IGNORED

Doubling Down with the Derricos

Scoodilypoop

What do people know about this family? Are they quiverfull? The parents say they met at a club (when they were supposed to be in church) and knew they were perfect for each other when the man asked the woman how many kids she wanted and she said “as many as god will give me.” 
their views on children are basically definition of quiverfull. They also homeschool. 
Not sure if it’s TLC slant, but they also seem kind of normal, unlike just about everyone who runs in IBLP circles. Thoughts?

There is too much focus on education for this family to be in IBLP circles.  They seem to be a couple who wanted a large family.  And they have had a series of natural (no fertility treatments) multiples including a set of quints.  (Twins, what they call triplins - she gave birth to triple, one died right after birth - and in ep 2 she gives birth to triplets).

I've seen the advertisements for this show. The children look so much alike, with their big eyes and big smiles.

• Upvote 1

I don't get a fundie vibe from them. I think it's more of a wanted a large family vibe. The mom doesn't seem to follow fundie modesty standards. The dad seems to dress more stylishly than your average fundie patriarch. Have there been sightings of African-American families at ATI gatherings? It has generally seemed to be a very lily, white gathering.  

• Upvote 1