IGNORED

(CW: CSA) Josh & Anna 50: Anna Breaking the Opposite of News about the Whodunnit of the Century

HerNameIsBuffy

II wonder what is in Anna's head.  Not about Josh so much, but about her.  her entire life was turned inside out - she grew up knowing her only option in life was to be a SAHM.   Is she thnking people - Jesus - will now support her for the rest of her life?   My brother dvorced his wife when she was 26 with three little kds.  He supported them all for the next 17 years - the baby was one.   She stayed home, bought horses, never worked or went to school.   Now the child support and alimony have run out and she's living with someone who she says mistreats her but she can't seem to get or keep a job or have any desire for school.  My Grandma always said 'she's too smart to have to work' and I wonder if Anna will be the same.   

• Upvote 11
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Idlewild said:

I wondered if they wanted some sort of medical evaluation? I know the Duggars don’t generally believe in any psychological disorders and think it can all be prayed away, but are prepared to do anything to reduce his sentence.

I think they (JB, attorneys, Anna) are willing to try anything, they have already started the appeal process so not surprised if they attempt to reduce the sentence as well.  If that includes a medical / pysch evaluation, sure I think they will suddenly not quite believe in going the "praying it away" route and do it. 

10 hours ago, sndral said:

WTF have they been doing the last 3-4 months? It’s not like finding Josh’s ‘friends,’ family, church, etc. to argue for mitigation is going to take any great detective work. 

Yep, it shouldn't be hard to find people who are willing to vouch for Joshley's "fine" character.  JB has probably found a few volunteers. 

• Upvote 3

39 minutes ago, nokidsmom said:

I think they (JB, attorneys, Anna) are willing to try anything, they have already started the appeal process so not surprised if they attempt to reduce the sentence as well.  If that includes a medical / pysch evaluation, sure I think they will suddenly not quite believe in going the "praying it away" route and do it. 

Yep, it shouldn't be hard to find people who are willing to vouch for Joshley's "fine" character.  JB has probably paid a few volunteers. 

Fixed it for you. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

It will be interesting to me who would possibly want to vouch for Josh. Doing so publicly brings on heaps of criticism and you would never live it down. Why would anyone want to take that on? It simply is not worth it. And then what happens when he finishes prison time and commits more egregious crimes? It all comes back to haunt those who spoke up for him.

Of course, except for Anna. I finally accepted since her last social media post that she’s a lost cause. Josh has groomed and masterly manipulated her since the beginning of their courtship. He knows all her vulnerabilities, just what to say, do and promise to keep her ever lovin loyal ass by his side, most especially now that she’s about the only person to stick with him. To paraphrase the Halsey song, she’ll follow him down all the darkest roads no matter how far, even to the graveyard.

• Upvote 6

34 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:
35 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

Yep, it shouldn't be hard to find people who are willing to vouch for Joshley's "fine" character.  JB has probably paid a few volunteers. 

Fixed it for you. 

JB is still throwing money at this case so if that's the only way to get someone to attest to Joshley's "character" yep I see it as very possible.  

9 minutes ago, Cam said:

It will be interesting to me who would possibly want to vouch for Josh. Doing so publicly brings on heaps of criticism and you would never live it down. Why would anyone want to take that on? It simply is not worth it. And then what happens when he finishes prison time and commits more egregious crimes? It all comes back to haunt those who spoke up for him.

Assuming that there is someone willing to do this even for money, yep, that would be the risk.  I suppose there might be people outside of Anna who believe in Joshley's innocence (or at least a good guy who made a mistake) but are they willing to go so far as to publicly declare this?   Even in the Duggar social / church / fundie circles, there's bound to be people disgusted with what Joshley has done, so are any defenders willing to stick their necks out and risk being ostracized by friends, neighbors, church community?  Is it going to be that important to them?

• Upvote 3

I also think their are people who believe that Josh is innocent. I still think that Josh is surprised he was convicted. 

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 6

Tbh in my career (in England) abusers, be they CSA, sexual or domestic, from privileged backgrounds generally trot out a few ‘upstanding’ members of their community, place of worship or whatever who will attest to what a great person they are, how they always found them trustworthy, polite and wouldn’t hesitate to have them around their family. It’s a subtle form of victim blaming ie they don’t behave badly around nice people, but it actually shows they pick their victims for a reason.

I’m sure we’ll hear how Josh does lots of good works etc. However, he will remain a POS in most people’s opinion.

• Upvote 15

55 minutes ago, Jana814 said:

I also think their are people who believe that Josh is innocent. I still think that Josh is surprised he was convicted. 

