IGNORED

Just for lulz: Name the next Duggar!

Deleted12

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Juno would be epic lulz. If they named a daughter Juno they'd have to backtrack and say they were completely unaware of the movie.

Or the Roman Godess.

Because I really, really hate the name Jacob, and I find my tastes are eerily similar to Michelle's.

Mine too. I love the names Josiah, Joseph, Johannah, Jeremiah, Josie, Joy, and John. And I have a Jude Levi (Jacksons' middle name).

Love the name Junia too! :)

I hope they go with Julie. Actually I was hoping they would've chosen Julie for Jordyn. I think Jordyn is a terrible name and the y just makes it worse.

I figured JB or Michelle would already know about the goddess from their fairly normal upbringing.

Didn't JB go to a Christian school? I know that Greek/Roman mythology was not covered in my Christian history books as a kid (other than "This is bad, hmmkay" and the religions being the reason for the fall of the empires, gotta love revisionist history!), I had to seek the info out. Plus, I can't imagine either one actually paying attention to mythology, neither seems really educated to me.

BTW, was "Juno" a good movie?

They do have a James, which is actually the same in Hebrew and Greek as Jacob (but derived from a variant form in Latin), but as mentioned, they also have both Jana and Johannah, so shared etymology doesn't seem to be an issue for them.

Didn't JB go to a Christian school? I know that Greek/Roman mythology was not covered in my Christian history books as a kid (other than "This is bad, hmmkay" and the religions being the reason for the fall of the empires, gotta love revisionist history!), I had to seek the info out. Plus, I can't imagine either one actually paying attention to mythology, neither seems really educated to me.

BTW, was "Juno" a good movie?

He did, but he didn't seem to have gone to a fundie one. It's entirely possible he picked something up from old books or TV shows, somewhere outside of school.

They don't have to really pay attention to mythology to remember some things and like one name, anyway. I don't think they'd name a kid Juno, though, because if JB and Michelle are as dim as they seem to be, they'd think it was a boys' name, or have heart attacks at the thought of naming a kid after a goddess.

I thought Juno was an excellent movie, Juno herself is a likable character and overall I don't see how it 'glorifies' teen pregnancy. I think the pro-life movement does a better job of glorifying it than Juno does, tbh, but that's a rant for another thread or a PM.

He did, but he didn't seem to have gone to a fundie one.

Huh, really? All the Christian schools here are fundie or fundie-lite, so I guess I had never thought of an non-fundie Christian school. Learn something new every day at FreeJinger! :D

Huh, really? All the Christian schools here are fundie or fundie-lite, so I guess I had never thought of an non-fundie Christian school. Learn something new every day at FreeJinger! :D

In the UK church schools aren't fundie or fundie-lite, even the ones that aren't state schools. I'm sure they vary in terms of conservativeness, though.

[in the UK church schools aren't fundie or fundie-lite, even the ones that aren't state schools. I'm sure they vary in terms of conservativeness, though.

I live in the south in the US (actually, in spitting distance of CBN and Pat Robertson!), and most Christians here are fundie, fundie-lite, or fundie-crazy (the hubs has an uncle who won't speak to me because I'm Jewish and he is under orders from my father-in-law not to try to convert me. Seriously). The few mainstream Christians that I know either send their kids to public school or homeschool. Private Christian schools (church or non-denom, independant schools) are the realm of the fundie-lite here.

I never realized that non-fundie Christians felt the need for their kids to go to Christian school!

Edit to add: I guess that this goes to show that I don't know much about non-fundie Christians....guess I need to educate myself on them! :?

Wasn't a huge fan of Juno. It was so cheesy. For pete's sake she yells "Thundercats are go!" when her water breaks. When she finds out the people she's adopting the baby to are getting divorced her reaction is "Oh and by the way Sonic Youth sucks. It's just noise" (the husband had recommended she listened to them in an earlier scene). Right. Like anyone would have that reaction... :P

I live in the south in the US (actually, in spitting distance of CBN and Pat Robertson!), and most Christians here are fundie, fundie-lite, or fundie-crazy (the hubs has an uncle who won't speak to me because I'm Jewish and he is under orders from my father-in-law not to try to convert me. Seriously). The few mainstream Christians that I know either send their kids to public school or homeschool. Private Christian schools (church or non-denom, independant schools) are the realm of the fundie-lite here.

I never realized that non-fundie Christians felt the need for their kids to go to Christian school!

Edit to add: I guess that this goes to show that I don't know much about non-fundie Christians....guess I need to educate myself on them! :?

Spitting distance?! I'm just 45 minutes away from CBN! Where are you?!

Yeah, most schools around her seem to be about fundie-lite. I don't know of any fundie schools, all the Christian schools are fundie-lite.

He did, but he didn't seem to have gone to a fundie one.

This is Jim Bob's school, which he attended from grades 6 to 12:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shiloh_Christian_School

It's Baptist. According to the website, many of their textbooks are from Bob Jones University, and it sure looks like they teach biblical literalism and creationism, which would make it fundie in my book. Or maybe fundie-lite, since it doesn't seem like the girls are forced to wear skirts and dresses.

I think they'll go back to Judah Benjamin if it's a boy. Or possibly Judson because the Bateses just used that one.

For a girl, I think Jewel or Jubilee because the Bateses wanted to use those too.

I think there's also a distinct possibility that they will do some sort of contest or fans-name-the-baby schtick. I doubt they'd give some random person unrestricted naming rights, but I wouldn't put it past them to use the new blessing as an additional ratings ploy somewhere down the line.

I think they'll go back to Judah Benjamin if it's a boy. Or possibly Judson because the Bateses just used that one.

For a girl, I think Jewel or Jubilee because the Bateses wanted to use those too.

I think there's also a distinct possibility that they will do some sort of contest or fans-name-the-baby schtick. I doubt they'd give some random person unrestricted naming rights, but I wouldn't put it past them to use the new blessing as an additional ratings ploy somewhere down the line.

Yeah, because enough people would vote that SOMEONE would pick Julie/Judah which we know they like, and the winner could just get a shout-out or something.

Jared

Jericho

Jethro

Jarrell

Jarius (after Arkansas Razorback wide receiver Jarius Wright)

Jotham

Jubal

I'm hoping for a boy. J'chelle needs to retire the enormous tape on bows and fake pig tail headband... The fake pigtails are particularly ridiculous. Poor little girls being forced to wear that thing.

Jinny. A lot of Southerners pronounce twenty like "twinny", just add a J and you're good to go!

Jael is one of my faves and if they use it I will be severely annoyed. But they won't use it because Yael was such a bad-ass in the Bible.

Jael is one of my faves and if they use it I will be severely annoyed. But they won't use it because Yael was such a bad-ass in the Bible.

I agree with this. I love Jael, but they're not going to name their baby after a woman whose claim to fame was hammering a tent peg through a sleeping man's head.

Jared

Jericho

Jethro

Jarrell

Jarius (after Arkansas Razorback wide receiver Jarius Wright)

Jotham

Jubal

I'm hoping for a boy. J'chelle needs to retire the enormous tape on bows and fake pig tail headband... The fake pigtails are particularly ridiculous. Poor little girls being forced to wear that thing.

If this is the last kid, I hope it's a girl, and if it is a boy I hope he gets a little brother. The Duggars have, strangely, had their kids almost always in 'batches' of girls or boys: BBGGGGBBGBBBBBBGGGG. The only 'lone' one really is Joy, so maybe if this buddy of hers is a boy she'll understand his plight! But if it is a boy, he'll be eight years younger than Jackson and that's a much bigger gap than between Joy and Jinger (4 years). That's gonna suck for him.

My favorite was posited on TWOP when Michelle was expecting Josie -- Jenesis. Works for a boy or a girl!

Mr. gilora's choice is Jehoshaphat.

Archived