IGNORED

Trump 47: The Covidiot's Traveling Circus Is Back On The Road

GreyhoundFan

4 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

This is incredible:

Well, you know what the one and only response will be:

FAKE NEWS!

His entire presidency is simply mind blowing.  

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5

I have a feeling there will be multiple tweetstorms tonight and tomorrow:

• Upvote 9

17 minutes ago, Destiny said:

Lack of universal healthcare keeps so many people trapped in situations they don't want or need to be in, just so they don't go bankrupt. The system is so broken in this country. Gods know I would rather my tax dollars go to healthcare than yet another bajillion dollar fucking tank or bomb.

Truth. 

Right now people are complaining that with the additional $600 to unemployment, people are making more money being unemployed than they would while working. Those same people seem to quiet down quite a bit when asked if they've ever had to pay Cobra prices for insurance in between jobs... That $600 a week might, maybe, cover health insurance. 

I hope they'll extend that benefit. It's the only thing right now keeping me going as our hours just got cut in half again. I'll get just a handful of dollars from unemployment, but should get the extra $600.

• Upvote 9
  • Rufus Bless 3

2 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

Right now people are complaining that with the additional $600 to unemployment, people are making more money being unemployed than they would while working. Those same people seem to quiet down quite a bit when asked if they've ever had to pay Cobra prices for insurance in between jobs... That $600 a week might, maybe, cover health insurance. 

Yeah when I looked last, Cobra was 900+ a month, and that was well over 15 years ago. I shudder to think what it might be now. 

• Upvote 6
  • WTF 1

6 minutes ago, Destiny said:

Yeah when I looked last, Cobra was 900+ a month, and that was well over 15 years ago. I shudder to think what it might be now. 

It would have been just shy of $1200 for me (per month) when I was restructured in 2018.

10 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

Truth. 

I hope they'll extend that benefit. It's the only thing right now keeping me going as our hours just got cut in half again. I'll get just a handful of dollars from unemployment, but should get the extra $600.

My daughter was furloughed from mid-March - Mid-May and hasn't even seen her first UI check yet, they are that backlogged.

It's frustrating for her, but I am sure absolutely devastating for those who didn't have a cushion and needed that to live.

• Upvote 7

Call me a conspiracy theorist, but I wouldn't be shocked if the unspoken thing behind open our schools is teachers are expendable because in the Republican mindset all teachers are Democrats, and the more that die before the election, the fewer there are to vote against Trump.

(I know that not all teachers are Democrats; in fact they skew much more heavily Republican in more conservative parts of the country. I know... I have taught in one.)

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

23 minutes ago, Destiny said:

COBRA for me (single only) is $839.22 per month. That's for a mediocre plan with a high deductible.

• Sad 2
  • WTF 2

So now taxpayers are going to pay to move huge and heavy statues to his hate rallies?

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 2

I don’t think we will have a major civil war, like 1860, as long as the military stays (officially) neutral. Which, thank Rufus, they have been so far.
That said, I do believe we are in kind of a civil war, like the race riots of the 60’s. 

• Upvote 7
  • Rufus Bless 1

Dear Leader gets a disgusting tongue bath from the governor of MO:

• Disgust 1
  • WTF 2

He needs to suck as much money out of taxpayers as possible:

• Upvote 5

50 minutes ago, Emma said:

I don’t think we will have a major civil war, like 1860, as long as the military stays (officially) neutral. Which, thank Rufus, they have been so far.
That said, I do believe we are in kind of a civil war, like the race riots of the 60’s. 

One could argue the Civil War never really ended which is why were in the situation we're in.

But I'm tired off it all.  No offense to any red state FJers, but I'm ready for the Northeast, West Coast and a few northern states to open talks with Canada to discuss a possible merger. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

4 hours ago, WiseGirl said:

No kidding.  Anyone else worry about a Civil War after this election no matter who wins? Anyone?  Just me?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/08/world/meanwhile-in-america-july-7-intl/index.html

I've worried about that for a while now, or more accurately about an increase in domestic terrorism becoming effectively an insurgency in some areas. Then again I tend to go worst case scenario.