If the last few years have taught us nothing else, it's that some people can, and will, believe anything.

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 13

3 hours ago, Cam said:

Of course, except for Anna. I finally accepted since her last social media post that she’s a lost cause. Josh has groomed and masterly manipulated her since the beginning of their courtship. He knows all her vulnerabilities, just what to say, do and promise to keep her ever lovin loyal ass by his side, most especially now that she’s about the only person to stick with him.

She had plenty of reason to leave Josh years ago.   Between not knowing the full extent of the molestations because I believe she did not know or fully understand, plus the Ashley Madison scandal, she had plenty of reasons to leave him.  She didn't which is her right of course, but the fact remains that she stayed, was anxious to have him back while he was in Jesus Jail and then went on to have more children with him.   What would have been serious relationship deal breakers for others, she stuck around and yes, I think she has been manipulated by Josh since their early days.

She was clearly angry when he was convicted.   She still thinks there's "more to the story".  No, there isn't, honey, you have been played over and over.  Josh will continue to manipulate her from prison while she waits for his return, perhaps advocating for his release / innocence in the interim.

Perhaps with time and space she will wake up but honestly not hopeful.  The good thing about Joshley being put away is less about his wife seeing the light and more about that he is away from his kids since his wife obviously doesn't see any danger.

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 2

5 hours ago, SweetLaurel said:

I wonder what is in Anna's head.  Not about Josh so much, but about her.  her entire life was turned inside out - she grew up knowing her only option in life was to be a SAHM.   Is she thnking people - Jesus - will now support her for the rest of her life?

I see her as a Josh groupie, still proud to be the one chosen to join with him via Jesus.  I'm sure she's not as happy as she was before the molestation scandal, but still sees him as hers and part of her, plus seven (and, hopefully, not counting) kids.  If she doesn't stand up for him, who will?  She may see kicking him to the curb as both betrayal and failure on her part.

She probably thinks the Duggars will support her, and more certainly the kids, since she became one of them.  She's currently housed and fed, and appears to have had access to family resources; e.g., child care.  Perhaps there's some question as to whether/how divorce might change those things.

That said, what does she have to lose by waiting to find out where and for how long he's sentenced?  She's had time to adjust with a new baby and a divorce would be all over the media.  Looks like she'll have a quieter separation for at least five years, anyway.

• Upvote 12

Hillary Spivey and Justin are Joshley defenders, so I see them vouching for him. The Rebers opened their home to him (Mrs. Reber under duress). Then there’s gullible Pa Keller, and David Waller. Sad to say but the fucking felon still has groupies. I bet Mike Huckabee and Rick Santorum will nope out.

• Upvote 9

A supporter would just speak on the good attributes Josh has that they are aware of such as him taking care of someone when they were sick or volunteering for a good cause. They don’t have to state they believe he is innocent. Even admitted serial killers can have family members who speak on their behalf at sentencing. The point isn’t to prove Josh’s innocence because that’s not what what the hearing is about, it’s just basically a way to ask for mercy in sentencing by showing the defendant has a lot of good left in them. 

Anna has to believe there is more to the story or it means acknowledging that her marriage, if not her entire belief system, has all been a lie. 

Edited by socalrules
  • Upvote 9

Emily D Baker covered it and said she wouldn't be surprised if the judge granted the extension. She planned to attend the sentencing in person on April 5, if it is delayed a month not sure if she will attend. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

Anna has to believe there is more to the story or it means acknowledging that her marriage, if not her entire belief system, has all been a lie. She'll relish being a prison wife for Jesus and welcome the pig back with open arms when he gets out. If he bolts after he gets out, she'll still stay

This, and she will never acknowledge it. I agree with the person who said she totally identifies as one of the Duggars now, and I doubt that divorce would ever even enter her mind. And certainly not supporting herself or her children. She will stay in the warehouse or in the big house with her kids forever, totally expecting her and her brood to be supported and maybe seeing watching some other kids (maybe light housework, but that would be pushing it) as her contribution. When the pig gets out she will be ecstatic and try to get pregnant right away. If he bolts, she'll stay in Duggarland, totally expecting to be suported, and after he last kid leaves the nest she'll seque into a Grandma Mary situation.

If Josh divorces her, she might want to remarry, but who even in their circle, would want her? 

This would make such a great Tennessee Williams play.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 4

Duggar stock has tanked. Someone like Hillary, has she even spent much time with Josh enough to vouch for his character? It is one thing to support someone by showing up to court proceedings or house them prior to their court date. It is another thing use your own words publicly and vouch for someone after they have been convicted of csam.

