• Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Sign in to follow this  
formergothardite

Spring Reading

Depressed
formergothardite

What is everyone reading this spring? I'm reading The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova. It is a vampire book that also has historical info about Vlad the impaler. It is pretty interesting so far. 

CTRLZero
40 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

What is everyone reading this spring? I'm reading The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova. It is a vampire book that also has historical info about Vlad the impaler. It is pretty interesting so far. 

I read this book when it first came out.  My memory for details is horrible, but I do remember that it kept my interest.  Let me know if you like it by the end, and I may put it on my list to re-read.  The nice thing about having a terrible memory is that it's all new again, lol!

This morning I went on a guided tour of the downtown Nashville library.  If you are able to find a tour of a larger library, I highly recommend it.  In addition to the usual statistical overview and layout, we saw:  the archives where they conserve historical articles; a stage where professionals give puppet shows (and the craftsmanship of the puppets are just wow); a civil rights research and education room, and so much more.  Incredible.

Oh, and what am I currently reading?  I picked up Martin Doyle's "The Source: How Rivers Made America and America Remade Its Rivers."  The opening chapter mentions George Washington and his surveying efforts, so now I already know more about Washington than Trump.   ☺️

I have Becky Chambers' sequel to the Small Angry Planet novel on hold. 

Sign in to follow this