• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GreyhoundFan

• 47of74

• ADoyle90815

• fraurosena

So now I have the 1960s Batman tune in my head... 

image.thumb.png.c3ed853b93acbd8f00ed561d1bbabae4.png

• Upvote 5

image.png.9e5bc07d00e5fb4c772459aef71756fe.png

"Prigozhin Office Pool"

If you had “plane shot down by missile” in your Yevgeniy Prigozhin office pool, congratulations. You probably won.

Probably won? What does that mean? Right now, it’s speculated that Prigozhin is dead because his name was on the manifesto of the plane that suddenly nosedived into Russian turf outside Moscow.

I was talking to my son about this last night before I went to the debate party here in Atlanta and after. He won’t accept that Prigozhin is dead until he hears something official but for me, anything “official” from Russia is about as trustworthy as anything from Donald Trump. The way I see it, if Russia is saying Prigozhin is dead, then he’s dead.

I don’t think Russian President Vladimir Putin would let the news be announced to the world that Prigozhin is dead unless they know he’s dead. If Prigozhin suddenly pops up alive, that’ll be devastating to Putin. He wants Russians to know what happens to his enemies. Also, Putin knows everything that goes on in Russia. If Prigozhin was supposed to be on the plane but stepped off or failed to show, Putin would know. The plane would not have had its “accident” if Prigozhin wasn’t on it.

Putin kills critics. He had a female punk band thrown into prison for saying bad things about him. He had Alexei Navalny imprisoned for the crime of surviving his assassination attempt and just this month, he was given an additional 19 years for “extremism.” So, what would you expect Putin would do to a guy who tried to overthrow him?

I think it should be noted in the west every time one of Putin’s critics is murdered for opposing him because the leading candidate for the Republican nomination is a man who aspires to be the kind of president that Putin is. Donald Trump is probably on his way to the Fulton County Jail right now wishing he could do to his enemies what Putin does to his.

• Upvote 5

4 hours ago, fraurosena said:

So now I have the 1960s Batman tune in my head... 

image.thumb.png.c3ed853b93acbd8f00ed561d1bbabae4.png

And now I do, too.  Thanks a LOT!

• Upvote 4

IMG_4531.jpeg.5b1b45b1615a24f73d7556136d857de7.jpeg

• Upvote 6

IMG_4532.thumb.jpeg.72d219e02c1fc389515fad66f8e89a18.jpeg

IMG_4533.jpeg

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 6

image.png.635ff08d7799c3ca06329aa3b739fa1e.png

"P01135809"

I have a good memory for remembering things I read, viewed, and witnessed, but I suck at numbers.

I know important ones, such as 081590, which is my son’s birthday, and historical ones like 12071941 and 09112001, but the only three phone numbers I know by heart are 877 CASH NOW (if I sing it), 1-877-KARS 4 KIDS, and 867-5309. The only reason I don’t know how to call Jessie’s girl is because Rick never mentioned it in the song.

There is another number I can recite and whenever I put it into a cartoon, I don’t need to double-check, and that’s 11,780. Soon, I believe I’ll be able to recite P01135809 from memory which is Donald Trump’s inmate number for the Fulton County Jail.

Donald Trump’s mugshot, which we believe he was attempting to look menacing in, will become the most shared presidential picture in history. Donald Trump is the only president (sic) to be impeached twice, to be indicted, arraigned, and arrested four times, and the only president (sic) to have a mugshot and inmate number.

Donald Trump Jr. is proud of his daddy’s mugshot and tweeted it out this morning with a statement that his father was coming for the Deep State. But your father having a mugshot and an inmate number is nothing to be proud of. Most people try to hide that shit about their parents. People make mistakes and life happens, but Donald Trump Jr’s daddy tried to illegally overturn an election he lost, deny millions of their votes and civil rights, ordered an insurrection and coup attempt and tried to have himself installed as a fascist dictator. And you’re proud?

Donald Trump doesn’t look menacing or intimidating in his mugshot. He doesn’t look like a man of resolve and with a strong will. He looks like a drunk brought in for missing child support payments. And with the way he lowered his head to give us the “grrr” look, it highlights the thinning of his bleached hairplugs.

And when Trump finally does debate, whether it’s against his fellow Republicans or President Joe Biden, his opponents should only refer to him as P01135809.

Creative note: I got this idea last night while eating wings at Hooters. Shut up. Hooters was the only place open by the time I showered to get all the sweat and MAGAt gunk off me after covering Trump’s arrest. I’m not in New York City. Atlanta shuts down. I’m sure there are some joints still open after 11 P.M. in Atlanta, but they’re not the ones I wanna go to. But anyway, I got this idea while eating chicken wings and I thought then that someone else will also probably think of it, but screw it. I like it. Plus, it’ll be pretty quick to draw and I can move on and get busy on my CNN stuff.

And that’s why I’m staying in Atlanta through today, so I don’t have to travel while working on my CNN stuff. However, I did travel while drawing up roughs and ideas for CNN after the Miami and Washington Trump arrests.

The Miami thing wasn’t my fault. I planned it so I would arrive back home by 8 A.M, and I could have taken a short nap and then gotten to work. But Amtrak had different plans and got me home at 1 P.M, so I was drawing up ideas on the train.

Washington worked out great. I drew a few ideas Friday morning in my hotel and drew a few more on the short train ride home (about an hour), and sent them in. By the time I got home around 2 P.M, my editor had picked an idea. Yay.

I’ve done this before while traveling for other reasons. When I traveled to Indiana for my niece’s wedding, I left early so I could spend all of a Friday in a hotel room drawing for CNN instead of traveling on that day. I did that in Indianapolis and left for Kokomo on Saturday morning. I did the same thing when I traveled to Louisiana for my brother’s celebration of life. I left early so I wouldn’t have to travel on a Friday.

I’m dedicated.

• Upvote 3

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic