IGNORED

Charles and Camilla

QuiverFullofBooks

I think Charles is also at peace in his personal life, which will help. He is well settled in his marriage and seems to enjoy being a grandpa to the local grandchildren he has. I’m hoping this means that his relationship with William is better now too, because I know (well, according to rumours) even as little as 5 years ago they didn’t get along very well. 

• Upvote 6

Fathers and sons esp eldest sons hardly ever get along, understand  or even like each other much in the BRF and never have. It’s just in the genes I suppose. But time has a way of mellowing people if they Let it and W&K are obviously letting him have a close relationship with the grandchildren so that’s hopeful. 

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Love 1

Charles is worth $420 million and he STILL needs to take money from terrorists families? 

A man that wealthy should be able to resist the urge to influence-peddle. But Charles  is not above taking cash from the Saudis. Or giving away British titles to the highest bidder.

The Saudis, though. They were trying to kill Harry when he was in Afghanistan, and Charles is OK with taking their money?  

• Downvote 4

On 8/1/2022 at 9:54 AM, tabitha2 said:

So has Williams “Cheating” and his Bum activities:)  but He has not done anything legally wrong that can be held against him. There is not much more to say.if you don’t like Charles of course you will believe the worst of him I suppose.

Defending adultery! Interesting.

Isn't Wills due to be Head of the Church of England one day? Have they changed their position on adultery?

I know it prohibits gay marriage. From the Church's website

The law prevents ministers of the Church of England from carrying out same-sex marriages.

I honestly do not know the Church's position on pegging. Does the Church even know what pegging is?

On 8/1/2022 at 1:49 PM, prayawaythefundie said:

William is more popular and I believe that‘s exactly why he has been targeted lately.

Or maybe. . . he's been cheating? That's possible too.

On 8/1/2022 at 7:30 AM, tabitha2 said:

It looks worse than it is.He was unwise to take this money but The funds went into the Non profit  the Bin Laden family is huge, heavily donate to charities  and the majority disclaimed and distanced themselves from Osama long ago. In any case the Prince and involved charities were   Cleared of wrong doing when the incident occurred and no laws  or regulations were found to have been broken under British law. It’s just tabloid dredging for headlines really.   

I'd be careful about defending a terrorist's family.

Charles has $420 million. He couldn't have spent some of that, instead of taking a couple mill from a terrorist family? They may not be Osama, it's true, but they helped fund the war in Afghanistan. The war Harry fought in. It's pretty sick of him to take that money, for that reason alone.

Charles also makes money selling British titles and citizenship, read up on it! It's all out there, in reputable publications. Unless you call the NYT a tabloid?

But defend terrorists, if you must. It's a good look!

Edited by Jackie3
  • Downvote 5
  • WTF 1

1 hour ago, Jackie3 said:

Defending adultery! Interesting.

Isn't Wills due to be Head of the Church of England one day? Have they changed their position on adultery?

I know it prohibits gay marriage. From the Church's website

If we want to believe baseless rumors, well Harry doesn't come off as clean at all. 

There were rumors of him receiving blondes when he was supposed to be isolating because of covid restrictions after getting in the UK for Diana's statue unveiling IIRC and a ton of rumors about him cheating on about every girlfriend he ever had while Will's Rose story was publicly debunked by the same man that created it, who admitted he invented it out of nowhere. There are also a lot of voices about M and H being unfaithful to each other, does the fact that this voices exist make them true? No, you could scream about basically everything on the internet, being loud about it doesn't make it true. 

• Upvote 10
  • Love 2

On 8/6/2022 at 1:09 AM, Chiari said:

If we want to believe baseless rumors, well Harry doesn't come off as clean at all. 

There were rumors of him receiving blondes when he was supposed to be isolating because of covid restrictions after getting in the UK for Diana's statue unveiling IIRC and a ton of rumors about him cheating on about every girlfriend he ever had while Will's Rose story was publicly debunked by the same man that created it, who admitted he invented it out of nowhere. There are also a lot of voices about M and H being unfaithful to each other, does the fact that this voices exist make them true? No, you could scream about basically everything on the internet, being loud about it doesn't make it true. 

Well, adultery is wrong no matter who does it. 

• Eyeroll 2

• 4 weeks later...

I know we're already discussing it in his mother's thread, but Charles is now, Charles III, King of the UK.

• Upvote 1

It was very interesting listing to the BBC today. The reporters were very careful to say KING Charles. There was a definite pause before King and you could tell they did not want to mess it up. 

• Upvote 6

29 minutes ago, KnittingOwl said:

It was very interesting listing to the BBC today. The reporters were very careful to say KING Charles. There was a definite pause before King and you could tell they did not want to mess it up. 

I am fairly sure that at one point yesterday the newsreader referred to the Queen when they meant the King, but I had the news on in the background while I was puttering around trying to unblock the kitchen sink, so I may have misheard.

• Upvote 3

I liked his tribute to his mother. Didn’t he always get a bad rap for being too sensitive? Maybe he’ll be more “personable” as King and Sovereign leader and bring a softer edge to the RF? 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/uk-62842089

Charles' first 50 seconds meeting with the Prime Minister. He's just so personable and there's a warmth to him that has usually been lacking when it comes to the Crown. When he said that it's the moment he's been dreading but he's just trying to get on with things, I really related to him with the loss of my grandma. I think about how hard it's been to lose her and think about my own mother and yes - it's the moment you're dreading. I pray that I don't have to face my moment for many more years yet. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 8

I thought Charles first speech was very nice. He gave off a grandfatherly vibe. I think he will be just fine as king. I still seems so weird that the queen is gone. But it's normal to feel like there is a bit of a void when someone has been on the throne for 70 years. I'm looking forward to seeing how Charles and Camilla go forward in their new roles. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

Our media is already writing King Charles and Queen Camilla … I have mixed emotions. I know that this is how it must be, but it feels so fast.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, SoSoNosy said:

She has definitely seemed to be good for him.  

I really believe that if Charles had been married to anyone less beloved than Diana, his marriage to Camilla would be considered a beautiful story of true life overcoming all odds, even the approval of a stodgy, old fashioned Royal family. 

• Upvote 18

1 hour ago, sableduck said:

I really believe that if Charles had been married to anyone less beloved than Diana, his marriage to Camilla would be considered a beautiful story of true life overcoming all odds, even the approval of a stodgy, old fashioned Royal family. 

I completely agree, and also if he had kept his ongoing relationship with Camilla a little more subtle.  He was so stand-offish with Diana even before things went more public, anybody could guess something was going on.  That marriage was just tragic from the first day.  Even before, when he bought her engagement ring instead of giving her a piece out of the Royal jewel box.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, SoSoNosy said:

I completely agree, and also if he had kept his ongoing relationship with Camilla a little more subtle.  He was so stand-offish with Diana even before things went more public, anybody could guess something was going on.  That marriage was just tragic from the first day.  Even before, when he bought her engagement ring instead of giving her a piece out of the Royal jewel box.

At least by buying it, it belonged to her and her sons were able to decide what to do with it between themselves instead of it going back in the royal vault after the divorce.

• Upvote 14

Of all the things Charles did, letting Diana pick the ring she wanted to wear doesn't make the problem list to me.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 10
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, sableduck said:

The marriage of Charles and Diana was promoted as a beautiful story (I read the papers at the time.). But it wasn't. It was all a facade. So whether the public considers a marriage to be "beautiful" is really, really unrelated to the reality.

Edited by Jackie3
  • Upvote 1
  • Bless Your Heart 1

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic