• Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
samurai_sarah

Dillards 74: The Dill in the Pickle

DefraudedByPlaid

The first time in months I'm caught up on this thread...😄

Ms. Brightside

Oh man... I thought this thread title was a play on "a bun in the oven..." what a relief to be wrong!

HarleyQuinn

But is this new thread #hubbyapproved? 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 32
  • Love 1

Waffle Time
Beermeet
5 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

But is this new thread #hubbyapproved? 

Don't be silly. We're heathen women and this is most definitely not #hubbyapproved. I mean, I didn't even ask my headship if I can be on FJ. 😳

• Upvote 5
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 27
  • Love 2

Nervous
CharlieInCharge

You didn’t, @Beermeet? I consulted my pastor, church elders and my headship before I even started lurking! For shame 🤣

HarleyQuinn

I have the #besthubbyever so I don't even have to ask him to post on FJ! 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 23
  • Love 1

meee
16 hours ago, Ms. Brightside said:

Oh man... I thought this thread title was a play on "a bun in the oven..." what a relief to be wrong!

Me too! I hadn't been following the Dillard threads at all (I basically don't follow anyone unless they're pregnant lol), and I saw this at the bottom of the page and came right on over!

samurai_sarah

My peepz (look, I added a "z", to look all wicked and stuff! Please add some "dad-dancing", where I'm trying to look all...lame)! The new thread-title isn't about anything, really. Apart from me trying to be all that, to my detriment. No deeper meaning. :)

onekidanddone
2 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I have the #besthubbyever so I don't even have to ask him to post on FJ! 

I have the #besthubbyeverexecptwhenheleavesatotalmessinthekitchen

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 15
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

Waffle Time
Beermeet

#Ihavethebesthubbyever

#Itsmypleasuretopickuphissocks

#godsworkonfleek

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 22

Peaches-n-Beans
10 hours ago, meee said:

Me too! I hadn't been following the Dillard threads at all (I basically don't follow anyone unless they're pregnant lol), and I saw this at the bottom of the page and came right on over!

Man y'all have much cleaner minds then me. My brain immediately went to it being a euphemism for fundy 'adult time' 🤮

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 20
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

AtlanticTug

The latest photos of her modelling clothes are breathtakingly horrible.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 8
  • Love 1

Waffle Time
Beermeet
1 hour ago, AtlanticTug said:

The last one she looks really nice. I'd pair that dress with brown cowboy boots. 

HarleyQuinn
2 hours ago, AtlanticTug said:

That's about the nicest way you could put it. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 8
  • Love 1

Dizzy
Sacrilicious Twerk-a-Work
4 hours ago, AtlanticTug said:

This is.....putting it politely.

On the one hand.....I will admit, I wish my hair was her length, but I wish she would do something with it.....classic length hair looks other-worldly when braided into a crown on the head. I don't have my elisi's braiding skillset, but I try to keep mine braided in both traditional heritage styles and for fun modern hair.

Second.....oh, Jilly. To be honest, I felt she was...."prettiest"(?) during her courtship/early marriage period. I thought she was adorable in her engagement photos, and for a split second, there was genuine affection between her and Dillsack, back when he worked a legit job and wasn't being a tool. These days, it feels so forced, it shows on her face. I question if so much of her social media stuff is out of loneliness. My mom did stay-at-home mom the first portion of my childhood, but she made it a point to interact with other moms, even if it was among church circles or relatives. Maybe her "fashion drive" is also trying to keep #BEstHubbyEver 's attention?

Kill me for saying this later (yuck yuck YUCK), buuuuuut......it is a sad day when Boob is a better example of an attentive loving husband. He's a horrible parent and shady business person to boot, but Boob makes it no secret how much he adores Mullet (see also: puttputt humping), always speaking well of her, kissing her, and pretty much showing her off in a way of saying "I know I hit the jackpot and married above my level".....hence the controlling crap.....but, even so, I do not ever see Boob posting a video of taunting Mullet a la DWreck and the mouse incident.

..............sorry, rabbit trailed there. 
Anyway. 
Ya know.....most of us had to navigate poor decisions of dressing ourselves in the teen years, whereas Totally Jilly never had that chance, so in many ways, she reminds me of a junior high kid testing her wings......err, "modestly" so. Maybe she needs to spend more time with cousin Amy? 

Wine time!
Snarkasarus Rex

Good gravy, it looks like she did a photo shoot in military base housing.

Glasgowghirl

Jill bless her isn't great at posing for pictures when it comes to modelling clothes, Jinger and Jessa are more suited to that, not being rude, I'd be useless at it too. I do like that she is experimenting with clothes and trying to find her style, her upbringing meant she didn't really get that chance as a child or teen to try out different fashions.

AtlanticTug

Her hair is also just not looking good at all. It's at the point where it looks so heavy that it's lifeless and flat and greasy-looking even if it's not in reality. I wish she'd chop a foot off, but hell, half a foot would be a good start too.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

lizzybee
Posted (edited)

@Sacrilicious Twerk-a-Work I completely agree. I look at pictures of her years ago and she was so pretty and vivacious. It just makes me feel melancholy to see her now. Everyone gets older and kids grow you up a lot, but it definitely seems to be a lot more than that for Jill. I'm admittedly curious why she's not cutting her hair anymore. Is that not #hubbyapproved? She's always worn it long, but not like this.  

Edited by lizzybee
clarifying

Granwych
1 hour ago, lizzybee said:

@Sacrilicious Twerk-a-Work I completely agree. I look at pictures of her years ago and she was so pretty and vivacious. It just makes me feel melancholy to see her now. Everyone gets older and kids grow you up a lot, but it definitely seems to be a lot more than that for Jill. I'm admittedly curious why she's not cutting her hair anymore. Is that not #hubbyapproved? She's always worn it long, but not like this.  

She could let Spurge have at it with his kiddie scissors and call it a lesson of some sort.

Happy
PennySycamore

@Granwych, well if Spurge did it, he might be less likely to get throttled for it, but Izzy or Sam would be more likely to cut it.  

Anna Bolinas

Wow does that kiss look awkward and perfunctory.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 3