Sure, lesser known privileged abusers may tote out others to speak for them in a far less public court case, but here you have a reality TV celebrity known and discussed across many different kinds of media platforms. To go on record and publicly say in your own opinion Josh is an upstanding guy after he has been convicted leaves you exposed to the negative media  onslaught and the court of public opinion. 

Like I said, it’ll be interesting if anyone takes that on.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Cam said:

Duggar stock has tanked. Someone like Hillary, has she even spent much time with Josh enough to vouch for his character? It is one thing to support someone by showing up to court proceedings or house them prior to their court date. It is another thing use your own words publicly and vouch for someone after they have been convicted of csam.

Sure, lesser known privileged abusers may tote out others to speak for them in a far less public court case, but here you have a reality TV celebrity known and discussed across many different kinds of media platforms. To go on record and publicly say in your own opinion Josh is an upstanding guy after he has been convicted leaves you exposed to the negative media  onslaught and the court of public opinion. 

Like I said, it’ll be interesting if anyone takes that on.

Hitler was nice to my dog.

• Upvote 3

Anyone has a guess as to what unfortunate brother will Boob pressure to speak on the felon’s behalf? There’s no such thing as a free lunch, and Boob is feeding a lot of people. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

52 minutes ago, Guanabana said:

Anyone has a guess as to what unfortunate brother will Boob pressure to speak on the felon’s behalf? There’s no such thing as a free lunch, and Boob is feeding a lot of people. 

Not sure a brother would go for it, but I could see JB trying to trot out Mr. Reber (to vouch for Josh's good behavior when in his custody), David Waller or another pastor (to preach about their relationship(s) with Josh, second chances, everybody being a sinner, and the sanctity of the family unit), and possibly Anna (to say how much she and the kids miss and need Josh).

• Upvote 5

It makes me sick to my stomach, but I could see Jessa speaking on Joshly’s behalf. 

• Disgust 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, onekidanddone said:

It makes me sick to my stomach, but I could see Jessa speaking on Joshly’s behalf. 

I could see her wanting to, but Jessa makes most of her money from monetised social media. It’s a hell of a gamble to hope your followers will buy the ‘love the dinner’ mantra for someone who watches child torture for kicks. 

• Upvote 4

Jessa wasn’t even at the trial. She also has four children. She would be under non-stop fire, and justly so, if she gets up and states that Josh is a swell guy. The man molested her. Her brand would be worthless. 

This is also an abuser whose own mother did not attend his trial. I hope none of his siblings vouch for him. Zero, zilch, kaput. We’ll see. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, Cam said:

This is also an abuser whose own mother did not attend his trial. I hope none of his siblings vouch for him. Zero, zilch, kaput. We’ll see. 

I didn’t realize that Michelle wasn’t at the trial. I agree that I hope none of this siblings vouch for him. 

22 minutes ago, Jana814 said:

I didn’t realize that Michelle wasn’t at the trial. I agree that I hope none of this siblings vouch for him. 

I don't think she showed up at all, if I remember correctly. I may be remembering wrong but I don't think JB showed up every day of the trial, either? Derrick and Austin were the two most reliable regulars, interestingly. And neither of them looked like they were supporting him in any way - though Derrick did seem to be kind to Anna.

I'm putting this in a spoiler because major triggers:

Spoiler

I am NOT linking it here, but Emma Kenny on youtube just yesterday did a deep dive into the "worst of the worst" CSAM that a part of was found on Josh's computer - the name of the video is the guy who made the CSAM video. I'd love all of Josh's supporters to watch that and explain exactly how he's "a nice christian guy" again. Be warned - her video does include the name of the video and some descriptions of what was done to the children - she doesn't go into deep detail of the abuse but what she does mention is traumatizing and explicit. Watch at your own risk. What Josh was watching was worse than you likely think.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 3

I would hope that JB wouldn’t entice anyone to provide a statement with $$$. The Seewalds come to mind. I think JB has the personal ethics of pond scum and the ease of  justification skills of Putin.

• Upvote 5

16 hours ago, Cam said:

Even some people in the Duggar bubble (family, friends, fellow churchgoers, etc) may finally realize that the public does see what Joshley did was really, really bad and not want to put their own reputation on the line.  They may privately show support, perhaps because they feel they have to, but when it comes to publicly saying anything....no way.

52 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

I don't think she showed up at all, if I remember correctly. I may be remembering wrong but I don't think JB showed up every day of the trial, either?

Michelle never showed up.  JB was there only a couple of days.   Not sure about Austin, but Derick attended every single day of the trial.  

• Upvote 3

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic