IGNORED

United States Governors 2

GreyhoundFan

Trumpkin is letting his racism show:

• Disgust 1
  • WTF 6

Well, that's NOT what THIS suburban white Virginia woman wanted. And not what she voted for, either.🤬

I can understand teaching about MLK's assassination in an age-appropriate manner, because really young children don't need to hear the graphic details, but what about everything else he did and stood for in his life? Even kindergarteners can understand all that, and they can understand that a bad person killed him. Leaving him out of the K-5 curriculum is asinine and definitely racist. He belongs firmly in the curriculum, from kindergarten onwards. Youngkin is an idiot and yes, a racist, and I'm so glad he can't run for re-election (in VA, you get one term and you're out, if you want to run again, you have to wait til someone else has filled the office for a term). 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5

• 3 weeks later...

I love the slap at Trumpkin:

• Upvote 5

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Former Wisconsin Governor Tony Earl died today at the age of 86.

Tony Earl, a Democrat who served as Wisconsin's 41st governor, wasn't afraid to do what he thought was right, even if it meant disagreeing with the "voice of the public."

"I have a hard time admiring leaders who lead by keeping their ear on the ground and their finger in the air," Earl once said. "That's a pretty difficult physical posture to be in, anyhow, but it's an impossible one if you expect people to be following you."

Earl, who rose from the state Assembly to top administration jobs and one term as governor from 1983 to 1987, died Thursday after suffering from a stroke last weekend.

Gov. Tony Evers announced Earl's passing and ordered the flags of the United States and the state of Wisconsin to be flown at half-staff.

He was a big advocate for LGBT rights and the environment. 

RIP Tony.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 6

I bet his talking point will be that it was “all in good fun” and that of course he’s “not an ebil gay person.”  These people are so tiresome. 

• Upvote 5

More corruption:

• Thank You 4

Oh gee, look.  Covid Kimmy screwed up the Iowa Board of Parole to the point it violated state law.

Two former members of the Iowa Board of Parole said the state agency made decisions to release prisoners illegally, according to documents our KCRG-TV9 i9 Investigative Team received.

Kathleen Kooiker and Sheila Wilson said three alternatives made decisions to release or not release inmates from prison. Iowa law requires at least one permanent member on each hearing panel. Kooiker, who is a retired magistrate judge, said she wasn’t reappointed to the board as retaliation after she notified the Governor’s Office and the Attorney General’s Office of the error in a wrongful termination lawsuit filed in February.

Our KCRG-TV9 i9 Investigative Team found the Iowa Department of Corrections and the Iowa Board of Parole allowed a repeated sex offender with a mandatory minimum to receive work release with parole 17 years early. According to Iowa law, inmates with mandatory minimums aren’t eligible for parole.

TV9 reached out to the Governor’s Office and the Iowa Board of Parole about the claims made by two former board members, but didn’t hear back by publication.

Here's the complaint.  Covid Kimmy is too busy trying to kiss up to Branch Trumpvidians to do her goddamn job right.

• Upvote 4

Of course Trumpkin couldn’t answer the question:

• Upvote 8

• 1 month later...

This is awful

• Upvote 3
  • Disgust 3
  • WTF 1

12 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

This is awful

That is absolutely revolting - - What the hell?  Who thinks that is remotely appropriate?

• Upvote 6

I’m so glad PA voted him in:

• Upvote 7

I disagree with the governor on one point. I don't believe the citizens of Texas, Florida, and Arkansas will rise up and say enough is enough.

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw this on CNN, Jay Inslee will not run for re-election.  I’ll keep my fingers crossed that we get someone reasonable to replace him.  😬 

CNN — 

Washington Gov. Jay Inslee announced on Monday that he will not seek a fourth term in 2024, saying in a statement that “I’m ready to pass the torch.” 

Inslee, who ran in the 2020 Democratic presidential primary, didn’t give any indication of his plans once he leaves office, saying only that “now is the time to intensely focus on all we can accomplish in the next year and a half, and I intend to do just that.” 

Inslee’s decision creates an open gubernatorial race in a state that has been reliably Democratic in recent cycles, though Republicans have fielded competitive candidates in statewide races there.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, CTRLZero said:

Just saw this on CNN, Jay Inslee will not run for re-election.  I’ll keep my fingers crossed that we get someone reasonable to replace him.  😬 

CNN — 

Washington Gov. Jay Inslee announced on Monday that he will not seek a fourth term in 2024, saying in a statement that “I’m ready to pass the torch.” 

Inslee, who ran in the 2020 Democratic presidential primary, didn’t give any indication of his plans once he leaves office, saying only that “now is the time to intensely focus on all we can accomplish in the next year and a half, and I intend to do just that.” 

Inslee’s decision creates an open gubernatorial race in a state that has been reliably Democratic in recent cycles, though Republicans have fielded competitive candidates in statewide races there.

I just don't want Loren Culp.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

No big surprise. The entire rethuglikan party is against education and intelligent entertainment. 

• Upvote 5
  • Disgust 2

• 3 weeks later...

What a disgusting person:

image.thumb.png.62caf66df0335447c13a81b3da3c8135.pngimage.thumb.png.65b0c8100c3353ea66d290e1994a56ed.png

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 4

Gee no wonder why the GQP wanted Lake to win in Arizona

Today, Governor Katie Hobbs delivered notice to the Arizona State Treasurer’s Office that a $50 million grant made to the Treasurer in the final hours of the Ducey Administration is illegal and invalid. The grant agreement attempted to improperly use federal funds from the American Rescue Plan Act to fund all-day kindergarten for ESA recipients, despite the fact that the State funds only half-day kindergarten for public school students.

• Thank You 3

• 2 weeks later...

Trumpkin shows his true colors:

image.png.e6e88deb72b04197a891f0f793edcd56.png

• Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...

Look! A governor who is doing his job and not starting bogus culture wars. Is anyone surprised he is a Dem?

• Upvote 8

I couldn’t agree more:

• Upvote 5

This is a great speech and is definitely food for thought 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3