IGNORED

Do the Duggars...

homeschoolmomma1

ever clean up after they stay in a hotel?

(I thought we could play a little game Do the Duggars?) I just packed for like 13 hours and I'm in the mood for a game I guess :violin:;)

Why would they? They get all their junk out and then there's nothing left but towels, unmade beds and probably a wet floor in the bathroom. Maybe a little extra trash, but hey, I leave a lot of trash in hotel rooms too because I usually have to make a trip to Walmart, AND I eat take-out.

Hotel rooms are much dirtier after wild drunken parties, I'd bet.

They've had a few multi-night stays. Do they make the girls make all the beds and clean the toilets to avoid tipping the maids? They'd still have to either request cases of soap and TP and 8 dozen towels before coming to avoid tipping. They BETTER tip the staff well

since most of the places they stay these days are putting them up for free publicity.

Somehow, I doubt it, coming from the man whose shoes squeak when he walks, per his own adoring wife.

When they went to stay in the town with Dollywood, they were put up in this nice lodge and they made comments on how the kids always make sure to keep places clean that they stay at. Now, this was a fully furnished house vs. a standard hotel, but I would assume they at least pick up the garbage. Making the beds doesn't really make sense as the maids usually have to strip the beds anyway.

My "Do the Duggars..." is....

Do the Duggars ever go to a public library? Or is it too full of heathen subversive materials? ZOMG!!

Who tips maids?

I do, on occasion, when I have stayed at a place for more than one night. That's rare.

I tip the maids. I know how much they make, how hard their job is and what kind of stress they're under to please management. Tipping is the least I can do.

Do the Duggars ever go to a public library? Or is it too full of heathen subversive materials? ZOMG!!

How much you wanna bet that Sean will read that on this board and then have it next season. haha

Do they make libraries for Gothard followers?

How much you wanna bet that Sean will read that on this board and then have it next season. haha

Do they make libraries for Gothard followers?

Since they live in the Ozarks, which is known for being extremely religious, I would think any library would have already been removed of all the heathen material.

I'm sure the Duggars wouldn't be too happy if someone took "buy used and save the difference" to its logical conclusion by checking both of their books out from the local library. After the liquor license brouhaha, I wouldn't be surprised if Michelle was the type of person to regularly complain to the library about "offensive materials" even if her children never set foot in the building.

The summer before I went to University, I worked in a hotel, first in the kitchens, then as a maid. Some of the things you find in hotel rooms! :oops: I was young and more easily shocked, but all the same! At least you could be fairly sure that this would not be a problem with the Duggars.

My first thought when I saw the title of this thread was, "What kind of dance would that be, I wonder?" :lol:

I tip the maids. I know how much they make, how hard their job is and what kind of stress they're under to please management. Tipping is the least I can do.

This. I was raised to tip the maids, bellboys, room service, or anyone who brought you an iron or stuff like that. Some days, we choose not to have maid service (usually the first full day in town), so we are sure to tip at least a fiver the next day.

I mentioned the kids making the beds, remembering how Anna made up all the beds in the beach house on her own honeymoon. I'm sure there was a maid service available. Heck, they had the TLC cameras in the hizzy, why not a maid? We stayed in a little cottage with a full kitchen on the beach in Carmel for our honeymoon (GO if you have the chance...it's a GORGEOUS area) and wouldn't have DREAMED of cleaning the place when we were out and about. We had better things to do than read the bible and make beds. :romance-kisslips:

This. I was raised to tip the maids, bellboys, room service, or anyone who brought you an iron or stuff like that.

I tip everyone too and have taught my kids to do the same.

this was the 1st thing I thought of:

Please give a warning to that as my youngest was looking over my shoulder when I clicked on the link. :oops:

Archived