3 hours ago, Alisamer said:

Truth. 

Right now people are complaining that with the additional $600 to unemployment, people are making more money being unemployed than they would while working. 

Our unemployment benefits were increased as the country locked down, and we have people complaining about it here too. The benefits have been below liveable for a number of years, to the point that groups as diverse as the Australian Council of Churches and the Australian Business Council were calling for them to be raised to enable people to be able to afford to look for work/get to jobs.  Now they're talking about returning them to the previous level and I am utterly appalled. They just spent 270 billion on a fucking bomb - but hey, why make it possible for people to live, and maybe help the economy restart (people who can get to the end of the month with enough for food might treat themselves to a coffee for example) when you can buy a really big thing that goes bang?

• Upvote 5

6 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Dear Leader gets a disgusting tongue bath from the governor of MO:

The Accidental Governor is up for re-election.  So he’s in suck up mode

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, clueliss said:

The Accidental Governor is up for re-election.  So he’s in suck up mode

... And he thinks Trump will vote for him?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

On 7/7/2020 at 10:54 AM, GreyhoundFan said:

Apparently several media outlets have gotten advance copies of Mary Trump's book, so I expect lots of interesting tidbits to come out over the next week or so:

I'm currently #11 in line for this on Overdrive, from a collection that has four copies coming.  So I expect to get it within a few weeks of the release date.  Looking forward to it!

I finished John Bolton's book today.  Really interesting, even though I don't share politics with Bolton.  But he's an actual conservative, not an egotistical toddler, and he writes well.

On 7/7/2020 at 5:26 PM, Audrey2 said:

They might be thinking about this. Too late though... It was destroyed by lightning. It was a church just off of i-75 between Dayton and Cincinnati.

Screenshot_20200707-172508~2.png

It's Big Butter Jesus!

Edited by church_of_dog
  • Haha 5

23 hours ago, Ali said:

They built a new one. It is always a highlight of our trip when we go down south. It is also enjoyable is to see the Clown College exit and wonder how the Bateseses  are doing. (sarcasm font)

newgiantjesus.jpg

One of the nicknames of the old statue was “Big Butter Jesus“(due to its resemblance to a state-fair butter sculpture), and the new one is often called “Five-Dollar-Footlong Jesus.”

Or, what @church_of_dog said...

Edited by smittykins
  • Upvote 5
  • Love 2

President Trump’s banks and accounting firms must turn over his financial records to Manhattan prosecutors, the Supreme Court ruled Thursday.

Why it matters: The ruling is a stinging loss for Trump, who has fought relentlessly to keep these records secret.

The backdrop: Manhattan prosecutor Cy Vance subpoenaed 8 years' worth of the president's tax returns as part of an investigation into hush money payments made to Stormy Daniels during the 2016 election.

Trump challenged those subpoenas as unlawful, but the court rejected that argument, ordering financial institutions to comply with Vance's subpoenas.

What's next: Vance subpoenaed those records as part of a secret grand jury process, so he likely cannot make them public before the election.

The Supreme Court will also rule today on separate subpoenas issued by a trio of House committees.

https://apple.news/AN1f3eJx_TpmJnEBIobtcTg

Hold on folks! It’s going to be a bumpy ride!

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 1

I was just coming to post about the SCOTUS ruling. I bet Xanax is being passed out in the West Wing.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5

Right on cue:

:violin:

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 3

57 minutes ago, Becky said:

:popcorn2:

Oh yeah Fuckopotomus is rage tweeting this morning. 

Poor Fuckmuppet, even Gorsuch and Beer Bong Weenie Waver voted against him. 

Edited by 47of74
  • Haha 15

He's going to hate this:

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 3

"Nobody likes me, everybody hates me..."

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 3

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic