IGNORED

Dillards 74: The Dill in the Pickle

samurai_sarah

The recent photos of her in that long floral dress with her extremely long hair is giving me vibes from the frumper days. 

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sam continues to make the best faces

No Market Place chocolate mess? Well there's still time. 

5 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

@Granwych, well if Spurge did it, he might be less likely to get throttled for it, but Izzy or Sam would be more likely to cut it.  

Oops, you're right.  I saw the pic of Spurgeon in his thrifty new duds and he got imprinted on my senior brain.

5 hours ago, fluffernutter said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BukgyFQg5BL/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

Blech. We've got another #besthubbyever, along with a damn kiss. ?

So OfJill did something quite ordinary which millions of fathers/parents do for their kids every day and Jill thinks it's worth a kissing picture. What kind of pda are we going to see if he, dunno, gets a steady job to provide for his family or, let's say, even just takes care of all household chores for a week (gasp!)??

8 minutes ago, DillyDally said:

So OfJill did something quite ordinary which millions of fathers/parents do for their kids every day and Jill thinks it's worth a kissing picture. What kind of pda are we going to see if he, dunno, gets a steady job to provide for his family or, let's say, even just takes care of all household chores for a week (gasp!)??

My dad made paper planes and was always drawing or making things with us all the time and he ran his own double glazing company when I was child. It's sad that Jill makes a big deal about it, Derick either rarely does things with him or Jill was that used to not having a dad do things with her that Derick doing it is a massive deal, I suspect it's a bit of both. I get Derick is at law school and studying will take up a lot of time but lots of parents manage to juggle work, studying and parenting.

4 hours ago, Glasgowghirl said:

My dad made paper planes and was always drawing or making things with us all the time and he ran his own double glazing company when I was child. It's sad that Jill makes a big deal about it, Derick either rarely does things with him or Jill was that used to not having a dad do things with her that Derick doing it is a massive deal, I suspect it's a bit of both. I get Derick is at law school and studying will take up a lot of time but lots of parents manage to juggle work, studying and parenting.

Yes, this. My husband is an excellent father to two toddler girls. He also is in the military and has a very demanding job (pilot), so he works long (LONG) hours M-F and is often away for days/weeks at a time. He still manages to be a great dad when he's home (and away - Facetime rules!), and they both just adore him. He also cooks dinner on the weekends for us, helps with housework (because, hey, he lives here too, even if he's not home a lot!), grocery shops every weekend from the list I give him (and if he's away, I use WM pick-up!), and keeps up to date with all repairs and maintenance that need to be done with our home and cars. I think he's a keeper. And apparently I sound super lazy. ?

Playing with your kid once in a while does not make you awesome. It's expected. It's part of the job. And maybe he does play with them more often than she posts about (I sure hope she doesn't post a photo every single time), but it's just not THAT big of a deal unless you happen to catch a really sweet, stellar moment between father/children. That said, I am guilty of sharing photos of my husband and kids when they look especially adorable together, so I won't judge. :)

8 hours ago, bella8050 said:

Sam continues to make the best faces

No Market Place chocolate mess? Well there's still time. 

Was it the nice Olive Garden? ?

On 3/1/2019 at 11:04 PM, Ms. Brightside said:

Oh man... I thought this thread title was a play on "a bun in the oven..." what a relief to be wrong!

I thought the same thing! What a relief to be wrong. 

The kissing photo is just so unnecessary. The first two pictures are fine, and they accompany a 'cute' story, and then to shoe-horn the kissing photo in there is just... blech. But I also think social media pictures with kissing tend to be unnecessary to begin with. 

I’m an outlier:  I love Jill’s hair. I think it’s lovely and I wish mine were just like it.  

The long floral dress—I don’t hate it, but it’s not my style so I’m not fond of it. But it does have pockets, so it gets a bonus point for that.  Now, that pose where she’s leaning sideways and doing the duck lips.....that should have been deleted.  

6 hours ago, Glasgowghirl said:

It's sad that Jill makes a big deal about it, Derick either rarely does things with him or Jill was that used to not having a dad do things with her that Derick doing it is a massive deal, I suspect it's a bit of both. I get Derick is at law school and studying will take up a lot of time but lots of parents manage to juggle work, studying and parenting.

I mentioned this in some other thread so apologies for repetition, but the cult literally tells wives to brag about their husbands to other people so that their husbands can "overhear" it - a public forum like social media is perfect for this. (source) So Jill may be less overcompensating than going through the motions prescribed by her religion.

16 hours ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

Good gravy, it looks like she did a photo shoot in military base housing.

Exactly! Is this where they live?

And why doesn't cousin Amy get pissed that her Duggars (and their Bates friends) are pushing a clothing boutique other than her own?

