IGNORED

Educate Me on Our Patron Saint

Soulhuntress

Just saw this thread and it made my day! Agree with pretty much all that was said and love the youtube videos. Now to go re-watch them :D

agreed...I had to hide my sniffles from my husband, who would have rolled his eyes at me.

Glad I wasn't the only one who cried at that part!

This!

He is lovely, sad and funny in that.

And it's a fine movie, too.

He's also funny -- think Eeyore in an alien costume -- in Galaxy Quest.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You have to be more specific, there are (as far as I know) two patron saints.

Our Patron Saint of Free Jinger is St. Alan Rickman

Our Patron Saint of Intelligent, Educated Women is St. Rachel Maddow

You also need to be patient with this part of the forum, it can be slow at times.

Rachel Maddow is a well educated, articulate, irreverent, leftist, out lesbian woman who has her own show on MSNBC. It's a great show (in my opinion). It's available free, in full via itunes Podcast the day after it airs so you can watch there if interested. It's life saver for me being at Uni and without premium cable channels.

Lately she's being covering topics like Occupy Wallstreet (and various Occupys), the stripping of union rights or attempts at it, the laws in various states that make it more difficult to vote, the Personhood amendment, and the idea that Herman Cain's campaign is performance art (this one is great).

Shows here for free: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26315908/

There are links in the sidebar to her specials on the Tiller assassination and on McVeigh, both of at least tangential interest to fundie watchers I'd think. She also does a lot of segments on other fundie-related issues, particularly relating to The Family and to attacks on women's health care.

You have to be more specific, there are (as far as I know) two patron saints.

Our Patron Saint of Free Jinger is St. Alan Rickman

Our Patron Saint of Intelligent, Educated Women is St. Rachel Maddow

You also need to be patient with this part of the forum, it can be slow at times.

What's the back story on these two being elected as FJ Patron Saints?

What's the back story on these two being elected as FJ Patron Saints?

I get the sense that it was less of an "election" than a fiat decision by our benevolent overlords. :D

I am 99.55% sure that my ears aren't deceiving me, and that Alan Rickman is going to be a guest on the next "Talk Of The Nation" on NPR radio. Today's "Talk" is half done, so I'm presuming that Himself will be on tomorrow, Tuesday 29 November.

Don't say I never told ya nuthin'!!!! :dance:

I am 99.55% sure that my ears aren't deceiving me, and that Alan Rickman is going to be a guest on the next "Talk Of The Nation" on NPR radio. Today's "Talk" is half done, so I'm presuming that Himself will be on tomorrow, Tuesday 29 November.

Don't say I never told ya nuthin'!!!! :dance:

How would I find this radio station if all I get are local stations? Is there a web site that I can use like the one they use for the Duggars? I need to know these things!

LOL! My bad, sorry! I was just so tickled that I presumed *everybody* knew NPR.

Ah, the promise of hearing that voice live -- it would distract anybody, eh? Thanks to LPL for having the presence of mind to ask, and to Linnea for filling in the blanks. 8-)

Archived