visit the ELCA near me in the next few weeks. There's a bit of research I need to do about my congregation (do women vote? how much of my offering goes to the [bloated] Synod? and what does Pastor recommend I do with my conviction that we're on the patriachical spectrum with our doctrine against women's ordination [synodical, not just our congregation]?

But enough about me...let's go laugh at some frumpers! :dance:

Back to Trish for a moment, I am going to have a momentary lapse into complete bitchiness. If she ever pulled this stunt on me, I'd point to her skunk-like highlights and say, "UH-OH, UH-OH!"

I usually try not to descend to mocking the hair, but this woman bugs in a major way.

Back to Trish for a moment, I am going to have a momentary lapse into complete bitchiness. If she ever pulled this stunt on me, I'd point to her skunk-like highlights and say, "UH-OH, UH-OH!"

I usually try not to descend to mocking the hair, but this woman bugs in a major way.

Omigosh!Omigosh!Omigosh!Omigosh!

Thank you for sayin' it! I can snark on a person if I'm not the first to do it. That's my excuse for tonight. That hair! What did Giuliana Rancic call her extensions on "Fashion Police" the other night -- "desperation hair"?

And the eyeliner. Who still wears eyeliner like that? I mean, of young women. I know some women my age who still do and they really shouldn't.

I loved the way she was out-frumming the Israeli girls whilst leafletting at the wall. Or somewhere that looked like the wall.

Srsly: the hair's gotta go -- to the nearest shampoo bowl. Stringy, scraggly ... UH-OH!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry-nono:

Holy cats! They find people on the street and get them to call in to the radio show "to share their faith," then try to convert them.

And one guy of theirs is really great with Muslims. Sheesh.

http://fishwithtrish.blogspot.com/searc ... %20Fishing

I wonder if they get permission for all the pictures?

Somehow a radio show for reality witnessing seems kind of non-religious. It would be really easy to focus on things just to get ratings

Oh geez, I glanced at the blog and spotted the skunk hair. Not cute. And is she actually wearing visible lipliner?! WHY?!?!?! :o

Holy cats! They find people on the street and get them to call in to the radio show "to share their faith," then try to convert them.

And one guy of theirs is really great with Muslims. Sheesh.

http://fishwithtrish.blogspot.com/searc ... %20Fishing

I wonder if they get permission for all the pictures?

Somehow a radio show for reality witnessing seems kind of non-religious. It would be really easy to focus on things just to get ratings

It's really distasteful to me, but self-righteous attempts to convert people always irk me.

They do get some dissenters in their comments, but tend to just continue the "if you're not saved, you're going to hell, how could you not want this wonderful gift" routine there.

And piggybacking on Extreme Makeover was pretty rude.

People still ask to get highlights like that and usually they was red highlights with them, ugh! I usually try to talk people out of it. It hurts me to do it.

Is she sharing Jesus or showing off how self righteous she is. And the snark: honey the hair is making her look like Keith Richards on heroin, bless her heart). I would not make my gay friends cry (and will be making an appointment to cut my hair ASAP).

Her "worst church sign of 2011" was of a UU church and their sign said "God is too big for any one religion." Oh, Trish, thank you for convicting me of my covenant with Unitarian Universalism. I am persuaded!

Guest Anonymous

Sheesh, the catch about being UU is that by definition we can't define spirituality for others! And we sure don't want Trish defining ours!

When she starts confronting the young men I routinely see about their boxer clad bums showing above their "outerwear" instead of shaming women in service jobs she may gain some creditability. (I tend to save my confrontations for dangerously loud music around infants and carseats in the front seat. Usually, I am at least treated courteously while indulging my busybody public servant type self.)

How does she decide when to uh-oh women and when to witness to them? For instance, why is Rosalind getting a "big hug" in this post, and not an uh-oh on account of her midriff???

http://fishwithtrish.blogspot.com/2009/ ... s-you.html

Because Rosalind had volunteered to call in to the radio show, and got well and truly shamed by Trish's partner in crime -- er, witnessing.

Perhaps Trish was only playing "good cop" this time.

Or perhaps she also talked to Rosalind about her midriff and cleavage. No doubt she's always cheerful and "loving" when she picks at people.

Archived