IGNORED

Dan Beasley

Fundilicious

Hi everyone! I'm a newbie here. I just found FreeJinger about a month ago, but have been a long time Fundie Blog reader. I am not a Fundie myself, nor have I ever been. They just fascinate me.

Anyways I have always wanted to talk about this after reading it on Bethany Wissmann's blog and I apologize if this has been discussed before.

When Bethany posted about her courtship with Dan and how it came about, this is what Dan said. And I quote:

When I moved to Virginia in July of 2008 the thought crossed my mind that I should talk with some girl’s dad just to put my name in. I didn’t want to leave and let the best girl slip through the cracks without even being there to put up a fight. But I didn’t know which girl’s dad to talk to, and I felt God wanted me to wait.

Um...what? Maybe Dan is just an awful writer, but the last sentence has me to believe he had several girls in mind for whom he would consider marrying. I thought fundies were supposed to keep their heart pure for just one girl. It seems to me that Mr. Dan had his heart pining over several girls, and was willing to take whichever one's Dad was willing to let him have them.

You can read their courtship story here: http://bloggingbeth.blogspot.com/2009/07/beginning.html

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Men can shop for the perfect model-They are the ones initiating the process and are expected to make a suitable choice.When he comes courtin' she better have kept that heart and everything else pure just in case he chooses her.

That's really weird. "The best girl"? I guess that is based on physical attractiveness and social standing in his eyes since it seems actually getting to know a girl is not on his agenda.

Guest Anonymous

It's not just about him being a bad writer - he is a bad, stinking individual. He is the one who in a Fathers' Day post, thanked Bethany's dad for disciplining her so that 'most of the spanking was done' before they got married.

It all comes down to they want a girl who would never aspire to be more than what she has been trained to be-a modest,obediant but cute and cheerful wife to one but mother to many.I also notice the most attractive Fundie girls are the ones single so maybe the guys tend to like a bit of plainess in the help meets to-a girl to pretty will make make people sin? out shine their husbands?

I remember the spanking post, that was just odd, nor did I find it funny. I think I would be appalled if my husband said something like that to my Dad.

I don't get how everyone involved in this courtship doesn't understand how dehumanizing it is for the young lady that her mother, father, Dan and his family knew that he intended to court and perhaps marry her before Bethany knew.

He does talk about her like she is some interchangable cog that is replacable by any other woman.

It's not just about him being a bad writer - he is a bad, stinking individual. He is the one who in a Fathers' Day post, thanked Bethany's dad for disciplining her so that 'most of the spanking was done' before they got married.

That is so effing creepy. I graduated with his brother, Josh, in a large homeschool grad ceremony, and only was acquainted with the family. Thinking back, they felt a little bit...awkward in all the homeschool activities and gatherings.

I feel scared for all the women marrying a Beasley. :/

He has always given me the creeps. I could never really say why, but it's there. I haven't read his blog until it was recently posted here. He is an arrogant prick.

Dan writes:

I have a deep respect for girls who don’t throw their hearts around.

Who wants a girl who giggled over guys when she was 13. The harlot!

I find the Beasleys to be very creepy. For example: is it just me or is sitting like that with your sibling (goes especially for Dan's brother) weird?

Picture2.png

Dan writes:

Who wants a girl who giggled over guys when she was 13. The harlot!

Girls, take this as a warning with a large dose of advice. Throw your hearts around so you do not end up with a fucktard like Dan Beasley. It is your best defense against arrogant, controlling fundie men.

What is strange about the photo is not that the girl sits on her brother's lap but that she does so in a photo. Did the photographer pose the group like that?

My kids are affectionate, but I've never seen my daughters sit on their brothers' laps, at least not once they past the age of five. I should point out that my oldest son is nine years older than my youngest daughter, so she might have sat on his lap when she was a toddler.

Don't know what to make of it but it makes me squirmy. Dan at least looks like he's leaning away from his sister for the photo but Josh (?) even has his hand on Anna's thigh. They look more intimate then bride and groom.

Don't know what to make of it but it makes me squirmy. Dan at least looks like he's leaning away from his sister for the photo but Josh (?) even has his hand on Anna's thigh. They look more intimate then bride and groom.

It's probably the photographer trying to squeeze in everybody into the picture, and picked a really bad way to do that. (And yes, I do believe that's Josh holding Anna). Even if I were close to my brother, I still would be really uncomfortable with that post, and it would look more like the brother/sister pair on the far right.

So, I put her on the unwritten “list†of potential Mrs. Dan Beasley’s and went about living life, knowing it was in God’s hands. I usually attempted to view girls as a group because when I started singling them out it was more difficult to keep myself mentally pure.

As I got to know her better I realized that she DEFINITELY had potential.

Around Christmas I began to think seriously about marriage. When? Who? Etc.

Monday night March 8, 2009, he called back and let me know that I had the green light from him and Gloria. But he also mentioned that he wanted to talk with Bethany before he officially turned me loose.

Holy fuck - these people are disturbed.

Her dad "mentioned that he wanted to talk with" his daughter - as a fucking side-note?!? Oh, you'd like to marry my daughter? Do you mind if I ask her - I know it's an inconvenience, but we're crazy liberal like that.

:roll:

Holy fuck - these people are disturbed.

Her dad "mentioned that he wanted to talk with" his daughter - as a fucking side-note?!? Oh, you'd like to marry my daughter? Do you mind if I ask her - I know it's an inconvenience, but we're crazy liberal like that.

:roll:

He comes off more douchey than Smuggar. Must be the ATI influence... :|

That is so effing creepy. I graduated with his brother, Josh, in a large homeschool grad ceremony, and only was acquainted with the family. Thinking back, they felt a little bit...awkward in all the homeschool activities and gatherings.

I feel scared for all the women marrying a Beasley. :/

We knew a couple really well, who is in the Wissmanns' social crowd, who was into wife spanking. It wasn't for sex kinks, it was to discipline the wife into obedience, submission and a happy peaceful heart.

We knew a couple really well, who is in the Wissmanns' social crowd, who was into wife spanking. It wasn't for sex kinks, it was to discipline the wife into obedience, submission and a happy peaceful heart.

Oh, ick, domestic discipline. Yuck

Girls, take this as a warning with a large dose of advice. Throw your hearts around so you do not end up with a fucktard like Dan Beasley. It is your best defense against arrogant, controlling fundie men.

Yeah. As a responsible mom, I'm going to make sure my daughter is boy-crazy and flirty. I'll also make sure she's educated, ambitious, hard-working and knows how to stand up for herself. I must make her as unappealing as possible to fundie men.

Yeah. As a responsible mom, I'm going to make sure my daughter is boy-crazy and flirty. I'll also make sure she's educated, ambitious, hard-working and knows how to stand up for herself. I must make her as unappealing as possible to fundie men.

THIS! And thank you, margie, for raising your daugther like this!

• 5 months later...
What is strange about the photo is not that the girl sits on her brother's lap but that she does so in a photo. Did the photographer pose the group like that?

My kids are affectionate, but I've never seen my daughters sit on their brothers' laps, at least not once they past the age of five. I should point out that my oldest son is nine years older than my youngest daughter, so she might have sat on his lap when she was a toddler.

Old thread, I know - but if my memory serves me right, Bethany Beasley was the photographer. It's been a while but I was there.

It just reminds me of arranged marriages in the middle east and other countries. It has absolutely nothing to do with the girl, it's a business deal between the guy and a father. In that quote he's basically saying 'there's probably some girls here, I should put my name in the hat for a couple of them and see if I can get one, any one'. No chemistry, no compatability, they're not even really friends - any submissive godly modest robot with a nice rack will do.

It just reminds me of arranged marriages in the middle east and other countries. It has absolutely nothing to do with the girl, it's a business deal between the guy and a father. In that quote he's basically saying 'there's probably some girls here, I should put my name in the hat for a couple of them and see if I can get one, any one'. No chemistry, no compatability, they're not even really friends - any submissive godly modest robot with a nice rack will do.

Fundamentalism is fundamentalism, whether Baptist or Islam. Both seem to be inherently demeaning toward women, or really, anyone different from the dominant-male standard.

Archived