IGNORED

Kendra & Joe Part 12: Another day, Another Duggar on the Way

Georgiana

A former coworker of mine became a grandma the day before she turned 36. That's the youngest I know of personally.

What really blows my mind, though, is Huguette Clark. She was a wealthy heiress who died in 2011. Her father was born in 1839!

• Upvote 7
  • Rufus Bless 9

1 hour ago, GoddessOfVictory said:

A former coworker of mine became a grandma the day before she turned 36. That's the youngest I know of personally.

What really blows my mind, though, is Huguette Clark. She was a wealthy heiress who died in 2011. Her father was born in 1839!

I once read an article about how President John Tyler's grandchildren are still alive today (but super old). Basically, Tyler was quite a horndog and was fathering children well into his 60s and 70s, and one son, Lyon Gardiner Tyler, was born in 1853 and similarly managed to find a woman of childbearing age who liked 'em pruney, thus he had two sons born in the 1920s. 

• Upvote 19
  • Thank You 2

11 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

I'm 30 and every time I think of what my life could have been in a different universe, I think of Anna Duggar because she's only 5 months older than me. 5 kids and the 6th due for birthing this year. Eek! No I'll keep my cats! 

I do exactly the same! Apparently you are about 2months older than me ? 

• Upvote 5

My Mom and I were just doing the math the other day and realized her father was fathering children from 1917 to 1957 (when he was 64 years old).  There were two wives and 10 kids altogether.  So, when his oldest son was 40, his last son was born.  He was a sharecropper, so I guess he needed the extra help.  :confusion-shrug:

• Upvote 9

15 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

My grandmother had her first child at nearly 19. She was a couple of days from her 19th birthday. She had her last child at 42 and she was a grandmother at 40. So my uncle who was born in 1948 is 70 and is a great grandfather. His 19 year old granddaughter had a child nearly 2 years back. She had come from a family where her Mom had 5 kids and left four of them with my cousin. So I hope that cycle doesn't repeat! 

I'm 30 and every time I think of what my life could have been in a different universe, I think of Anna Duggar because she's only 5 months older than me. 5 kids and the 6th due for birthing this year. Eek! No I'll keep my cats! 

I’m right between the Smuggars age wise - Josh is two months older than me and Anna is one month younger. By the time we all turned 30 last year:

- The Smuggars had been married for almost ten years.

- Husband and I had been married for 2.5 years, but had been together for over a decade at that point.

- The Smuggars had five kids and one dog (free Doggy Smuggar!)

- Husband and I had one human child and one dog child.

- Josh had been to Prayhab at least twice and Anna had to publicly deal with being known as the wife of a sexual predator.

- My husband has been to Prayhab exactly zero times and I’m known as the wife of a nice Accountant.

- Anna had no choice but to live with her in-laws when Josh went to Prayhab because she had no ability to provide for them on her own.

- If I ever wind up living with family it’ll be a temporary choice as I get back on my feet because I have an education and haven’t been brainwashed to think working moms are the Devil.

So yeah. I’m pretty pleased with how things have turned out for all of us. Shitty people who throw rocks at glass houses deserve the public ridicule they receive when the public learns what hypocrites they are.

Edited by VelociRapture
  • Upvote 18
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 9

6 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I once read an article about how President John Tyler's grandchildren are still alive today (but super old). Basically, Tyler was quite a horndog and was fathering children well into his 60s and 70s, and one son, Lyon Gardiner Tyler, was born in 1853 and similarly managed to find a woman of childbearing age who liked 'em pruney, thus he had two sons born in the 1920s. 

I was going to mention this!  

I have a habit of looking at old shows on YouTube. Their was an episode of the original I’ve Got a Secret tv show. 2 women were on & their grandfather had fought with George Washington. They were a second family for their father who was in his 70’s when they were born. 

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1

My husband and I have visited John Tyler's grave at Hollywood Cemetery in Richmond. It's a beautiful historical cemetery with a lovely view of the James River. James Monroe is buried nearby.  Just mentioning it for all those might pas thru Richmond some day. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

I'm midly curios about how Joe and kendra will "deal" this pregnancy. Will they go on jill/jinger/Jessa  (for the first 2)ruote and instagram every two day the bump update? Or Joy/Anna route and just post a couple of picture here and there? Whit Garret (or Gideon? I'm already lost) they didn't have instagram...

They seems to be more private than most of the other couple but I dunno 

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, Italiangirl said:

I'm midly curios about how Joe and kendra will "deal" this pregnancy. Will they go on jill/jinger/Jessa  (for the first 2)ruote and instagram every two day the bump update? Or Joy/Anna route and just post a couple of picture here and there? Whit Garret (or Gideon? I'm already lost) they didn't have instagram...

They seems to be more private than most of the other couple but I dunno 

Gideon is Joy’s son. Garrett is Joe and Kendra’s. 

I would guess they’ll keep things more private. They haven’t posted much at all since getting Instagram and neither of them strike me as being super into the limelight the way some of the others are. I think they’re genuinely happy with a quieter and more private life. 

