IGNORED

Coronavirus 4

GreyhoundFan

6 year old Kansan died of Covid in November - but the death certificate was just finalized.

• Sad 7

So as I mentioned a few days ago, I was able to get my 85+ YO parents vaccines. They received them on Wednesday and my mom has been sick ever since with high fevers, headaches and very bad leg aches/cramps. The nurse told her she could take Tylenol but not to take Advil. Well, today she took a Motrin and feels 100% better. I hope she can sleep tonight. I’d hate to have to call my sibs to tell them that in my quest to protect the parents from Covid, I killed mom with the Pfizer vaccine.

On a side note, my brother, a first responder, received the Moderna vaccine 2 weeks ago and had swelling of his neck and chest and a subsequent rash. Maybe I should wait for the Johnson and Johnson vaccine, ?

• Love 8

My mom and I have had Moderna and no problems so far.  I've had one dose and only a sore arm and maybe a headache.  I'm prone to headaches so we can't 100% blame the vaccination.  Mom had her second dose today and no calls that she's having any reaction.  

• Love 6

Sassypants, I had a similar reaction to your mothers.  Six nights of fevers over 102 after the first shot.  By mid week I broke down and took Motrin too.  After a week it just stopped.  Let her know I had practically no reaction to the second shot.

• Thank You 1
  • Love 5

We haven’t started vaccinating here yet but from what I understand it will be Pfizer and it will begin in a few weeks. I’m hoping hoping hoping that I qualify for one of the earlier phases. I’m keen. 

• Upvote 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic