• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GreyhoundFan

• ADoyle90815

• 47of74

• WiseGirl

image.png.3c508f4fdf540d863ccf1034455aeba6.png

"Mr. Zelensky goes to Washington"

As Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelensky virtually addressed Congress today, I wondered, “What did they do with Lauren Boebert, Marjorie Taylor Greene, Matt Gaetz, Louie Gohmert, and Madison Cawthorn? For that matter, how dare any member of the Republican Party attend who had refused to impeach Donald Trump for his attempt to extort the Ukrainian president.

During President Biden’s State of the Union address to Congress, Lauren Boebert and Marjorie Taylor Greene heckled and cackled like mean girls throughout his speech. In order not to risk further embarrassment to his party, or even worse, the nation, did Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy lock them in the congressional basement? There’s no real reason for the most ridiculous members of Congress to attend anyway since none of them have ever expressed any interest in doing their jobs. Did Marco Rubio tweet a selfie with Zelensky on the monitor behind him to show he’s not a ridiculous individual?

Did pro-Russian flunkies Jim Jordan and Devin Nunes attend? Maybe Vladimir Putin could have given the Republican response.

The Republican Party refused to punish Donald Trump for the crime of trying to extort a foreign president, which he did by withholding military aid funded by Congress until Zelensky gave him the political dirt he wanted. This was aid intended to protect Ukraine from a Russian invasion. This was a crime yet the entire Republican Party refused to take it seriously and instead, made excuses for their corrupt leader. It’s illegal for a political campaign to receive donations from a foreigner, especially a foreign government.

Republicans are still claiming it’s a hoax that Russia helped Donald Trump, yet there’s a recording they ignore of him explicitly asking a foreign government to dig up dirt on a political opponent.

Now, the same goons who were OK with Trump’s extortion attempt are all wearing stern and serious-looking faces while they talk about creating a no-fly zone over Ukraine and other means to support that nation. They should have taken it seriously when Trump used military aid to grift Volodymyr Zelensky instead of wasting the past two years repeating Rudy Giuliani’s ridiculous crap about Hunter Biden and his laptop. Hey, why doesn’t Rudy go to Ukraine now to continue his investigation into Hunter Biden? No? Why not?

President Zelensky thanked the U.S. for its assistance but pleaded for more. He compared Russia’s assault on the Ukrainian people to the attack on Pearl Harbor and said it was like a daily 9/11. He played a graphic video of Russia’s assault on the Ukrainian civilian population, including the attacks on children.

Yesterday, President Biden signed into law a bill that includes $13.6 billion for assistance to Ukraine. After Zelensky’s speech, he announced an additional $800 million to support Ukraine’s defense against Russia.

As much as we would like to help Ukraine, we still can’t get involved in the fighting. A military conflict between the United States and Russia, as inept of a military as they are, will widen the war into a much larger conflict that would involve even more nations. A war between the U.S. and Russia could eventually lead to nuclear warfare as Vladimir Putin may be unstable. Do you want to play a game? A no-fly zone over Ukraine enforced by NATO takes us from hyperboles about World War III to a very real possibility of U.S. and NATO jets shooting down Russian jets.

The Republican Party didn’t just allow Donald Trump to extort the president of Ukraine. They sat back and watched him try to destroy NATO. If the Republicans had their way, there wouldn’t be a NATO today preventing Putin from extending his war beyond Ukraine.

The GOP is best at being the Party of No, giving empty criticism, creating lies, heckling, taking selfies while giving out classified information, and spreading conspiracy theories. Let’s let the adults figure out how best to help Ukraine.

• Upvote 8

image.png.08e49ec14f5387ab13e3e6c8dfcf1434.png

"Night And Day"

Eric Trump went on Sean Hannity’s Fox News show a couple nights ago and pushed the laughable idea that his father was tough on Putin and the Russian dictator never would have considered invading Ukraine while Eric’s daddy was president (sic).