Edited by VelociRapture
  • Upvote 8

Ykes 20!!! And she has had an easy deliver the first time, plus she seems to have adjust preatty well into motherhood. It's scary 

• Upvote 11

1 hour ago, JillyO said:

In case anyone is interested, Duggar Data adjusted their prediction on the size of Joe and Kendra's quiver based on this new pregnancy announcement. It went up from 18 to 20. :mouse-shock:Here is the entire post.

Seeing how the predictor changes based on new information is the only interesting thing about "exciting" Duggar family announcements at this point ?

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 14
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

As soon as there is an announcement I go to Duggar data immediately!

Edited by SillyDillys
Too many grammar mistakes
  • Upvote 5

Yeah, the Gideon/Garrett thing is bit confusing. I doubt this would happen, but imagine if both families used a G theme for naming, and Joy and Kendra continued to get pregnant in close succession? Hoo boy.

So far only one next gen Duggar family is using a letter theme. I wonder if anybody else will follow suit. If they all did letter themes, at least it would be easier to remember which family all the kids belong to once the grandchild count becomes larger than the initial quiver of 19.

Edited by VeryNikeSeamstress
  • Upvote 9
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

Yeah, the Gideon/Garrett thing is bit confusing. I doubt this would happen, but imagine if both families used a G theme for naming, and Joy and Kendra continued to get pregnant in close succession? Hoo boy.

So far only one next gen Duggar family is using a letter theme. I wonder if anybody else will follow suit. If they all did letter themes, at least it would be easier to remember which family all the kids belong to once the grandchild count becomes larger than the initial quiver of 19.

Benessa could stick with their “Heroes of the Christian Faith” theme. And the Dills gave family names to both of their sons, so I wouldn’t be surprised to see them continue that trend when Jill eventually spawns again. Neither of those would really make it easier to identify the kid by family though. 

Updated mnemonics for anyone who needs it:

The Grandchildren in birth order -

My Mother Made Internet Memes Starring Henry Seewald Making Glittery Green Frogs Slinging Dough

(Mackynzie, Michael, Marcus, Israel, Meredith, Spurgeon, Henry, Samuel, Mason, Gideon, Garrett, Felicity, Baby Seewald, and Baby Duggar.)

Josh & Anna: The Smuggars have 5 Marvelous M’s (Mackynzie, Michael, Marcus, Meredith, and Mason)

Derick & Jill: The Dills have 2 Insanely Sweet sons (Israel and Samuel)

Ben & Jessa: Benessa have 2 Seriously Handsome sons (Spurgeon and Henry)

Jeremy & Jinger: JinJer have 1 Fine girl (Felicity)

Joe & Kendra: JoKen have 1 Gorgeous son (Garrett)

Austin & Joy: JoStin have 1 Giddy guy (Gideon)

I’ll have to update these again once Jessa and Kendra spawn their newest blessings, but there you go.

Edited by VelociRapture
Edited because autocorrect is a bitch.
  • Upvote 10
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

Actually, I'm curious, is David a Duggar family name aside from John David? 

• Upvote 4

I though the Dillards' theme was names with 'el' in them.

I'm really curious to see if any theme naming happens with the one child and currently childless families. Knowing the theme makes name guessing easier and more fun.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

I though the Dillards' theme was names with 'el' in them.

I'm really curious to see if any theme naming happens with the one child and currently childless families. Knowing the theme makes name guessing easier and more fun.

I thought so, but another poster told me a while back that it was apparently just a coincidence. So now I’m not sure.

8 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Actually, I'm curious, is David a Duggar family name aside from John David? 

Garrett’s middle name is David. Other than that I’m not sure. I know David was listed as Jill's favorite Biblical figure. That plus the family connections to John and Dan seem to have been the reason why they picked that middle name. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 4

15 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Garrett’s middle name is David. Other than that I’m not sure. I know David was listed as Jill's favorite Biblical figure. That plus the family connections to John and Dan seem to have been the reason why they picked that middle name.

Oh, I didn't realize David was Dan's middle name as well! I know fundies love King David, but I did wonder if Joe and Kendra picked David as a middle name for Garrett as a shout out to John David.

• Upvote 3

I'm wondering if any female family names will get used. Michelle's mom's name was Evelyn, and I'm kinda surprised that that name hasn't gotten bandied about more when Garrett (her dad's name) has been used twice. 

• Upvote 8

16 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I'm wondering if any female family names will get used. Michelle's mom's name was Evelyn, and I'm kinda surprised that that name hasn't gotten bandied about more when Garrett (her dad's name) has been used twice. 

Isn't Evelyn also the name of Michelle's lesbian sister? I would guess that's why it hasn't been used. 

• Upvote 8

2 hours ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

I'm still disappointed we didn't get a fight or joking between Joy and Joseph over both of them choosing the same letter. "

4 hours ago, SillyDillys said:

As soon as there is an announcement I go to Duggar data immediately!

So do I.

• Upvote 3

Michelle's mother's name was Ethel, not Evelyn. Evelyn is the name of her gay sister, though. 

• Upvote 11
  • Thank You 6

Who names a baby Ethel now days even as middle name? That has not been trendy for 60 years . Evelyn is not exactly a name someone like Jessa would use as first name for a baby girl  either. It’s dated as well. 

• Upvote 5

• Georgiana locked this topic