IGNORED

Checking in with Jasmine B

Deleted12

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm curious about this. What is up with the whole church planting thing? Is it just steeplejacking? Is this like what Messianic Jews are trying to do to Orthodox churches?

Bumping this... I don't know much about the Bauchams. I didn't know Voddie was at Oxford, for example.

Jasmine mentioned it in one of her posts back when she still had her own proper blog. It was an illustration of how her mother is properly submissive - apparently one day Voddie came home and said "We're all moving to England", and Jasmine considered it praiseworthy that her mother's reaction was "Of course darling, I'll just go and pack" rather than "Sorry, we're doing what now?"

I also really like Jasmine. She is smart as a whip, but her writing betrays how she's been sheltered (and not in a good way). There's so much she could contribute - even to Christian academic thought, if she wants to remain within that sphere - but she's being denied so many opportunities to sharpen her mind.

I do find it interesting that leaders like RC Sproul, Jr. have told people that in order to help the church, they've specifically adopted sons and not daughters. That bothers me a great deal, given the rest of the problems in their belief system. I don't know if that's also true of Voddie or not.

I find that concerning, and I'm pro-adoption quiverful.

Incidentally, from memory VB has 3 adopted kids (could be four), and the first 2 (or 3) are boys but the most recent one is a girl.

Archived