IGNORED

Daughters of the Cult on Hulu

clueliss

Hulu has the new documentary series available now. Daughters of the cult and it focuses on a pair of women from the Erval LeBaron Cult. Just getting started on myself but wanted to let y’all know it was there.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 6

I mentioned it on the Sister Wives thread since Ervil murdered Christine Brown’s grandfather Rulon Allred. Who basically founded the AUB (which the Browns were part of).

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

It quickly dives into all the blood atonement stuff.

I think I’ve read a memoir/autobiography from a girl who had been in this group.  But I can’t remember who it was by or the title.  

hang on.  A bit of Google-fu and found it.

The Polygamist’s Daughter.  Anna LaBaron.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, clueliss said:

I think I’ve read a memoir/autobiography from a girl who had been in this group.  But I can’t remember who it was by or the title.  

hang on.  A bit of Google-fu and found it.

The Polygamist’s Daughter.  Anna LaBaron.  

Yes, Anna is in this documentary. 

55 minutes ago, clueliss said:

It quickly dives into all the blood atonement stuff.

Blood atonement was used as the excuse for the murders in “Under the Banner of Heaven.” 

• Upvote 4

I liked the documentary, it was interesting to hear the stories of the siblings. It was a little spotty - overly dramatic build up in some parts - but not enough explanation of some of the violence and who was who in others. I do want to read the book. A side question - is there any particular significance to the names they choose? Are they biblical? Regional? Ervil and Heber and Ulron and so on aren’t names I’ve heard elsewhere. 

@Mama Mia, many of these unusual names come from the Book of Mormon. The spelling of Hyrum is the one used by Joseph Smith’s brother.

• Thank You 1

Nephi and Moroni are the two I always remember! They were in the Book of Mormon. 

• Upvote 2