IGNORED

My prettyful new dress!

FJismyheadship

I bought this dress at a local store for 13 dollars! The girl said it was "vintage" but I can't figure out what time period its from. I want to know in the event I decide I want more of these dresses, because I really like this one! The fabric is light enough that I don't get horrendously hot in this weather, its nice enough to wear to church, and I just like it! So, can anyone tell me what era it comes from? Please?

259961_10150224854441881_616766880_7587545_1819018_n.jpg

It looks like it could have been made by GunnySack. If it were it dates back to the late 70's or early 80's'.

It's very similar to my Mother's wedding dress (her's was a bit for fancy and, of course, all white) and she got married in '79. It's very pretty.

It's very similar to my Mother's wedding dress (her's was a bit for fancy and, of course, all white) and she got married in '79. It's very pretty.

After Lillybee said that about the Gunny Sack dress, I did a google search, and found one that looks like mine sort of... a wedding dress from the 70's the caption said.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3490/370 ... 4157_o.jpg

Thank you Lilly :)

Reckon I could infiltrate a fundie camp wearing that? (If you look at my picture, you'll see a bible in the corner, lol)

Yep, I'd say mid-70s to very early 80s. I would have killed for a dress like that when I was younger; I was really into historic garb, and that dress is Victorian (Edwardian?) -ish.

Looks vaguely Seventies, has New Dress a Day potential--I'd personally seam-rip the sleeves away et voila. :)

My older sisters wore gunny sax dresses like that back in the mid to late 70's. So pretty, I wish they still made super pretty gunny sax dresses.

Becky Moecraft-wannabe, here: the correct spelling is "Gunne Sax," if my memory isn't too baked. :). It might help you w searches. Good luck! I had a GS or two and loved'em.

Becky Moecraft-wannabe, here: the correct spelling is "Gunne Sax," if my memory isn't too baked. :). It might help you w searches. Good luck! I had a GS or two and loved'em.

Jessica McClintock is the designer if I remember right. I have a white fluffy mid-80's dress in my closet from her. She still does design, but the fashions have been updated. (at least I remember a store up through the early 2000's with her name on it in the mall where I worked.)

Yep, Gunne Sax and Jessica McClintock. Her husband Scott also had a lovely line. The prom I went to when I was a sophomore, I went in a Gunne Sax dress. But thin straps!

Ooh, it's gorgeous, whatever it is! I love vintage finds. I do bad, bad things to them, but they're so much fun to alter and play with! Are you going to keep it as is or alter it?

Probably keep it as it is. I get some interesting looks when I wear it out just to wear it lol

OMG, my high school prom dress that I swear I wore like 10 years ago is now considered vintage. Le sigh. :(

Oh, I would love that dress! Yep, it's from the 70s, when that whole Edwardian/Victorian-inspired style was the thing. My mom's wedding dress looks kind of like this too, and she made it herself.

Love it! Looks like my mother's wedding dress, except it was all cream-colored. Wish she had kept it, I would so have worn it for my own wedding.

I have two genuine Edwardian blouses that belonged to my grandmother and the sleeves of this dress, the neckline and top are very similar to them. The designers of your dress knew their stuff! It is beautiful, don't change a thing and, if you can, pass it on one day as an heirloom for the future.

Archived