Poor little Israel's eyes are so puffed up they almost look shut in that first pic.  I wonder what's causing it?  Maybe it's just his expression (hopefully).  

Also, the heart shape they made around the slice of chocolate sheet cake is obnoxious, just like her kissing photo in the post about the paper airplane.  We get it, Jill.  You really, really, really actually are super in love with the best hubby ever and I'm sure you'll silence all our doubts with your OTT photos and tags.  

The photo in front of the window is especially bad.

Pro Tip #1 do not stand with the sole light source behind you.  Since the blinds were down, that would have been a good, diffused light source.  She should have faced that light.  

Pro Tip #2  steam or iron the clothes you are advertising. She looks like she picks the clothes up from her floor.  Regardless of her nasty beliefs, I wouldn't partner with her because she looks a dang mess.

Last edit, i promise: I think Jill looks absolutely beautiful in the pic in front of the door. 

I looked a two Jill’s homeschooling resources. I like the math one. Using Base Tens helps a lot of kids. You can use it for place value, adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing, as well as for decimals. It’s a good resource. Her literacy materials look fine, as well. I like that she uses teacherspayteachers. There are lots of good things out there’s. It’s much more varied than her mom’s curriculum was, so pleasantly surprised...

@twoandthrough,  I'll have to ask my aunt sometime if she wished she had FaceTime or Skype back in the 60s in that year that my uncle was in Saigon and their youngest was three.  I remember that my aunt and uncle used to send tapes to each other.  They wanted to kids to hear their dad's voice in the year he was in Viet Nam.  

17 hours ago, fluffernutter said:

Well, I guess I'm glad that Derick made his son a paper airplane upon request.  Not sure that makes him a #besthubbyever.  Seems a very low bar!

It's hard for me to tell if Jill is happy with her marriage based on her instagram posts, but it does seem like the luster has worn off.  Not surprising, considering the fairy tale nonsense she was raised to believe.  Save yourself for Prince Charming and life will be a bowl of cherries!  Except life doesn't work that way and never has. 

I agree that Jill doesn't seem as carefree as in her pre-marriage and early marriage photos, but she's had two pregnancies with difficult births, plus it's tiring being mom to two young children.  Add on that she lived far away from all she had ever known in a country where she didn't know the language and was clearly frightened on a regular basis by the possibility of violence, and that will shake most people up.  If she has any regrets about rushing into marriage with Derick, she probably pushes those thoughts away as soon as they surface.

6 hours ago, BachelorToTheRapture said:

Was it the nice Olive Garden? ?

Well, at least they took both kids out to dinner with them, instead of leaving them at home with a babysitter.  So better than JRod!

8 hours ago, twoandthrough said:

?Playing with your kid once in a while does not make you awesome. It's expected. It's part of the job. And maybe he does play with them more often than she posts about (I sure hope she doesn't post a photo every single time), but it's just not THAT big of a deal unless you happen to catch a really sweet, stellar moment between father/children. That said, I am guilty of sharing photos of my husband and kids when they look especially adorable together, so I won't judge. 

I hope he does do more than she posts, she thought he was brilliant for buying her chocolate milk. His interactions with the boys sometimes look forced and uncomfortable.  I think Ben being so natural with Spurgeon and Henry just made Derick look even worse. 

I hope the two of them are happier than they look on social media.

2 hours ago, MiddleAgedLady said:

Wish I was a fly on the wall during this class. 

What the fuck is he on about?  Derick, I'd be grateful if you better determined and communicated your point.

He's implying that when Roe v. Wade happened, people just didn't know that life begins at conception and something something therefore women are obligated to carry all pregnancies to term. However, since then medical science has developed to the point that, apparently, this is now common knowledge.

I imagine the conversations in that classroom were interesting...

He'll graduate, but I honestly can't see how any reputable organization is going to hire this nonsensical assclown.  If a Persecuted Christian(tm) org hires him, well, the jokes on them...

21 hours ago, fluffernutter said:

What kind of weird thing do fundies have with kissing selfies? I agree with everyone that this one is particularly awkward and forced, but Jill is certainly not the first fundie we follow on here to post kissing selfies.

It is just a form of PDA I don't get. I am a non-religious heathen, raised by non-religious parents, went to secular ebil public school, on to college and onward, moved out of the house to live with Mr. Music and *gasp* we are not married, etc. According to fundies, I should be the defrauding one with no modesty. Yet I never post kissing selfies of me and Mr. Music online, on any platform. All of our pictures together on social media are either us close together or maybe him holding me by the waist. I think that is the most intimate and PDA online. If one day I post a picture of us kissing, it will probably be at our wedding and I hope a more candid shot, not posed. Am I alone who doesn't get it?

Is it because... once they are married, all the fundies modesty rules go out the window? Their uneasy and forced kissing selfies are ''god-approved''? I'm confused. :pb_lol:

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived