IGNORED

Blast from the Past ... Chelsea Pomeroy

danvillebelle

1 hour ago, Caroline said:

Why are so many of these fundie women (+ Tim Jr.) such show-offs? So many selfies, house tours, screeds on the right way to raise kids, advice about topics they have very little experience with, etc.  Is it because that's the only control they have in their lives?

I totally agree that the excess of the Pomeroy Fam on display is sickening. She especially seems clueless about how normal people live.

I think these particular apostolic Pentecostals live in a very privileged bubble. I think the pomeroys have more money than some others in the church. But I wouldn’t be surprised if most are solidly middle class or higher. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

Do you all thing Chelsea secretly has a job? Like could she be secretly bringing in the big bucks for her family? Or maybe even working for the company that makes all these dresses? 

On 1/21/2023 at 7:17 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

On the 100th day of school, my kids do 100 activities. Like counting out one hundred Froot Loops to make a necklace out of it. Stuff like that. They definitely don’t dress up like elderly people. 

Same for my kids. They have to bring in 100 of something and then all the kids compare what that looks like. They usually decorate shirts or hats and have a parade. My daughter had to write what she thought she would be doing when she was 100. “Wearing glasses and working a lot.” In preschool, they actually made age-progressed photos of each of them, which was hilariously funny. No dressing up like elderly people though. It’s all focused on positive messages. Usually “I’m 100 days smarter!”

• Upvote 5

On 1/22/2023 at 2:32 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think Dr Seuss week is at the end of February. So the 100th day of school could overlap with that if you start school later in the year. Like September. We usually start in august. 

Dr. Seuss' birthday is March 2, so schools will usually do something close to that date. It's my daughter's birthday, so that's why I remember. 

Granddaughter #2 had to bring 100 of something in kinder and they did dress up as 100 years old in first grade. L had hair in a bun, with white powder in it, wrinkles made with make up, glasses with the lens taken out, and a cane. 

8 hours ago, ElizaB said:

Do you all thing Chelsea secretly has a job? Like could she be secretly bringing in the big bucks for her family? Or maybe even working for the company that makes all these dresses? 

No. I think she/her husband was born into money and they have a significant passive income from investing.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

The church does nothing for the community. No rough sleeper outreach, no food parcels for the needy. It's all about buying bigger and better things for the church. Jesus wept. 

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 3
  • WTF 1

6 hours ago, Smee said:

No. I think she/her husband was born into money and they have a significant passive income from investing.

Chelsea's mother co owns a cafe & catering business. Her father is never mentioned. 
Seth's mother didn't seem particularly affluent. 
I honestly have no idea how much he made in real estate but I imagine he is getting a very decent pay check as Principal of their churches school. I'll mention again he has no experience or education in education before getting this job. Talk about jobs for the boys. 

https://instagram.com/twosisterscateringandcafe?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

the food looks amazing but I'm EBF and always hungry 😂

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

Her sister, mum2oliviakatecaroline etc on IG made an almost incoherent baptism tribute to her 5 year old.  I have no idea what she’s talking about.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/24/2023 at 4:29 PM, Fallgirl30 said:

Her sister, mum2oliviakatecaroline etc on IG made an almost incoherent baptism tribute to her 5 year old.  I have no idea what she’s talking about.

The pictures from that post are scary, too. I'm assuming her kids are speaking in tongues in it but it looks more like they're in pain and terrified.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

7 hours ago, indianabones said:

The pictures from that post are scary, too. I'm assuming her kids are speaking in tongues in it but it looks more like they're in pain and terrified.

Pentecostals speak in tongues. I grew up baptist so the convent is intensely foreign and uncomfortable for me to watch. I just cringe anytime I see a clip of people doing it. 

In Chelsea-Nicole Feud news:

image.png.4e59d5c8463622fb4d8976c415c1e8f8.png

Is this Chelsea's Charlotte in Nicole's most recent post? There's not really a clear shot but it does look like her, and all Nicole's girls seem to be in pink whereas she's in blue.

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, Smeloise said:

In Chelsea-Nicole Feud news:

image.png.4e59d5c8463622fb4d8976c415c1e8f8.png

Is this Chelsea's Charlotte in Nicole's most recent post? There's not really a clear shot but it does look like her, and all Nicole's girls seem to be in pink whereas she's in blue.