Eric said, “My father would have called up and would have said, ‘Vladimir, don’t even think about it, don’t even try us.'” Eric is basically still in the mindset of my daddy can beat up your daddy. Eric, your daddy got his ass kicked by Nancy Pelosi. Your daddy got his ass kicked by Hillary Clinton. Your daddy got his ass kicked by Barack Obama. Your daddy got his ass kicked by Joe Biden. Eric, your daddy got his ass kicked by Greta Thunberg.

And, Eric, your daddy’s ass was owned by Vladimir Putin.

It’s stupid, laughable, and ridiculous to even suggest that Putin didn’t invade Ukraine while Trump was president (sic) because he was afraid of him. Trump, the guy who was afraid of getting his hair wet during a ceremony for war dead, is tough? The guy who needs two hands to hold a glass is a badass? If Donald Trump was ever going to kick Putin’s ass, for Trump’s sake, let’s hope Putin’s not at the top of the stairs. Donald Trump is afraid of rain, stairs, cups without handles, strong women, and black women especially.

Donald Trump built a reputation of being tough from a reality TV show where his catchphrase was “you’re fired.” But in real reality, he always sent an underling to do his firings because he is a coward. He couldn’t even fire Omarosa. He even chickened out when she called him and blamed someone else.

If Vladimir Putin was afraid of Donald Trump, then why did Putin help Trump win the 2016 election? Why did Putin endorse Trump if he’s afraid of him? Putin was afraid of Hillary Clinton and I don’t blame him because she was going to kick his ass.

People are typically not afraid of their subordinates, especially ass-kissing subordinates. Trump was kissing Putin’s ass before he ever met him. Trump loves Putin so much, he was lying about meeting the guy before he met him. Trump thought being on the same TV show with Putin, even though they weren’t on it together, qualified as meeting him.

It’s bad enough Donald Trump was a poodle for Putin, but it’s worse he betrayed his nation to do it. When Trump took the oath of office, it was for an office Putin gave him. Part of that oath is a promise to defend your country. When the time came for Trump to defend America, he instead defended Vladimir Putin.

While Putin was stacking his army around Ukraine, Trump said it was a “savvy” strategy and called Putin a “genius.” Three weeks into this war and we know now that Putin is NOT a genius. This military “genius” is running out of fuel, armor, food, and troops for his war. Vladimir Putin seriously underestimated Ukraine, which is now threatening to become his Stalingrad. Speaking of Stalingrad, Putin is about as much of a military genius as was Adolf Hitler, Benito Mussolini, and Saddam Hussein.

People like Trump, Mike Pompeo, Mike Pence, and every Republican and NRA member who’ve taken vacations to Moscow to see a white nationalist utopia up close, believe that being a fascist dictator is the result of strong leadership skills. How many people called Hilter, Stalin, and Mao geniuses while they were killing millions of their own people? Donald Trump called Putin a genius shortly before he started bombing baby hospitals and kindergartens.

President Joe Biden doesn’t call Vladimir Putin a genius. President Joe Biden says Vladimir Putin is a “war criminal.” Biden probably called Putin that because he is a war criminal. The Kremlin says that’s “unforgivable.” The Kremlin has never criticized Donald Trump that way. What’s unforgivable is targetting civilians, including children, the way Putin has. What’s unforgivable is betraying your nation to be Putin’s toadie.

Eric Trump is the dumbest Trump, but to be fair, that’s like saying someone’s the dumbest in an elevator with Lauren Boebert, Marjorie Taylor Greene, Matt Gaetz, and Madison Cawthorn. The reason Vladimir Putin didn’t invade Ukraine during the Trump presidency (sic) is that he didn’t have to.

If Putin’s attack on Ukraine is all about NATO, then why would he have invaded Ukraine while Donald Trump was undermining and trying to destroy NATO?

Donald Trump was never tough on Putin. Joe Biden has been nothing but tough on Putin. Putin didn’t invade Ukraine because Biden is weak. Since the invasion began, Putin has learned just how tough Biden is.

