IGNORED

Happy 2nd anniversary S&R Loomis!

Letgo

Today Steven and Rebecca celebrate two years of wedded bliss. They seem happy on the rare occasions they update their blog. I hope they are, but there are no babies yet. Rebecca had the one miscarriage a few months after the wedding and no other baby announcements since then. What does Pastor S believe regarding infertility? Would Rebecca be allowed to receive treatment? Or is infertility a sign of sin in their belief system? Somehow, I can't see R and S straying too far from what her father believes. Does anyone know what their church teaches on this?

While I'm sorry they have had trouble with infertility, I am glad that they are not on baby #2 or #3 like Kristina, and that they have had time to enjoy their first years of marriage together.

From a very little interaction with Rebecca, I believe they are considering adoption.

Aw, that makes me happy. I like these two for whatever reason and they do seem like a happy couple.

Likewise I'm pleased they have had a chance to enjoy being married. They are a cute couple- I love his red hair and she always seems legitimately happy in her photos. Hers and Be.thany Wiss.man's are the only blogs I've followed since my own wedding that aren't already packin' a quiver. I know it probably isn't "by choice" but it's nice they get to just enjoy being a couple for awhile.

Aw, that makes me happy. I like these two for whatever reason and they do seem like a happy couple.

Same here. I don't know these folks, but they just seem pleasant and I wish them well.

Re: infertility treatment - I don't know about their specific church but a lot of the fundie churches preach against it. Two reasons: (1) interfering with "God's plan" for your reproduction and (2) methods of IVF create more embryos than are needed but then unused embryos can be disposed of, which is considered tantamount to abortion in their eyes.

Archived