• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GreyhoundFan

• ADoyle90815

• fraurosena

• WiseGirl

image.png.f972e93ecf78aea8c9d4d9bcfb8b0d8a.png

"Good"

After Joe Biden mentioned there are over 500 children still separated from their parents, and our government is still unable to find them because of Donald Trump’s separation policy, I could have sworn Donald Trump said, “Good” as a response during last night’s debate.

But, I wasn’t sure if I heard it correctly. So, I hashtagged “good” on Twitter to see if others picked up on it and saw that a lot of people had heard what I heard. I also saw several people on Facebook make the same claim. So I decided to crank this cartoon out quickly knowing that he may not have said it.

Now, I don’t think he said it. I have listened to the tape several times and it sounds like he said, “Go ahead.” Despite that, I stand by this cartoon. I’m glad I drew it and I’m not retracting it. The cartoon is right.

Political cartoons aren’t supposed to be fair. People forget that. Editors forget that. And the reason this cartoon is “good” is because Donald Trump is “good” with the policy that separated these children from their parents. Donald Trump is “good” with an inhumane policy that steals children as a deterrent to other potential immigrants from Central America. Donald Trump is “good” with throwing babies in cages. Donald Trump is “good” with an inhumane policy that caters to his hater base. Donald Trump is “good” with demonizing people. Donald Trump is “good” with building a wall that doesn’t actually stop or decrease illegal immigration, and is only an expensive hate symbol to make the worst of us feel warm and squishy inside. Donald Trump is “good” with his racism.

Last night, Donald Trump said, “I’m the least racist person in this room.” People who say that tend to be most racist people in whatever room they’re in. Usually, after someone makes a claim like that, it’s followed with, “I have a black friend.” Donald Trump is a racist.

Our government has lost track of the parents of 545 children who were taken from them at the border under Donald Trump’s zero tolerance policy. Donald Trump didn’t express any remorse for this. He didn’t say it was too bad. He didn’t say it was wrong. He couldn’t even drum up some bullshit about it being regretful while still supporting the racist inhumane policy. No. Donald Trump said the children are “so well taken care of; they’re in facilities that are so clean.”

My cartoon is accurate and I’m good with it. I’m good with taking down the racist-in-chief.

• Upvote 7

Under spoiler -- NSFW

Spoiler

image.png.e3c3dc0084240f56739b2603c2de2c69.png

• Haha 11

25 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

20201024_red2.JPG

I still think this is hilariously ironic for a party that does not believe in science. Remember, one of their scare tactics is that they said Joe Biden would listen to scientists with regards to covid-19. yet they think they can go to the moon. How's this going to work without science?

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 6

Not a big surprise that Trump's plan includes lofty space goals... NASA administrator Jim Bridenstine is very pro-Trump.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Audrey2 said:

I still think this is hilariously ironic for a party that does not believe in science. Remember, one of their scare tactics is that they said Joe Biden would listen to scientists with regards to covid-19. yet they think they can go to the moon. How's this going to work without science?

Magic!! They'll conjure their way to the moon!

• Upvote 5

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic