IGNORED

Blast from the Past ... Chelsea Pomeroy

danvillebelle

The holes in knees problem has been going on for a long time, as I recall, that was why English boys used to wear shorts all year round for so long, because kneesocks and shorts meant that they wouldn't get holes in the knees of trousers. Maybe Chelsea uses a similar reasoning? Don't know. But the fact that he is three and still in those ridiculous bonnets that are made for babies just annoys me. (I also tend to associate those bonnets on older kids with intellectual disabilities, as I knew a special needs kid who wore those until age 4/5 in order to prevent them from pulling hair out and hurting their head/ picking at their scalp too much. On that kid, the bonnets were adorable, but in retrospect, that kid had a degree of microcephaly, and George doesn't. Maybe on small headed kids they are cuter. I don't know.)

• Upvote 2

I love when it gets warm enough to wear shorts. My kids come home with dirty knees, but no holes. And I think it forces then to be careful. Because they have no knee protection. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

30 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I love when it gets warm enough to wear shorts. My kids come home with dirty knees, but no holes. And I think it forces then to be careful. Because they have no knee protection. 

Uh no! Expenditure on Elastoplast rises during the summer months. 😜

• Haha 3

I think Chelsea is a fan of prince William and Kate. Most royal boys don’t wear pants until they are older. And of course the name george.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

So both families had a little girl in kindergarten, and according to at least one picture today, they are part of the same group of friends. Wow. That must be so incredibly awkward for the families, and or their friends who know that they had a falling out but still probably invite both families to social events because the school is small and I can't imagine that there's more than one kindergarten class.

Graduating from? Fifth grade? Elementary school? Wow the kids do a lot of graduations today. We graduated from high school, that was it. Everything Great we just left. But one of my niblings literally has a graduation ceremony for every year of preschool.

• Upvote 4
  • Eyeroll 1

Yeah I know it must be awkward - Chelsea's husband is the principal. Nicole's husband is ex military current ?? FBI? 
I sometimes think if I ever travel and am close to Arkansas I'm going to the church. I won't say a word but I will silently geek out at all these people I've been following for 6 years. 

• Upvote 2

I think families can figure it out. I have a rather dramatic extended family. There have been fights. Yet everyone can still figure things out and get along on the surface at family reunions, weddings, and funerals. I’m sure these sisters can keep things cordial. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

• 1 month later...

Why do the older girls dress up so old so fast? Olivia Kate is wearing what looks like an 80s power suit in the latest photo….bright red, bright gold buttons, patent leather high heels. She’s 18! I guess she’s graduated now….is she dressing for the marriage market?

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, anachronistic said:

Why do the older girls dress up so old so fast? Olivia Kate is wearing what looks like an 80s power suit in the latest photo….bright red, bright gold buttons, patent leather high heels. She’s 18! I guess she’s graduated now….is she dressing for the marriage market?

Apostolic Pentecostals have a very strange style. I think it’s largely due to all their rules. Since they aren’t allowed to cut their hair, they come up with really complicated updos and curling styles. They aren’t allowed to wear make up or jewelry, so they go all out on other stuff. They will go all out on their clothing, shoes, and purses. It very often seems so dressy because of that. Plus this particular group tend to wear tops past their elbows and necklines all the way up. This means their clothing will look older. Most 18 year olds I know wear less clothing, not more. So the fact that they are so covered makes you think they are dressing older. 

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Markie said:

Nicole and Ricky had a baby boy, Barron Holmes. Five girls and a boy. 

Wow both sisters had a bunch of girls before they got their prized male baby. I bet both families are totally done now that they have sons.

Can someone list the names of all the kids in each family? I’m forgetting some. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 4

Nicole's: Olivia Kate, Caroline, Lucy Bea, Madeline, Elizabeth & Barron.

Not sure about Chelsea's.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

Chelsea’s must be Mary Grace, Abigail, Jane Claire, Charlotte, and George. 

9 minutes ago, FilleMondaine said:

Barron? Like the Trump kid?

Yes, and like Paris Hilton’s brother and grandfather. Barron means nobleman. So it’s not surprising she would pick it. Both Nicole and Chelsea pick names that sound like British aristocracy. I’m sure if they’d had more boys, there would be a William, Henry, and Charles in there too. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 7

37 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Chelsea’s must be Mary Grace, Abigail, Jane Claire, Charlotte, and George. 