Right now, Vladimir Putin is missing him some Donald Trump…because Donald Trump was NEVER tough on Vladimir Putin.

• Upvote 7

New one from Banksy.

FB_IMG_1647598883115.jpg

7 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Eric said, “My father would have called up and would have said, ‘Vladimir, don’t even think about it, don’t even try us.'”

Oh Eric, Eric, I can't even read that one without laughing. You're father was/is owned by Vlad, idiot..

• Upvote 8

image.png.3fdc6563e00b4d8e4e3ef2fc4ed433fd.png

"Don't Say 'Boom'"

Is it a coincidence that Vladimir Putin and Ron DeSantis are both homophobes?

The president of Russia claims there are no homosexuals in his nation. Ron DeSantis started a war against the LGBTQ and education community long before Russia invaded Ukraine.

After attacking educators over face mask mandates and saying parents should make those decisions, Ron DeSantis attacked kids whose parents had made the decision for them to wear face masks. Now, DeSantis is expected to take the hand that pointed that bony finger at those kids, and sign into law the “Parental Rights in Education” bill, which is more commonly known as the “Don’t Say ‘Gay”” bill. Basically, the bill is giving rights to pick on gay and trans children. Republicans are sweethearts.

While Vladimir Putin is literally killing children in hospitals, apartments, schools, theaters, etc, from the bombs he drops in what amounts to war crimes, Ron DeSantis is also attacking children for his own selfish political benefits. Conservative parents sure do love picking on children who look different whether they’re gay or non-white.

Look at what conservatives have done with anti-Critical Race Theory laws. They don’t change anything but they sure do make racists feel warm and squishy inside. These types of legislations are presented from the standpoint that conservatives are the victims.

If you teach that slavery was a bad thing, or that it even happened, then you’re making white conservatives feel bad about being white, or at least, that’s what you’re trying to do. This nation enslaved black people for over 200 years but talking about it now makes white people feel bad. If you mention anything about gender identity or sexual orientation, then a formerly straight third-grader may return home singing Barry Manilow’s “Copacabana.” We can’t have that. Pound your fist on your desk and say it with me, “WE CAN’T HAVE THAT!” Once that gay earworm gets in your head, there’s no coming back.

These Republican arguments make as much sense as Putin’s that he’s invading Ukraine to denazify it. Sure, there are Nazis in Ukraine, but there were probably more Nazis attacking the Capitol for Donald Trump on January 6, 2021. Can’t we denazify Mar-a-Lago?

I’m pretty sure nobody is teaching elementary students in Florida about gay sex, straight sex, or any sex. But being gay is something that should be acknowledged, and goddammit, normalized. The greatest fear of Republicans is that we’ll remove the stigmatization of being LGBTQ, and then a day will come where kids won’t be bullied for it anymore. Oh, the horror. How will future jocks who are unable to come to terms with their own confusing homosexual feelings supposed to cope if they can’t give gay kids swirlies? In case you’re a Republican, a swirlie is when you take a gay kid’s head and a toilet…oh, you already know what this is.

Ron DeSantis and Florida Republicans aren’t protecting children. They’re protecting their own hate.

Whether the wars are cultural or literal, Republicans, Ron DeSantis, and Vladimir Putin should leave children out of it. And personally, I’d be more than happy to give Ron DeSantis a swirlie.

• Thank You 6

Somewhere in Brooklyn, USA...(photo not mine)

Screenshot_20220320-081411.jpg

• Upvote 7
  • Love 5

I'll put this here in case anyone needs a pep rally this morning. As much as I like this positive video when asked if we can save democracy my answer is, "I'm not sure."

I'm so sorry mods if you could get rid of the first video, I would appreciate it. I know I posted it elsewhere and hit the wrong link to paste. Thank you!

Edited by GreyhoundFan
Edited at user request to remove extra video
  • Upvote 4

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic