IGNORED

Dillards 74: The Dill in the Pickle

samurai_sarah

That shirt looks like one the preppy frat boys wear here with pastel shorts. 

Also, Jill Most people eat and work; it's not a special skill. 

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@bella8050,  we just need to get Snuggles Rodrigues to sneeze on JillyBean.  Or my dachsie.  Dachsies' long snouts lead to some amazing snot rockets.

1 hour ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

So...she’s saying you should shop at Amy’s store because the prints camouflage your food mess?  Thanks for that pro tip, Cuz!

Too bad she wasn’t eating eggplant parm, I would have laughed my ass off. 

What’s the deal with eggplant?

7 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

What’s the deal with eggplant?

People tend to use the eggplant emoji to represent a penis.

Not to seem like a shill, because I already talked about the Cinema Snob when Kendra said "War Room" was her favorite movie, but uh...the Cinema Snob's episode on "Saving Christmas" is hysterical. And to add to the discussion on Candace Cameron, you'd think that in a movie where Kirk Cameron is playing himself at his own family Christmas party, his actress sister would at least make a cameo, but I guess even she thought the movie was beneath her lol.

3 hours ago, bella8050 said:

Yeah she's fundie lite, but it is fun to read comments on her social media cause she is not fundie enough for many. She and her husband own a winery and people flip their shit anytime she posts something with their wine in it, on top of the Fuller House complaints. 

Back in Dillard land Jill has weiners on her mind!

First, Jill has beautiful eyes.  Jill Rodrigues should take note of Jill's much more appropriate use of eye liner.

Second, not too impressed with the top.  It's like 100's of others - a flowery patterned tee shirt.  

23 minutes ago, Anna Bolinas said:

..the Cinema Snob's episode on "Saving Christmas" is hysterical. 

(snip...)

First entry on IMDB's worst 250 films ever! 

7 hours ago, SportsgalAnnie said:

Also, Jill Most people eat and work; it's not a special skill. 

Especially when you work in fast food, free food is just too tempting.

On 3/13/2019 at 4:09 PM, acheronbeach said:

As an aside, the Duggars loved Fireproof.  It is, in Jim-Bob's words, the best movie ever made

I love when people who proudly state that don't know much about a field then feel confident declaring what is the best within that field. Jim-Bob has repeatedly announced that he has not consumed media for the past thirty years. So that means he hasn't seen, among others, Heat, Fargo, Life is Beautiful, Shawshank Redemption, Memento, Schindler's List, and Silence of the Lambs. Not to mention all of the movies he missed before becoming Fundie. (Something tells me he wasn't the type of guy to study Citizen Kane and Hitchcock's oeuvre.)

And yet, he is such an innately discerning viewer, he can let you know what the best movie ever made in the past century of cinema is. Not JB's favorite movie, no. The objectively best film ever created.

Lord give me the confidence of a mediocre white man. 

I really wish the Duggars would watch the film Amazing Grace. It's the story of William Wilberforces efforts to abolish slavery in the British Empire. It has a great cast. The subplot of John Newtons conversion and writing of Amazing Grace us also featured. Christian/faith-focused films don't have to be garbage. Even this atheist knows that. 

11 minutes ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

I really wish the Duggars would watch the film Amazing Grace. It's the story of William Wilberforces efforts to abolish slavery in the British Empire. It has a great cast. The subplot of John Newtons conversion and writing of Amazing Grace us also featured. Christian/faith-focused films don't have to be garbage. Even this atheist knows that. 

It's sometimes seems as if they conflate mediocrity with godliness. 

10 hours ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

So...she’s saying you should shop at Amy’s store because the prints camouflage your food mess?

10 hours ago, bella8050 said:

I watched a video of her showing clothes for the other company she works with...I forgot their name...but in the video she said the long sleeve shirts were good because kid snot washed off easy on them. #bestpromopartnerever

She mentions this stuff because SHE'S A MOM YOU GUYS!!! Being a MOM is messy!!! It's how food gets spilled!!! No adult without children could understand!!! MOMS need clothes that can be cleaned!!! Who else could ever understand!!!  #idiot #othermomsareembarrassedforJill #juststopalready

2 hours ago, nausicaa said:

It's sometimes seems as if they conflate mediocrity with godliness. 

I vote for stupidity with godliness.  Also, arrogance, intolerance, and condescension.

Some god, huh?

14 hours ago, bella8050 said:

Yeah she's fundie lite, but it is fun to read comments on her social media cause she is not fundie enough for many. She and her husband own a winery and people flip their shit anytime she posts something with their wine in it, on top of the Fuller House complaints. 

Back in Dillard land Jill has weiners on her mind!

I love the "true story" part.   Like someone would actually makeup a story about being a gross hotdog slob.  Her emojis and lingo remind me of an SNL skit making fun of dorky moms.  Especially the check mark, the 10 hotdog emojis, "mommin' it", and advice on how to get out a stain.  I could totally see Melissa McCarthy re-enacting Jill's instagram.  It would be pretty funny.  

19 hours ago, PumaLover said:

Fireproof came out right as my fundie ex and I were going through our divorce. He said the movie hit him hard and he cried a lot through it. I had absolutely no desire to see it. 

I remember the episode where the Duggars went to see it and JB said it was the best movie ever made. They also made sure to let everyone know that in the last scene (I think?) where Kirk kisses his wife, he had to have his ACTUAL wife stand in for the actress so he wouldn't be accused of being unfaithful. Or something like that. Because Jesus.

ETA: I just watched the trailer and the tag line is "never leave your partner behind." He and I never felt like partners and I had absolutely no trouble leaving that marriage behind. I left and never looked back and it was the best thing I've ever done. He and I were both so passive aggressive we'd still be in that miserable relationship if I hadn't finally walked out. 

Yes, my ex never being around when my son was born, hanging out at friends drinking til all hours...... I remember one Christmas I wanted to buy my son a game system. He freaked out at the price, then went out and bought himself a leather jacket. The final straw was his cheating, he ended up marrying her. It lasted a year. I heard she would call the cops on him because he was drunk. Yes, I was glad to leave that one behind too. 

8 hours ago, nausicaa said:

Lord give me the confidence of a mediocre white man. 

Yes!! I would love to feel that good about myself!!!!

16 hours ago, TheOneAndOnly said:

She mentions this stuff because SHE'S A MOM YOU GUYS!!! Being a MOM is messy!!! It's how food gets spilled!!! No adult without children could understand!!! MOMS need clothes that can be cleaned!!! Who else could ever understand!!!  #idiot #othermomsareembarrassedforJill #juststopalready

I'd love to know what her sisters (especially Jessa) and Amy think of these ridiculous posts.

Doesn’t know what is making him gag. So tempted to write, perhaps all the shit that spews out of your mouth is making you gag. 

B4858939-89A6-4576-AA9C-964341E6DE59.png

19 hours ago, TheOneAndOnly said:

She mentions this stuff because SHE'S A MOM YOU GUYS!!! Being a MOM is messy!!! It's how food gets spilled!!! No adult without children could understand!!! MOMS need clothes that can be cleaned!!! Who else could ever understand!!

These posts half make me cringe (because uuuuugh please staaahp with the "HASHTAG RELATABLE AMIRITE HAVING CHILDREN IS SOMETIMES MESSY AND CHALLENGING LOLOLOLOL I AM SO RELATABLE"), and half make me continue to feel kinda sad for Jill. She reminds me of myself when I was a teenager (especially late high school-first two years of college): desperately trying out identities and just never quite getting it "right" when I put them on, and just coming off as weird and awkward and obnoxious because I wasn't being me, or I was but I was trying to figure out who "me" was and it was a lot of trial and error and desperation. I felt like a space alien imitating human stuff I thought would be cool and make me fit in with humans, and it looked that way on the outside, for sure. 

But I had the chance to go to college, go abroad, figure out who the fuck I was, get some therapy, and (most of the time) stop worrying about fitting a mold or imitating other people to make people like me. Jill shows the biggest problem with how fundie women are raised: it's perpetual adolescence, with no chance to go out and be independent and form your own identity. Then you get married and BOOM, you're magically an adult because you married a guy your dad picked out for you and now you have to have the maturity of an adult and be a parent for god knows how many kids, and have a sexuality that is simultaneously chaste and girlish, but also always available whenever your husband wants to fuck. But you're still mentally 15-17 because going through any life events or experiences that would allow you to mature beyond that point would necessitate your parents/husband relinquishing some control over you. So here's insecure, people-pleasing, mentally-adolescent Jill, thrust into adulthood, and trying on identities to see which one fits and will please all the people around her and make people like her and be her friend: traveling hippie? That was a bust. How about #RelatableMom? So far, it just comes off wrong. 

47 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

Doesn’t know what is making him gag. So tempted to write, perhaps all the shit that spews out of your mouth is making you gag. 

B4858939-89A6-4576-AA9C-964341E6DE59.png

So she's wearing the hot dog stained shirt for date night? Lovely ?

7 hours ago, Dandruff said:

I'd love to know what her sisters (especially Jessa) and Amy think of these ridiculous posts.

Jill tries to copy other people's posts especially Jessa's and where as Jessa's mostly come across as relatable to people Jill's definitely don't, she posts things that her children can be doing dangerous stuff or her children seem forced to perform in, while I'm sure Spurgeon and Henry have found themselves doing dangerous stuff, it's easy done. Jessa seems to have the sense to not photograph or film it then put it on social media.

Jill at least hasn't went as far as McKenzie McKee from 16 and pregnant and Teen Mom 3, she posted a few weeks ago that her husband, Josh had went fishing with her dad and she had to go out on a shopping trip with all her kids and she let her son's,  Gannon and Broncs pull on a ferret in a pet shop and made light of the fact they may have killed it, but it wasn't worth the  $200 they were charging. Her daughter, Jaxie destroyed Kylie lipsticks in a drugstore and she didn't offer to pay for the damage and they were throwing food in a restaurant and acted like it was fine because kids will be kids, her youngest then rubbed his poo from his nappy all over a fridge in an electronic store. She thought that people would relate to that and agree with her that it was her husband's fault for going fishing and when people told her that she should have not let them behave like that in public and stopped her shopping trip long before she did because they were not behaving, she got pissed.

6 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

These posts half make me cringe (because uuuuugh please staaahp with the "HASHTAG RELATABLE AMIRITE HAVING CHILDREN IS SOMETIMES MESSY AND CHALLENGING LOLOLOLOL I AM SO RELATABLE"), and half make me continue to feel kinda sad for Jill. She reminds me of myself when I was a teenager (especially late high school-first two years of college): desperately trying out identities and just never quite getting it "right" when I put them on, and just coming off as weird and awkward and obnoxious because I wasn't being me, or I was but I was trying to figure out who "me" was and it was a lot of trial and error and desperation. I felt like a space alien imitating human stuff I thought would be cool and make me fit in with humans, and it looked that way on the outside, for sure. 

But I had the chance to go to college, go abroad, figure out who the fuck I was, get some therapy, and (most of the time) stop worrying about fitting a mold or imitating other people to make people like me. Jill shows the biggest problem with how fundie women are raised: it's perpetual adolescence, with no chance to go out and be independent and form your own identity. Then you get married and BOOM, you're magically an adult because you married a guy your dad picked out for you and now you have to have the maturity of an adult and be a parent for god knows how many kids, and have a sexuality that is simultaneously chaste and girlish, but also always available whenever your husband wants to fuck. But you're still mentally 15-17 because going through any life events or experiences that would allow you to mature beyond that point would necessitate your parents/husband relinquishing some control over you. So here's insecure, people-pleasing, mentally-adolescent Jill, thrust into adulthood, and trying on identities to see which one fits and will please all the people around her and make people like her and be her friend: traveling hippie? That was a bust. How about #RelatableMom? So far, it just comes off wrong. 

EXACTLY!!! I'm 41 and just now finally realizing who *I* am....not who everyone wanted me to be....in just the last year, I've become much more vocal. I don't just sit there and "take it". I'm finally becoming a strong independent woman (which goes against EVERYTHING us fundie ladies were taught to be) I think you hit the nail on the head when you said that they are in "perpetual adolescence". That's exactly how I feel about myself. Emotionally and just every day life. At 41 I'm just now experiencing dating. I never did that before (we "courted"). I'm completely on my own & relying on no one except for myself. I love it. But it's something that most people do in their 20's. If for no other reason....this is one of the biggest reasons I am so against how they raise these kids in the fundie world. They do not prepare them for the real world and for real life. 

They sure like cheap Japanese food and that restaurant that dips the dishes into chocolate.

Have we seen them at any other restaurants for "date night"?  

The cringiest thing she does, for me, is the "can anyone relate?" thing. Of course people can relate to getting something on their shirt, Jill. Who hasn't done that? It's like she's an alien trying to be human. I mean I guess it is kind of like that, though. 

That movie Fireproof led to a book or journal called The Love Dare if I remember right. It's how Jirk and his movie wife get back on track in the movie so it was made into a book. ?

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived