IGNORED

‘Personhood’ Amendment Represents New Tack in Abortion Fight

Deleted12

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used to be an intern for NARAL in my old city and hadn't gotten into similar volunteer work once I moved.

Thank you everybody in this thread for inspiring me to fill out a volunteer application and drop it off at my local family planning clinic. I want to go back to being part of the solution. To quote the Duggars, I felt "called" to do it.

Thanks! Our daughters will benefit from it.

I have some volunteer work I still need to do for med school. Would volunteering at PP be too controversial? I noticed that ours said they needed volunteers. I don't have time to volunteer at two different places, but I don't want to shoot down my med school application. I would love to help that cause, though.

This is from the party that wants to elimate clean air and water regulations because they think that government is too big and have too regulations. Now they want to control my body, because they think that my healthcare provider and me can not make the best decision for my health. I call this BS.

I work in the Women Healthcare field, not im Mississippi, but in another f-ed up red state. Our fear is that if this passes in Mississippi, then it is open season for all other red states to do it. Let's just roll back women reproductive rights to the 1950.

This is from the party that wants to elimate clean air and water regulations because they think that government is too big and have too regulations. Now they want to control my body, because they think that my healthcare provider and me can not make the best decision for my health. I call this BS.

No shit, I got in an an argument in my sociology class with a Tea Party guy over the same thing. He said OWS is so disorganized that it is a joke, and that he could never take seriously a political movement without a platform. I was like, "Wait, your political party has yet to come out with a platform." He said, "We are against Big Government." And I said, "So you don't want government interfering in women's reproductive rights or for government to control marriage according to your own religious preferences, right?" He didn't respond (it's a message board) and the instructor sent me a PM to cool it.

No shit, I got in an an argument in my sociology class with a Tea Party guy over the same thing. He said OWS is so disorganized that it is a joke, and that he could never take seriously a political movement without a platform. I was like, "Wait, your political party has yet to come out with a platform." He said, "We are against Big Government." And I said, "So you don't want government interfering in women's reproductive rights or for government to control marriage according to your own religious preferences, right?" He didn't respond (it's a message board) and the instructor sent me a PM to cool it.

I hope he sent one to the tea party jerk, too!

He probably did. The prof does not like getting into debates, which sucks because it is sociology, the class with possibly the most room for intense disagreements.

Archived