IGNORED

Just for lulz: Name the next Duggar!

Deleted12

I know they already have Jana, but I wonder if they would name a possible baby girl Jane. (BTW, that's my real name, and if there is a Jane Duggar, I call dibs on freeing her. :D )

I am totally in love with the name Jane. My husband said no way with my youngest daughter, even to the middle name, but if for some reason I have another girl some day, screw him, I'm going with Jane.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How is it that these people don't have a Jacob? It's been on top of the the SSA most popular list for ages. They have a JOSIAH and JEDIDIAH but not a Jacob? How is that possible?

But to be fair about the Jana, Joy-Anna, and Johannah... Jana goes by Jana. Joy-Anna goes by Joy. Johannah goes by Hannie. So when you say them out loud by, what amounts to, their nickname, it doesn't sound anything alike. I think they liked the name Hannah but had to slap a J on it, so Johannah she became. To hell if it sounds kreaytive to name someone Johannah.

Jordan is a family name on both sides of my family and I had intended to use it as a girl name way before everyone and their mama started doing the same. I was actually surprised they gave her a trendy name. I mean these are the people who named their recent kid, Jennifer. Really? I had about 15 Jennifers in my class growing up. They missed that by about 30 years.

Julie for a girl, if Jim Bob gets his way.

Jacob, Jared or Judah for a boy.

Wouldn't put it past them to name the poor kid something crazy though.

For a girl:

Jessica (How is it possible that they don't have a Jessica?)

Jemma

Jodi

Jocelyn

Julianne

Justine

Jade

Jane

Jaycee

Jesslynn

Jamie *for a boy or a girl*

For a boy:

Jace

Jayden

Jonah

Jonas

Jacob (seriously, how the fuck do they not already have a Jacob?)

Jared

Jeffrey

Jett

Jameson

Jeremy

Joel

I think they liked the name Hannah but had to slap a J on it, so Johannah she became. To hell if it sounds kreaytive to name someone Johannah.

Johannah is just a variant of Joanna, which is found in the Bible. The form 'Johanna' originated in medieval times as the feminine of Johannes (the Latin form of John). Johanna(h) isn't just a 'kreative' version of Hannah.

Talking about variants of Joanna, I never really thought before about just how many there are! Jan, Jane, Jayne, Jean, Jeanne, Jeanette, Joan, Joanne, Johanna(h), Janet, Janette...Also, apparently Jenny, Jennie and Jenna were originally pet forms of Joanna, not Jennifer!

I'm also baffled by their not having a Jacob yet, so I was wondering if maybe they have a close family member or friend named Jacob. Maybe they do and don't want it to be too confusing (probably not given the Joseph/Josiah and Jana/Johannah/Joy-Anna situations :roll: ) or don't want to seem like they're naming a baby after that person. Because really, they must have considered it at least a few times by now!

It's possible that they simply don't like the name. Given the number of names that sound the same, it's possible that they just really like certain sounds, and "Jacob" just doesn't fit. I am surprised however that there isn't a Jacob. That's like, THE go-to Biblical name for a boy. Which is why I can't stand the name myself, it's so common. And with popular baby names today, it seems like every new mom out there wants a long vowel preceding a quick "uh" sound. Ee-thun. Jay-sun. Ay-vuh. Jay-dun. Hay-dun. Jay-cub. Soh-fee-uh. Not a lot of the Duggar kids' names really match that format, with the exception of Jana (Jay-na) and Jedidiah/Jeremiah/Josiah (ending in eye-uh). It's possible that the Duggars are running out of J-names, and are just going with the ones they like best at this point. (though eye-uh endings don't seem to be anywhere near as popular as ay-uh or ee-uh endings.)

Because I really, really hate the name Jacob, and I find my tastes are eerily similar to Michelle's.

I wouldn't put it past them.

They already do public service.

Since they're anti-college, they can't name the kid J'APO. And they don't need the fraternity because it's built into the circus with 19 member ready-made one.

For a while they were thinking of calling Jackson "Judah Benjamin." I wonder if that is still on the list.

Probably not, because they probably found out that Judah Benjamin is the name of a famous Jew and s they nixed it.

My favorite so far is Jamiroquai. But seriously, where is their Jessica or Jamie?

Well...Jessica sounds just like Jessa, and Jamie sounds just like James. That never stopped them before (Jana/JoyAnna/Johannah anyone) but maybe in that case the similarities are obvious even to them which is why they didn't go with that idea.

To hell if it sounds kreaytive to name someone Johannah.

That was great-grandma Pixy's name! She was born about 100 years ago, and no real "creative" naming back then. She was Russian/Polish/Welsh, not sure if that is where the name came from or what. :D

Hahaha, Jimbelle! I'm dying!

In the vein of Jack Daniel, what about Jose Cuervo? Jungle Jim Bob? Jingleheimersmith? Jambalaya? Juno?

Hahaha, Jimbelle! I'm dying!

In the vein of Jack Daniel, what about Jose Cuervo? Jungle Jim Bob? Jingleheimersmith? Jambalaya? Juno?

Juno would be epic lulz. If they named a daughter Juno they'd have to backtrack and say they were completely unaware of the movie.

Archived