IGNORED

Elizabeth Holmes - Theranos Fraud Trial

Howl

• 3 months later...

Sunny B has lost his appeal and is headed to prison to begin his 13-yr sentence.  Ex-Theranos executive headed to prison after losing appeal   His lawyers suggested a report day of April 20, a week before Elizabeth Holmes is due to begin her 11-yr sentence on April 27. 

Elizabeth Holmes has requested that she not report to prison until after her appeal process is complete; the judge has not yet ruled on her request. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 7

Still curious as to why Sunny B was handed a longer sentence. There really didn't seem to be much difference in culpability.

• Upvote 3

On 4/7/2023 at 2:48 PM, Howl said:

Elizabeth Holmes has requested that she not report to prison until after her appeal process is complete; the judge has not yet ruled on her request. 

And still no ruling from the judge. It's 17 days until she's due to report to prison on April 27. 

• Thank You 2

Holmes' lawyers are making a last-ditch, Hail Mary  effort to get her conviction overturned, because something something blah blah, it was all Sunny Balwani's fault.  (Subtext: 2 bay-bees, so unfair)

If you want to know why this has zero chance of succeeding, read the judge's comments here when he sentenced her to 135 months. Short version:  FRAUD, there was MASSIVE FRAUD. 

NPR Read what a judge told Elizabeth Holmes before sending her to prison for 11 years

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 4

• 3 weeks later...

The New York Times did a baffling soft profile on Elizabeth on how motherhood is redeeming her. I'm sure that's cold comfort to all the people she hurt and scammed.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

On 5/8/2023 at 12:40 AM, Bluebirdbluebell said:

The New York Times did a baffling soft profile on Elizabeth on how motherhood is redeeming her. I'm sure that's cold comfort to all the people she hurt and scammed.

It's shocking, really, how the NYT fell for that level of manipulation.  

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

Her getting married and pregnant has always seemed manipulative to me. I’m incredibly skeptical of what she does though. I don’t understand why she’s not in jail. If she was a black woman, she would be. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 3

On 5/16/2023 at 1:48 AM, KnittingOwl said:

Her getting married and pregnant has always seemed manipulative to me. I’m incredibly skeptical of what she does though. I don’t understand why she’s not in jail. If she was a black woman, she would be. 

She has to report to jail by 5/30.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, marmalade said:

She has to report to jail by 5/30.

She was originally supposed to report April 27th. I think she’s been given a lot of leeway and privilege that others wouldn’t. 

• I Agree 3

16 minutes ago, KnittingOwl said:

She was originally supposed to report April 27th. I think she’s been given a lot of leeway and privilege that others wouldn’t. 

Absolutely agree. I won't feel like this is complete until she's behind bars.

• 2 weeks later...

She'll be up at 6am, and assigned to an open dormitory or in a cell with multiple cell mates.  She'll have a job.  Head count five times a day. Tan prison uniform.   It's prison. 

• Upvote 4