IGNORED

So who was behind the attack on Nancy Pelosi's husband

SPHASH

Yes it was intentional

The intruder confronted the speaker’s husband in their San Francisco home shouting, “Where is Nancy? Where is Nancy?” according to the source. The man who assaulted Paul Pelosi tried to tie him up “until Nancy got home,” according to two sources familiar with the situation. When the police arrived, the assailant was saying he was “waiting for Nancy.”

“This was not a random act. This was intentional,” San Francisco Police Chief William Scott said during a news conference on the investigation, adding, “It’s wrong. Our elected officials are here to do the business of their cities, their counties, their states and this nation. Their families don’t sign up for this to be harmed and it is wrong.”

Scott said authorities are still determining a motive in the attack, but they intend to book the suspect on felony charges.

“The suspect is still in the hospital, but let me say this: we intend to book the suspect, whether it’s in absentia or whether it’s in person – he will be booked for felony charges,” he said in a news conference Friday evening without providing additional details.

If I was a democratic member of Congress I'd sleep with a loaded weapon in my nightstand.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

Sadly, there is no decency in the GQP:

• Disgust 2
  • WTF 7

14 hours ago, SPHASH said:

I think Loud Marge had a hand in it.  See her tweet from Thurs

20221028_223859.jpg

Wow. I really hope she is being grilled over that tweet. 

Imagine the reaction if it had been the spouse or significant other of a R member of Congress. I have no doubt the Ds would be criticizing the act of violence and calling for peaceful ways to disagree. The constant violent rhetoric from the far right keeps coming out in the actions of their followers but none of them stand up and tell their followers to stop. No, they keep on encouraging it. It almost got Paul Pelosi killed and someday it WILL get someone killed. It is enraging. 

• Upvote 9

The rethuglikans are nothing if not consistent in their nastiness. 

• Disgust 3
  • WTF 5

13 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

The rethuglikans are nothing if not consistent in their nastiness. 

Elon Fucking Musk retweeted something along these lines at Hilary Clinton. Leaving aside my frustration that the right keeps using LGBT status as a gotcha, where the fuck do people GET this shit?

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

I‘m furious Musk bought Twitter. He doesn‘t give a shit about ordinary people and democracy. And still I know several Tesla fanboys who worship him despite how he‘s been acting. UGH.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

If you wanna give yourself some nausea go check out r/conservative. They're spreading the it was a gay lover conspiracy mere hours after crowing about being better than "the left" and not celebrating violence. Good stuff.

• WTF 3

57 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

If you wanna give yourself some nausea go check out r/conservative. They're spreading the it was a gay lover conspiracy mere hours after crowing about being better than "the left" and not celebrating violence. Good stuff.

I am so sick of all of this. This country is going to topple at the rate we are going. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

I am so tired of being teh ebil ghey being this huge gotcha on the right. Let's say that it was Mr. Nancy fighting with his gay lover for the sake of argument. What the fuck does that prove re: Nancy's ability to lead? I FUCKING HATE being LGBT being this big OMG on the right. LGBT isn't a disease, it's fucking people living their fucking life.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 8

Also, if this had been a woman attacking him, and even if there had been fake theories (or, for the sake of argument, even substantiated theories) about that woman being a prostitute and/or affair of Mr Nancy, all the blame would have fallen on the woman because she was hysterical/delusional/emotional/whatever. No one would have blamed Pelosi for having been attacked. But there is a whiff of gayness in the air and that apparently taints by association.

The guy was attacked in his home with a hammer, why don’t people get that that’s not okay even if he had been planning to have an orgy with California‘s entire union of nudist prostitutes? Ugh.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

8 hours ago, Shrubbery said:

The guy was attacked in his home with a hammer, why don’t people get that that’s not okay even if he had been planning to have an orgy with California‘s entire union of nudist prostitutes? Ugh.

I was telling my husband that if there was an iota of truth in all of this, he could have done better than this loser. 

• Upvote 4

And yet another person hits a low. My best friend has a former co-worker she is friends with on FB. This woman is a devout Christian of course. Post #1 "Democrats calling for hammer control". Post #2 lyrics to "If I had a hammer". Person is of course unfriended. I wonder if she would be so glib if it was a child that was attacked or a loved one? Of course not. Disgusting. 

• WTF 7

Well, turns out Paul Pelosi's attacker has a Canadian passport. Of course he does. We already looked bad enough with our truckers occupying Ottawa this year, now this? 😆

• Upvote 2