Jump to content
IGNORED

Safe At Home 6: Rick's Got A Streaming Service! And COVID!


Recommended Posts

nelliebelle1197

Seriously, even I won't sub to Rick's streaming service, not even to see Luke! And Rick, of course, infected everyone around him with COVID. But I think the penguins are safe.

 

  • Thank You 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
thoughtful

In the previous thread, @Four is Enough said:

Quote

@thoughtful, I'd love to see the Steve Martin clip for Scruggs. I often choke up watching Vince Gill singing "Go Rest High on That Mountain" at  George Jones' memorial at the Opry.

Sorry I'm late - I hadn't caught up on the Arndts for a while.

 Here it is:

 

  • Thank You 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
JenniferJuniper

They're filming Vine Valley again!  Rick even admitted that some of his scenes will look a little odd, seeing as he's aged about 12 years since they started filming.  Not to worry though.  They saved all the stuff on "Professor Greene's" desk, so they can at least make that look the same. Seems logical, no?

I think he knows the only way anyone is going to pay for the streaming service is if he coughs up the VV finished product.  But as this is the Arndts we're talking about, I figure I have at least another 10 years to save up my pennies. 
 

  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 13
  • Thank You 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
nelliebelle1197
2 hours ago, JenniferJuniper said:

They're filming Vine Valley again!  Rick even admitted that some of his scenes will look a little odd, seeing as he's aged about 12 years since they started filming.  Not to worry though.  They saved all the stuff on "Professor Greene's" desk, so they can at least make that look the same. Seems logical, no?

I think he knows the only way anyone is going to pay for the streaming service is if he coughs up the VV finished product.  But as this is the Arndts we're talking about, I figure I have at least another 10 years to save up my pennies. 
 

Wait, it has only been 12 years?

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 13
Link to post
Share on other sites
thoughtful
6 hours ago, anjulibai said:

Vine Valley will never be finished. 

And I have the theme song for it:

 

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 12
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
JenniferJuniper

According to Rick (and I'm surprised he'd admit this), Cathy got really sick and still has symptoms, including severe pain in one or both of her legs.  She's having an MRI this week.  I don't know what her problem is, but my Trump loving, constant-restaurant-going boss had to have an MRI for pain in his leg as they were looking for blood clots related to Covid.  In last Sunday's video, Cathy looked really rough.  Like she'd aged 10 years overnight. 

Wear yer masks and don't get too close, fundies!  Trump lied and lots of people died.  And are still dying. 

 

  • Upvote 10
  • Sad 5
  • Thank You 12
Link to post
Share on other sites
Black Aliss
2 hours ago, JenniferJuniper said:

According to Rick (and I'm surprised he'd admit this), Cathy got really sick and still has symptoms, including severe pain in one or both of her legs.  She's having an MRI this week.  I don't know what her problem is, but my Trump loving, constant-restaurant-going boss had to have an MRI for pain in his leg as they were looking for blood clots related to Covid.  In last Sunday's video, Cathy looked really rough.  Like she'd aged 10 years overnight. 

Wear yer masks and don't get too close, fundies!  Trump lied and lots of people died.  And are still dying. 

 

People have needed amputations due to  Covid-caused clots in their limbs! I'd wish her well but I have had it up to the stratosphere with these covidiots. I now assume that anyone I see not wearing a mask is infectious and I will not enter any building where I see people not wearing masks. 

OTOH, I intend to find this food truck  (Swine and Steel) and order food from them.  

Spoiler

masks.thumb.jpg.1f28f7d06b3c7ecb0059dfc6b05dff3e.jpg

https://www.today.com/food/food-truck-owner-s-relatable-sign-about-masking-goes-viral-t208540

  • Upvote 15
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
indianabones

One of my local food trucks! Too bad I'm a vegetarian.

I'm going to miss the food truck scene here so much when I move in a few months.

  • Upvote 2
  • Love 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
nokidsmom
On 2/10/2021 at 11:14 AM, Black Aliss said:

People have needed amputations due to Covid-caused clots in their limbs! I'd wish her well but I have had it up to the stratosphere with these covidiots. I now assume that anyone I see not wearing a mask is infectious and I will not enter any building where I see people not wearing masks. 

ITA, I have lost all patience with people who refuse to wear masks or refuse to take other protective measures.   Where I live, there is a mask mandate that most people are following but you still see the occasional one who doesn't wear a mask.  Just yesterday I was in the grocery store and one woman walked in without a mask, talking on the phone.   I got as far away from her as I could.

  • Upvote 10
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
JermajestyDuggar
18 minutes ago, nokidsmom said:

ITA, I have lost all patience with people who refuse to wear masks or refuse to take other protective measures.   Where I live, there is a mask mandate that most people are following but you still see the occasional one who doesn't wear a mask.  Just yesterday I was in the grocery store and one woman walked in without a mask, talking on the phone.   I got as far away from her as I could.

