IGNORED

Everything We Can’t Get Back

47of74

John Pavlovitz wrote this today

History testifies that all brutal empires fall, all hateful movements dissolve, all malevolent momentary victors eventually find themselves defeated and driven out.

Every time the pendulum has swung toward inhumanity—it has invariably comeback with even greater opposite force to bend the arc of the moral universe back toward justice again.

This will be true here as well.

And while I take solace in these inarguable truths, they come with the bitter aftertaste of the realization that we have already lost so much that is simply irretrievable.

Spot on too.  The US has been permanently damaged by fuck face and his GOP groupies and no amount of effort will ever repair those damages. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1

I hope that we do swing back, but I'm worried it will not come soon. The Evil Turtle has ensured that America will be entwined with his politics long after he is gone. 

• Upvote 10

On 11/6/2016 I honestly and still believe my innocence left me forever and that I will never get back. Nothing is going to get better for many years to come if it does. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

That wasn't the day for me. As a child born at the end of 1979, I pick Gen X over millenial. I moved to Portland from Kansas 33 days before 9/11. I spent ten days at Burning Man right before.

That was the moment my worldview changed.

• Upvote 4