Yes that looks like Charlotte. I think we've seen Jane Claire at one of Nicole's girl's parties before so it seems like Nicole and Chelsea aren't close anymore but the kids can interact a bit. 

• Upvote 1

This isn’t surprising to me. Think if this happened in your own family. If you and your sibling got into some sort of fight and distanced yourself from a once close sibling. You would be making it much harder on your whole family if you refuse to ever be in the same room as your sibling. Your parents would have to choose who to invite for thanksgiving and Christmas. I think there’s been a split between Erin Bates and Carlin and Whitney. Yet they are always at all the same family events. I think it’s probably pretty normal to keep attending family events even if you and your sibling are no longer close and no longer talk one on one. 

• Upvote 8

The kids all go to the same school which probably isn’t that huge, and they’re so close in age that at least some of them must share classes with their cousins. (I had worked out who at some point but I forget.) I’m glad that even if the sisters dislike each other the cousins can be close. And I admit that although the entire birthday party looks like something American Girl would stage for a photo shoot, I would be very glad to eat any of those cakes.

• Upvote 5

• 2 weeks later...

My kids’ new school posted “100 day” pictures and there are two dressed like old people— and one has an inflatable walker. Real life sighting of such a bizarre phenomena. 

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, fundiewatch said:

My kids’ new school posted “100 day” pictures and there are two dressed like old people— and one has an inflatable walker. Real life sighting of such a bizarre phenomena. 

It makes me glad my children’s school at least tries to be considerate and progressive. I’m not saying they are some sort of progressive utopia. Far from it. But they try! If parents say, “hey, dressing kids as 100 comes across as ageism.” They will actually listen and try to do something about it.

• Upvote 3

So strange! They are surrounded by other small children dressed normally, some appeared to have 100 whatever’s glued to shirts or papers. One was holding an Appalachian walking stick and very hunched over. Wigs and everything, kerchiefs. Not as fancy as the P kids but the Wish version maybe. Never saw it in MN. This sighting was public schools, NC. I wonder if the bougie private schools in the area would show this aberration. 

• Upvote 2

I found out recently to my utter dismay that even schools in my very liberal, progressive, lovely Massachusetts do the dressing up as old people thing for the hundredth day of school. But I can't say anything about it because I don't have any kids in the school system.

• Sad 1

On 2/19/2023 at 8:50 AM, fundiewatch said:

So strange! They are surrounded by other small children dressed normally, some appeared to have 100 whatever’s glued to shirts or papers. One was holding an Appalachian walking stick and very hunched over. Wigs and everything, kerchiefs. Not as fancy as the P kids but the Wish version maybe. Never saw it in MN. This sighting was public schools, NC. I wonder if the bougie private schools in the area would show this aberration. 

this is super common? i have seen it everywhere i've lived in the USA - OH, PA, NY, FL, NM, CA, ND, IL

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

I just do not get religiosity. Charlotte received the Holy Ghost and Jane Claire has been doing a 52-day fast to get her there. So much for children!

• Upvote 5
  • WTF 2
  • I Agree 2

Two months late to the conversation (I’m trying to catch up after a 3-month hiatus) - but the kindergartners at our local school celebrate the 101st day of school by dressing up as Dalmatians. Their parents are invited to a “puppy parade” and everything.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 11

15 minutes ago, BensAllergies said:

Two months late to the conversation (I’m trying to catch up after a 3-month hiatus) - but the kindergartners at our local school celebrate the 101st day of school by dressing up as Dalmatians. Their parents are invited to a “puppy parade” and everything.

That's adorable!! See, there's another alternative to the strange old people cosplay I can get behind.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

I've never heard of accepting the Holy Ghost and I am very confused by it, but I guess it is the same as accepting the Holy Spirit, which is the same as accepting Jesus?  Or with many other evangelicals referred to as being saved. And I wonder what they mean by a fast, since Jae and Claire is like seven or eight and clearly cannot should not fast for that long. Actually, nobody can fast for that long…. I am so confused….. But I guess all of it makes sense to their fellow Pentecostals….

• Coconut Flan locked this topic