I’m so used to seeing masks in stores that if there was a person maskless in target, I swear people stare. It’s just so normal now to wear a mask that it would feel like someone just walked into target without a shirt on. Masks have been mandated for so long here that I can’t imagine life without them. When they are no longer mandated, its going to feel so weird! 

  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
WiseGirl
2 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m so used to seeing masks in stores that if there was a person maskless in target, I swear people stare. It’s just so normal now to wear a mask that it would feel like someone just walked into target without a shirt on. Masks have been mandated for so long here that I can’t imagine life without them. When they are no longer mandated, its going to feel so weird! 

Here too. Everyone just wears them like respinsible adults and children do. The kids get it better than the adults. I now have extra masks in my car, at work, etc. You adapt. I kind of like them for keeping colds and flu away too.

  • Upvote 9
Link to post
Share on other sites
Howl

 So, our TX gov unmasked and reopened the entire state earlier this week. 

I'm visiting in a little town in SE TX (hare core Trump Country!) and went to the local  driver's license office (TX Dept of Transportation, so a state office) Friday to get my license renewed and get the yellow star high security status added. 

Walked in, saw the STOP! YOU MUST BE SCREENED sign. I wait and wait and a lady comes out from the inner office (separated with glass doors and glass walls from the hallway) with a temperature gun, takes my temp, asks the usual COVID screening questions. 

There are two clerks at a counter in the inner office, only two "customers" are allowed in at a time and the counter is sanitized between each customer.  Both clerks are  wearing masks, are behind a high plastic partition with an opening at the bottom to slide paper work back and forth. The hallway is the waiting area and everyone respects social distancing as marked on the floor; only two people (guys in their 20s) are unmasked.  

So, even though the state has been unmasked and "opened," even in a hugely  conservative, small town, mostly rural area people are still masking and following guidelines, because everyone with two brain cells to rub together knows COVID is dangerous and NOBODY THINKS TX IS BACK TO NORMAL. 

I was so relived to see this.  

 

 

 

  • Upvote 11
  • Love 12
Link to post
Share on other sites
nokidsmom
49 minutes ago, WiseGirl said:

Everyone just wears them like respinsible adults and children do. The kids get it better than the adults. I now have extra masks in my car, at work, etc. You adapt.

I keep extra masks in my glove compartment and I just bought a ton of masks with Easter designs since we headed for another Easter under Covid.   You do get used to them and while you are at it, you might as well have some fun wearing them.    

The maskless woman I saw yesterday had a child with her who was masked.   No idea why the kid and not her but entirely possible she forgot.  Months ago I watched a dad and teenage son walking into the local grocery store.  Dad turned around and saw his son, who was busy chatting on his phone, did not have his mask on.  Dad made the son return to the car to get it.  So it happens.

53 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Masks have been mandated for so long here that I can’t imagine life without them. When they are no longer mandated, its going to feel so weird! 

I have had a number of conversations with people on how it's going to feel once the mask mandate is over.  No doubt there will be people who will waste no time tossing out their masks but there are others who say it will take some time for them to feel safe enough to not wear them.   One said he would feel "exposed" without one.

49 minutes ago, WiseGirl said:

I kind of like them for keeping colds and flu away too.

Last fall they were pushing flu vaccines big time to avoid overwhelming hospitals with both flu and Covid.  I recently read that this flu season was not as bad as feared no doubt due to things like masks.  Has me thinking that maybe it's not a bad idea to keep a few masks on hand for future use like cold /flu season once Covid is over.  Before Covid, I would occasionally see someone wearing a mask during the winter months.  It was noticeable because it was so rare.  After Covid, maybe it won't be so much.

  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
MamaJunebug
1 hour ago, WiseGirl said:

Here too. Everyone just wears them like respinsible adults and children do. The kids get it better than the adults. I now have extra masks in my car, at work, etc. You adapt. I kind of like them for keeping colds and flu away too.

For the umpteenth time: I'll be masking when Covid is but a bitter memory - at least in spring and fall, since pollens will never be just a memory.  In 2020 I had zero colds, bronchitis (after the monstrous event of January and February), hay fevers or even runny noses.

The few times I went outdoors without a mask or worked in my basement without one, I knew it! Awoke with a top-of-the-head headache and realized I'd gotten into some slightly musty old boxes at a friend's house, outdoors. 

Yep, nope, I'll never be without a mask from here on out, whether I'm wearing it at any particular time.  I like feeling well !

Oh, also: Turns out I have a minor condition where my toes, nose and to a lesser extent my fingertips always feel cold.  Socks fix the toes, a mask warms the nose!  Nope, yep, I'm a masker from here on out!

Edited by MamaJunebug
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
Howl
4 minutes ago, nokidsmom said:

I recently read that this flu season was not as bad as feared no doubt due to things like masks. 

Numbers of flu patients and deaths from flu are miniscule this year in comparison to previous years.

  • Upvote 10
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
WiseGirl
1 hour ago, nokidsmom said:

No doubt there will be people who will waste no time tossing out their masks

Some of my friends want to have a mask burning - it's the new bra burning!

  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
nokidsmom
55 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

For the umpteenth time: I'll be masking when Covid is but a bitter memory - at least in spring and fall, since pollens will never be just a memory.  In 2020 I had zero colds, bronchitis (after the monstrous event of January and February), hay fevers or even runny noses.

42 minutes ago, Howl said:

Numbers of flu patients and deaths from flu are miniscule this year in comparison to previous years.

I think that some people might notice they didn't get their typical winter illnesses like colds / flu and start thinking that they like not being miserable with those things and there are measures they can really do to control / avoid it.  Like maybe you wear a mask sometimes or maybe you do some social distancing in the form of going to the grocery store at odd hours or maybe do takeout from a restaurant instead of going inside for a couple of months.   In addition to vaccines of course.

15 minutes ago, WiseGirl said:

Some of my friends want to have a mask burning - it's the new bra burning!

I have no doubt that some folks will make a very big deal of burning masks....but for myself, I will probably keep whatever is left.  Besides, I have some really fun fabric masks!

  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
NachosFlandersStyle
2 hours ago, nokidsmom said:

I have had a number of conversations with people on how it's going to feel once the mask mandate is over.  No doubt there will be people who will waste no time tossing out their masks but there are others who say it will take some time for them to feel safe enough to not wear them.   One said he would feel "exposed" without one.

The other day I had a doctor's appointment and I was in the private exam room chatting with the doctor and med student about how all three of us have been fully vaccinated now, how nice that soon enough we won't need to take all these precautions, etc. Then the doc asked me to take off my mask so he could shine that little light in my mouth and I'll be honest, I panicked a little! Even though ten seconds earlier we had been talking about how we're all immunized. It was the first time in a very long time I'd been face to face with someone unmasked and indoors and alarm bells went off in my head. It's gonna be a weird adjustment after all this is over.

  • Upvote 12
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Black Aliss
4 hours ago, WiseGirl said:

Here too. Everyone just wears them like respinsible adults and children do. The kids get it better than the adults. I now have extra masks in my car, at work, etc. You adapt. I kind of like them for keeping colds and flu away too.

And pollen. I'm not the only one who has noticed my late-winter allergies are non-existent this year. Usually as soon as the alders and cedars bloom in late February/early March I'm sniffling and coughing like crazy.

  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
GreenBeans
3 hours ago, WiseGirl said:

Here too. Everyone just wears them like respinsible adults and children do. The kids get it better than the adults. I now have extra masks in my car, at work, etc. You adapt. I kind of like them for keeping colds and flu away too.

THIS! I’ve not had a cold in 18 months, when before the pandemic I used to catch one at least twice per year, and feel miserable for at least a week. I feel like everyone taking hygiene more seriously (not just masks, but also disinfectants, lots of hand washing etc.) is making SUCH a difference! Yes, masks are annoying, but not having had a cold (or cough, sore throat, sinus infection etc.) in so long is a major increase in quality of life for me.

  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Black Aliss
1 hour ago, nokidsmom said:

I have no doubt that some folks will make a very big deal of burning masks....but for myself, I will probably keep whatever is left.  Besides, I have some really fun fabric masks!

I intend to wear my masks every winter during flu and cold season, at least on public transportation and in crowds. I always did avoid touching common surfaces and I washed my hands and used hand sanitizer. Normalizing mask-wearing, as is already the case in East Asian countries, just seems like the next step.

Also I like being able to swear at people and tell them they are stupid, inconsiderate jackasses, without them hearing me and beating the crap out of me.

Edited by Black Aliss
  • Upvote 4
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
indianabones

This is the first year-long period in my life when I haven't been sick a single time. It feels so weird- normally, I get the flu just in time for Thanksgiving! (Even with the flu shot.)

I remember when I lived in Europe, I was constantly coming down with a cold or bronchitis or whatever because the strains were all new to my immune system and I rode the metro every day. Wish I had worn masks back then.

  • Upvote 7
  • Love 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Cults-r-us
10 hours ago, Howl said:

 So, our TX gov unmasked and reopened the entire state earlier this week. 

I'm visiting in a little town in SE TX (hare core Trump Country!) and went to the local  driver's license office (TX Dept of Transportation, so a state office) Friday to get my license renewed and get the yellow star high security status added. 

Walked in, saw the STOP! YOU MUST BE SCREENED sign. I wait and wait and a lady comes out from the inner office (separated with glass doors and glass walls from the hallway) with a temperature gun, takes my temp, asks the usual COVID screening questions. 

There are two clerks at a counter in the inner office, only two "customers" are allowed in at a time and the counter is sanitized between each customer.  Both clerks are  wearing masks, are behind a high plastic partition with an opening at the bottom to slide paper work back and forth. The hallway is the waiting area and everyone respects social distancing as marked on the floor; only two people (guys in their 20s) are unmasked.  

So, even though the state has been unmasked and "opened," even in a hugely  conservative, small town, mostly rural area people are still masking and following guidelines, because everyone with two brain cells to rub together knows COVID is dangerous and NOBODY THINKS TX IS BACK TO NORMAL. 

I was so relived to see this.  

 

 

 

I, too, live in hare core Trump territory, 60 mile south of Kansas City. To my horror, I discovered my neighbor and her sisters (all over 65yo),  radicalized by facebook, are devout Trumpists and anti-vaccers. Same for my other neighbors children (in their 40's) who recently hosted a baby shower in a bar with 55 of their closest maskless friends. Covid is fickle or all these fools would have it. They are adamant against the vaccine.

  • Sad 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • WTF 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
gustava
20 hours ago, WiseGirl said:

Some of my friends want to have a mask burning - it's the new bra burning!

They already did in Idaho.  Parents encouraged their spawn to thrown masks in the fire.

  • Eyeroll 1
  • WTF 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recent Status Updates

    • WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?

      WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?

      I thought I found the part I need for my car on O'Reilly Auto Parts' website, but it looks like I can't get it at this time. 
      (Please, please, please, please, please click the link! The joke only works if you see it. I promise it really is the auto parts site! )
      For those who can't or won't click:
       
      · 1 reply
    • Cartmann99

      Cartmann99

      A few weeks ago, I was telling @HerNameIsBuffy about the generously sized single carrot I received from Imperfect Foods. Well, today I got two more monsters in my box. I ordered a pound of carrots and a pound of sweet potatoes, and this is what they gave me:

      At its widest point, the sweet potato is nine inches in diameter, while the carrot tops out at seven and three-quarter inches. I kinda feel bad about my plans to eat them, as these two are definitely large enough to pursue careers in the adult film industry.
      · 3 replies
    • Bethella

      Bethella

      Fuck. Both of my interns are in quarantine. One is positive, the other is a close contact (her exposure was from her roommate, not the other intern). I know six other people who are or were sick within the last month and at least four other people who've had to quarantine after close contact. Things were supposed to be getting better. 😷
       
      · 0 replies
    • WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?

      WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?

      I think most of us on FJ dislike the way many of the fundies talk about "training" their children. I've often read FJers post, "You train a dog. You teach a child."
      I would also bet that most of us don't think about humans as being "well bred", like a good breeding line of purebred dogs. 
      I'm a bit nauseated right now from reading the phrase "well bred" applied to human beings so many times. What bullshit.
      And apparently, I think too much.
      · 3 replies
    • FluffySnowball

      FluffySnowball

      Wishing everyone on FJ a very happy month of Ramadan and lots of peace and blessings ✨🙏
      · 1 reply
    • Bluebirdbluebell

      Bluebirdbluebell

      I feel like we need a Rachel Hollis snark thread. She landed in a lot of trouble recently after a bad TIKTOK video. She isn't fundie, although she is the daughter of a Pentecostal minister.  I've been watching videos on Youtube about her, both from before the scandal and now. I didn't know much about her, but I'm catching up.
      · 1 reply
    • louisa05

      louisa05

      Conservatives on mask mandates: they’re just trying to make people comply with government rules. Resist!
      Conservatives after yet another police shooting of an unarmed black man: He should have complied with the police’s orders.  
      · 1 reply
    • 47of74

      47of74

      There is no Dana, only Zuul
       
      · 0 replies
    • WiseGirl

      WiseGirl

      I have a pile of old vintage handkerchiefs with lace crochet edges. Anyone have any ideas on how to display or use them? My grandmother made some of them. Time to get them out of the drawer.
      · 2 replies
    • K'Z'K

      K'Z'K

      Attention Massholes!
      There will be a drive-through J&J vaccine clinic in Rutland (near Worcester) on April 19-22, and as of this writing--about 9:30pm on Sunday, April 11--there are tons of slots open on all but the first day. Anyone who lives (or works?) in Massachusetts and is over 18 can sign up now.
      https://www.rrecc.us/vaccine
       
      [And for everyone else: yes, people from Massachusetts are called Massholes. People from elsewhere started calling us that as an insult, but we ran with it. Vaccine demand is wicked high here, so it's hard to get appointments. Hence the public service announcement.]
       
      Side note: I know that J&J allocations are dropping this week, but I presume, or at least hope, that they've planned for that and either already have the vaccines on hand or will get them.
      · 1 reply
  • Recent Blog Entries

×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.