Yes, and like Paris Hilton’s brother and grandfather. Barron means nobleman. So it’s not surprising she would pick it. Both Nicole and Chelsea pick names that sound like British aristocracy. I’m sure if they’d had more boys, there would be a William, Henry, and Charles in there too. 

They are also REALLY into Trump, so I wouldn't completely rule out that it was a homage. Didn't one of the little girls have a MAGA-themed birthday party, or am I imagining that?

• Upvote 9
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, mysweetetc said:

They are also REALLY into Trump, so I wouldn't completely rule out that it was a homage. Didn't one of the little girls have a MAGA-themed birthday party, or am I imagining that?

Kinda sorta? I remember that Abigail once had a birthday party with the theme as Make Birthdays Great Again, so the reference was there. She was the "president" that day, and had Jane Claire as her vice president. I forget exactly how old she turned that year but they were pretty young at that point--young enough that Jane Claire was still regularly wearing the Beaufort Bonnets.

• Upvote 5

Ugh tried to log in this morning as saw it posted the new baby. I am suspicious name is in honor of Donald trump. 
the whole 'he's finally got his son' comments; wow. Not surprising though.
 I saw on her stories a few weeeks ago she was selling a very girly cot and I thought she's either having another baby and it's a boy, or more likely she's done with having kids and given up on the boy  

I am excited to see all the new photos with baby brother though haha! 

• Upvote 2

Well, sixth times the charm I guess.

I think that Nicole must have either lost some pregnancies or used birth control between Olivia Kate and Caroline, because they are like eight years apart, and that's a lot. Then all of her others came quite close together, so I wonder if she got put on some thing that helped her fertility or something. Would it be against her religion to use IVF to get a boy? I'm pretty sure that there are no laws against it in the US. I have a cousin who was talking about doing it if their third turned out to be another of the same gender, but as it happened the third kid was of a different gender so they did not go anywhere with it. I've only ever heard of it happening openly for medical reasons… I think that a lot of people would look down on it if you wanted to choose your babies birth gender. 

• I Agree 1

And of course they’re showing him with a framed monogram and a sterling silver rattle. This kid will be every bit as much the little prince as Chelsea’s George. I’m eager to see what over the top outfits she comes up, and whether the girls will be forced to wear blues, whites and beiges because heaven forbid a boy should wear pink or peach. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

Nicole is really laying it in thick about the new boy. She has a caption in her stories about their golden haired boy. Clearly he is the golden child but that kid's hair looks distinctly light brown. Very similar in colour to my daughter's hair when she was a baby. My son on the other hand really did have a nice head of blond hair when he was born. It was quite obvious in pictures. 

Also at one day old they have what looks like a cross stitched or embroidered sign with his birth date and weight etc on it. Who takes the time to do this immediately after their child is born. Even if someone took it to a commercial place to get done. Like everything with Nicole and Chelsea, so over the top. 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, anachronistic said:

Would it be against her religion to use IVF to get a boy?

I don't know if it's against her religion, but IVF has risks (including increasing cancer risk) and even if it is succesful, the process is no joke. Miscarriage risk is high, too. Doing it just for choosing the sex sound nuts... They have 5 healthy children already. 

Anyway, how old is the youngest girl? IVF needs time. I doubt the process can be started while the woman is still recovering from a previous birth. So I think if Barron was an IVF baby the age gap between the 2 youngest would be bigger. 

13 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

Anyway, how old is the youngest girl? IVF needs time. I doubt the process can be started while the woman is still recovering from a previous birth. So I think if Barron was an IVF baby the age gap between the 2 youngest would be bigger. 

The last 3 seem to have been born in relatively quick succession. Didn’t she post recently about Elizabeth being one year old? I suspect they’ve spent the last 3 pregnancies trying for a boy and now they’ve got one, they’ll either quit or have a gap and then one more. I also suspect there was some competition between Chelsea and Nicole over who would finally have the precious boy, 

I normally like both Chelsea’s and Nicole’s naming style, but “Barron” - ugh. Obvious nod to Trump

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, Baxter said:

My son on the other hand really did have a nice head of blond hair when he was born. It was quite obvious in pictures. 

My son’s hair was almost black when he was born. Then it fell out, he had no hair for quite a while, but once it started growing again it was a very light almost white blond, and now at almost 3 he has beautiful blond hair (obviously as his mom I think he’s the most gorgeous little boy ever 😄). 

I wish I could see Chelsea’s instagram, it looks like she must have blocked me but I have no idea why. I certainly never interacted with her.

• Upvote 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic