IGNORED

Charles and Camilla 2

samurai_sarah

16 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

His father was defeated then committed suicide and his mother had agreed to send her son to  Britain alone then later deciding to go with him but She was Ill and died soon after. The boys maternal grandmother sent QV a letter asking her to care for him.  

You believe the British were committing an act of kindness, and this was an act of charity. Hm.

Edited by Jackie3
  • Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 1

On 5/29/2023 at 12:00 AM, tabitha2 said:

His father was defeated then committed suicide and his mother had agreed to send her son to  Britain alone then later deciding to go with him but She was Ill and died soon after. The boys maternal grandmother sent QV a letter asking her to care for him.  

If that’s true, the whole thing is another no-real-story-there story. Who exactly wants him back then, if his family sent him to the UK without pressure? And why go again the families wish? 

4 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

If that’s true, the whole thing is another no-real-story-there story. Who exactly wants him back then, if his family sent him to the UK without pressure? And why go again the families wish? 

Given the circumstances, it's possible that the agreement wasn't made without pressure. Women and children suffer in war, and the son of a defeated king is going to be in danger from the victors due to the risk of him growing up to become a figurehead of a rebellion/movement to put the rightful king on the throne. So there may not have been explicit pressure but the Queen decided that the safest thing to do under the circumstances was to entrust him to the British.

I think the prince's own letters had spoken of his wish to go home

• Upvote 12

• 2 weeks later...

Who's idea was this?

4c7fc5f127c8-queen-camilla-jumpsuit.jpg.72741543cab7bdcd131a03c6fc64edd9.jpg

This is a Queen? The previous Queen had much better taste.

Edited by Jackie3

5 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Charles doesn't seem very angry that his son has been the victim of illegal hacking all his life. Instead, he seems angry that Harry objects to it.

If that were my kid, I'd be livid at the press!

Is trooping the colour another bit of pageantry that will or should be going away in the not far distant future?  How many soliders passed out just during the rehearsal?  

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

Is trooping the colour another bit of pageantry that will or should be going away in the not far distant future?  How many soliders passed out just during the rehearsal?  

Well, it's been around in one form or another since the reign of Charles II in the 17th century, so I doubt it's going anywhere anytime soon. I don't know when exactly it was decided, but sometime in the 18th century it became synonymous with the official observance of the sovereign's birthday, no matter when their birthday actually was. I'm sure it could be changed to a date less likely to be hot enough to cause soldiers to faint--I mean, Charles's birthday is in November!-- but considering how slowly things change with regards to the royal family, it would likely take a hundred years or so!🥴

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

I would be surprised if they got rid of Trooping the Colour. It's also hard to do at a different time because the whole point is to do it in the late spring/early summer when the weather is nicer. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, viii said:

I would be surprised if they got rid of Trooping the Colour. It's also hard to do at a different time because the whole point is to do it in the late spring/early summer when the weather is nicer. 

Well if global warming continues, they'll move it up in the year.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/12/2023 at 8:47 PM, Jackie3 said:

Who's idea was this?

4c7fc5f127c8-queen-camilla-jumpsuit.jpg.72741543cab7bdcd131a03c6fc64edd9.jpg

This is a Queen? The previous Queen had much better taste.

I believe it was Tom & Lorenzo who said Queen Cam is boring and staid with never a belt to be seen.

She's damned either way. If she's too flashy, she'll be criticized If she's too mumsy, she'll be criticized. Might as well be comfortable.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 3

She has a tough figure to dress and either her favorite designer or she loves the down the front seams that I personally don't like and I think quite frequently they do Camilla a disservice.  The seamed tops on the dresses and then the very flare skirts don't make me love them.  Those pants are too close to clown pants for me.  The Queen settled on kind of sack like dresses with straight coats in her older years.  They were made exciting by the colors, fabrics, decorative additions or her jewelry choices and the adorable hats.  Camilla might need quieter outfits with more hats and jewelry.  

• Upvote 7

4 hours ago, keen23 said:

She's damned either way. If she's too flashy, she'll be criticized If she's too mumsy, she'll be criticized. Might as well be comfortable.

Oh, I think she damned herself this time. That outfit is not flattering. 

In Trooping the Colors today, Charles rode a horse which was the first time the monarch had done so since 1986. 

Also, the pictures of Charles on the horse in full uniform he looks just like Phillip. 

Riding on horseback begins him were William,  Edward, and Anne. 

• Upvote 2

They all looked great. 

Camilla looked absolutely ridiculous. 

Kate and children looked predictable and boring with their theme dressing. 

I wasn't a fan of Camilla's mock military coat dress especially the embroidery on the rump.  (I know the real uniforms have it, but that could have been skipped.)  Of course, it was front seamed with too much flare in the skirt.  

• Upvote 2

Gosh his lower face sure does call in his dad.   I think Camilla looks fine but Kate's weird shade of green outfit with ? doohickeys? tacked on the weird fake pockets that are oddly high...at first I thought the doohickeys were over her nipples! On zoom in, the fabric of the collar, vertical, and horizontal....makes me think of LeeLoo's white tape outfit from  5th element.

• Upvote 1

Honestly, the royals should give up the conservative dress rules for women on public engagements. Both Camilla and Kathrine are from generations where pants are normal attire for women and not something scandalous. It gets boring the see them all the time in skirts only.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

Kate often wears pants for her engagements and last weekend Camilla wore a jumpsuit to her reading festival.

Trooping the Colour is a formal military event so I sould expect Kate and Camilla to wear dresses and hats.   As honourary Colonels they could also wear uniforms.

Edited by VGL
typo
  • Upvote 6

Kate wore green because this was her first TTC as colonel of the Irish guards.

When Camilla wore a jumpsuit last week, she got quite some flack for it.

I don‘t blame them for choosing conservative styles for TTC. It‘s a very traditional event. Same goes for the kids‘ attire.

Edited by prayawaythefundie
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

5 hours ago, prayawaythefundie said:

I don‘t blame them for choosing conservative styles for TTC. It‘s a very traditional event. Same goes for the kids‘ attire.

I don't understand why they constantly put George in a suit.  How many 9 year old boys wear suits all the time? If they want him to be relatable, let him wear a pair of khakis and a collared shirt. It's like they are trying to make him look "kingly" and dignified, but he his only a little boy so it doesn't really work.

He might also be more comfortable in ordinary clothes, which might help the worried look he always seems to wear. I'm am starting to wonder if he has a form of social anxiety. I hope not because that would make his future much more difficult.

6 hours ago, prayawaythefundie said:

Kate's outfit was designed by Andrew Gn who was born in Singapore.   The Earthshot prize ceremony will be held in Singapore later this year.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

I wish that Kate's dress didn't have the extra "buttons" on the fake pockets.  I think if they just stayed vertical it would have looked fine.  I liked that she wore green as a salute to the Irish Guards but didn't overdue it like Camilla did with too costume-y of an outfit. 

I loved watching the Wales family on the balcony.  You could tell that they are close.  When William put his hands on Charlotte's shoulders, she grabbed his fingers and pulled him tighter. 

Yesterday was the Order of the Garter procession.  Someone on Twitter found several pictures of Kate smiling at William during the procession each year and every picture when she sees him she almost seems to smile brighter like there is a secret joke.

• Upvote 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic